1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FPS drop

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Shaargs, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Leesette

Hello,

it definately got something to do with Tamer Pet. We did Relics yesterday and one guy used his Tamer Pet and the FPS went to HELL for the whole group. This lasted until the Guy went DC about 20 Minutes later and FPS was back to normal. They definately screwed something up. Maybe new Graphics Drivers in combination withthe Tamer Pet is a rather huge "object" and quite detailed with all the Hairs and stuff.

Cheers

2. Hazardly

Hazardly Aranea Berserker 61 EU

So i have a invisible Tamer following me then cause last time i checked is was a Warrior

3. Leesette

i did not say thats the only Reason. But it was one thing that was noticeable for the whole group. They definately changed something regarding the Graphics with this last Patch.

4. Hazardly

im just salty theres still no official word on this Problem. Btw my Ticket was assigned to GM Horizon and now suddenly is still on wait to be accepted what are this shenanigans

5. BoxClub

Maybe you already saw it maybe you did not, but there is an official word on this topic, @GM Horizon suggest all players who having this fps issue to update there GPU drives, after looking my drivers up, i found ones that were released 2017/08/14 not too long ago for my Nvidia GeForce 960M GPU, so it actually could be the case.
    Gonna inform if i see any difference after installing drivers o/.

Edit 1: Well first impression after updating drivers and restarting computer seems to be positive, before the updating i had lowest settings and still had horrible fps in Velia (annoying but nothing to bad), now after updating drivers with medium settings it runs better then before, gonna go to rogues and farm a bit, last time i had unplayable fps there, will update later :).

Last edit: Seems like drivers fixed it, i'm back to my old fps that i had before the patch, i still have fps drops but that was usual thing even before the patch, what was unusual the horribly low fps and it's gone now :), should have tried installing new drivers myself :D.

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/fps-issues-august-16th.44429/

#85 BoxClub, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  6. Hazardly

i cant say for sure but there was an ~187mb patch and it feels like its back to normal gonna try all chars and edit this post then!

EDIT: that patch did it for me can grind again
    EDIT 2: ok after putting graphic back to where it was (i played around cause of the FPS test) its back

#86 Hazardly, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  7. eddie972e

I have 2 gtx 1080 in sli and i have them overclocked to 2 ghz, and it drops to 20s, i never had this problem i would always be at 60 fps solid , now it dips to 20s and to 60s, all of this started after this last patch.( im on the latest drivers Btw)

8. BoxClub

Updating drivers helps, so if you are having horrible fps after the patch try finding your newest drivers for GPU and installing them o/ gl.

9. Tanaa

I have the same problem.Game is unplayable to me now.Can't even hardley move in the cities.Have reinstalled ,updated everything,Still the same doesn't matter what I do. Sux's!!!!

Natt likes this.
  10. Aguita

After the past and check drivers ( all in the latest version) the problems continues wih fps , this last mini patch dotn resolve nothing :(

Natt likes this.
  11. Natt

Most recent ~187mb patch also has not solved my fps problem.

12. UnrealJax

Just wanted to add that hairy creatures and things like hay carts cause ridiculous amounts of lag when nearby now.

13. Hazardly

my Reminder of "This issue is not resolved yet" pls Help

14. ThanksBro

Updated my AMD like GM suggested. Everything works perfect now, fixed for me atleast. Goodluck to the rest of you.

15. Eiensora

Unfortunately I had the same issue, heavy drops in fps, largely in combat; zooming in on my or any pc; Heilang/other models with large amounts of hair, as well as a large drop in the character selection screen.
    Also unfortunately (to some in this thread), this was resolved when I updated my driver and did a clean install. (Geforce 960 driver 385.28) I suppose worth noting, I did do this after the patch dropped and after the small hotfix.

16. Gekku

i updated my drivers, seems like it fixed a bit but i still have little fps drop here and there

i was playing smooth in steady 90~120 before update, but now it drops down to 40~50 sometimes still(better than down to 20 but lag is lag)

poor update. idk what the hell they screwed up but this makes feel like i wasted money on my new pc and not want to play for long

17. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

From steady 59 fps and 45+ at bosses (no effects) down to 14-30 fps...
    @GM Horizon
    Tried latest graphics card driver and the previous, nothing helped.
    PC specs:
    I7-4790k 4GHz not overclocked.
    16GB RAM
    GTX 1060

CPU temp ~55°C
    GPU temp ~60°C

Other games are fine.
    So what to do?

Attached Files:

18. Drustein

Not only does the fps hit truly woeful levels now, but I am experiencing graphical glitches and freezing now unlike I ever seen before. Does anybody know qhat were those two patches were actually for? I'mnbegining to think they were new brake pads for the front and back end of the servers...

19. Norwenko

My drivers are updated, my class is Sorceress and my lag is still down to hell

20. HayamaLinnus

I updated my drivers for Nvidia v385.28 on GTX 960 and it did nothing.
    The main thing I'm noticing is that there are massive BUS usage % spikes when monitoring with MSI Afterburner.

For me reducing the graphics texture setting to medium instead of high fixed the problem, but I had no problems running at high texture settings before so something weird happened with the latest patch.

I would like to enjoy the game at high texture setting again.