1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FPS drop

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Shaargs, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Jave

Jave OracleOfYakiimo Valkyrie 60 EU

Updated my drivers and did yesterday night's last patch: fps problem solved, dunno whether is was thanks to the drivers or the patch but the issue for me is now solved

2. Krakh

interesting suggestion, i am not knowledgeable about computers but isn't it odd that my fps drops to 17 when i go near those "crystal Towers" at wandering rogue den but when i am anywhere else, sausan, helms, or a World boss with 70-100 players i have no fps issues?

3. Lunafreya

Lunafreya Fleuret Witch 61 EU

Witch player, i'm also having massive FPS drop. I used Display Driver Uninstaller to do a clean install of my Nvidia drivers, configured everything according to support's suggestions, disabled "Game Mode" option from Windows, even changed BDO's priority to "Very high" in Task Manager. I am still having low FPS, and I know it's not my laptop's problem. I used to play this in High with 40 FPS back in beta. Now, I am playing with less than 20 FPS in Medium. FIX YOUR GAME!

4. Pituvul

Updating to the latest NVidia drivers did NOT solve the FPS drop.
    Noticing same or worse fps drop in crowded areas and the fps returns to normal if I move away in a less crowded area and the issue returns if I go back to that area. Also changing the Graphic Quality on MEDIUM helps with the fps drop though the issue returns sometimes, its kinda playable but wish this wasn't the solution since this game worked fine on Very High settings before Wednesday's crap patch D:<

EDIT: Noticing fps drop from a smooth gameplay (on Medium) to unplayable after entering and exiting the world map in some cases, the drop is continuous regardless of crowded or non-crowded areas. going back to character selection then to server selection screen and back in the game will fix it or restarting the game, of course will do it too #FixFPSdrop

#104 Pituvul, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  5. HayamaLinnus

Scratch that. FPS drops still occurring at medium texture settings just not as severe

6. Elfeater

I've been having issues with this as well. I dont have a good computer or anything, but it's enough to run the game without complete stutter, but ever since the patch my fps dropped down to 5. the game is literally unplayable, it takes me like a full minute just to kill trash mobs because its so slow that I can't attack. Please fix this fps problem :< would like to get on and enjoy the event yall have goin on for this month.

7. Hazardly

Hazardly Aranea Berserker 61 EU

well "Gamescom" has higher priority then we it seems. I hope they give me back my Valuepack for the time i can't play the game proper

#107 Hazardly, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  8. UnrealJax

Something I only just noticed after the patch is the game no longer fully utilizes my CPU (intel i5-3330). it never goes higher than 30-40% on all cores unlike before. Anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

9. Hystena

I tried something new.
    I logged in with another account which has no problem with the last update and..
    No problem with the character selection.
    But still, FPS drop when I interact with PNJ.

And I tried to login my account on another computer, and no problem at all..

And the funny thing is that I re-installed the game from that other computer

No logic

I deleted the "user cache" and "cache" files and I have no longer problem with the PNJ but still FPS drop at the character selection

10. Norwenko

Since the announcement of the hotfix I noticed that fps is back to normal now when alone in the world or when talking to a npc. When close to mobs or other players it drops again to 4fps and becomes unplayable but as soon as I leave the zone I get my steady 30fps

11. Ferr

Updated drivers but the game still runs like **** compared to before the patch....

12. Krakh

in the sticky above this thread they say it's because of tamers pet & we all got bad computers..........

can anyone then explain to me or more unlikely the devs which is not gona happend, why before the patch my fps were fine everywhere in the entire game, but after the patch i only got 1 area where i got fps issues, which is "Wandering Rogue Den" not the bandits themselves for example you can find a good amount of bandits between the crystal Towers which cause no fps issues, but when i go near one of those crystal Towers my FPS drops to 17 and stays there for aslong as i stand near those towers

also my bro have this issue i have with Wandering Rogue Den but at Sausan? i however only have FPS issues in Wandering Rogue Den which is a Place i kind of NEVER set my foot in, everywhere else wether it's Helms, Sausan or even Bosses with 70-100 players i have no FPS issues

i like this game which i switched over to from playing WoW for more than 12 years and as i see alot of people can't play this game because something fked up after the patch they just gona say it's tamers pet & we got **** computers? wtf is that for a response? haven't they atleast investigated this? cause i can't find anything about that

damn that announcement pisses me off, i like this game but fk me that repply to all of this

Pkmdz likes this.
  13. Light123

The game is so bad now im wizzard but my FPS now is sooo bad i cant play, bring back old update or fix with new one

14. Hazardly

Hazardly Aranea Berserker 61 EU

Weekend is almost still can play normally. Next up is Gamescom and then its again WE so my guess is we get help in 9 Days

15. lewisefur

From an average of 30-40 fps, down to 1-5 fps after the patch. Sent in a ticket, after checking for driver updates, doing windows updates, reinstalling the game, and doing everything else I could think to do on my end. They replied to my ticket asking me to submit system info, which I did. It's been 3 days since then, and no reply to my ticket. And no, I don't have a tamer.

Update:
    Ticket replied to. And like everyone else, I was told it's my computer that's the issue. Though pre-patch there was no issue...

#115 lewisefur, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  16. Natt

Fresh uninstall/reinstall did not fix my issue either.

17. Lunafreya

Lunafreya Fleuret Witch 61 EU

I sent a ticket last weekend and they actually replied a few hours later. After doing everything they suggested, they sent me another ticket asking for a video record of the game, because they think the problem may be my storage device. I'm not even going to bother answering them anymore. Back in launch, I could play this game in my laptop with "High/Slightly High" settings and about 40 FPS. I am now playing on Medium with less than 10 FPS sometimes. I can't do Relics, I can't farm, I can hardly open any menu. It's just insane!

I used DDU to completely uninstall my display driver, deleted Cache and Logs folder, resetted all my game settings, disabled Windows "Game Mode", even sent my laptop for some cleaning and new thermal paste. NOTHING works!

18. Natt

It seems they have FINALLY addressed the issue we may all be experiencing.

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/fps-issues-august-16th.44429/

"Textures not optimized
    It seems that hair, fur and foliage textures are causing huge FPS drops when the camera is zoomed in on them. To confirm if this is the case for you, simply walk up to the nearest fellow player around you at give their haircut a glance! Keep in mind that Tree Spirits (Dim Tree Spirit included!) do have foliage textures attached to them, and unfortunately will also cause FPS drops, and this is also applicable to various furry animals you might encounter in the wild. We have forwarded this to our QA team for further investigation."

19. prymortal

prymortal Sorceress 61 NA

https://s26.postimg.org/kpwtsmmjd/2017-08-17_8352216.jpg
    [​IMG]
    yup i can see this as an possible issue (same res, same settings, same PC.)

20. Reyfer

Has anybody else noticed that the game seems to not use CPU like before? I get only 15% on one core, when before it would be over 50% CPU usage. Maybe that is the reason for the FPS drop? Not sure, just saying that it seems weird the game went from using almost 50% of all the cores, to 15% of one core.