1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response FPS Drops

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Duskbreaker, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Duskbreaker

Hey all, lately I've been experiencing intermittent fps drops on bdo while idling or doing any actions such as combat. I can run very high at 110 fps and remastered at 70-80 fps usually, but as of late, very high would go donw to 40 fps(remastered goes to 30 fps) then return to normal in about a minute or 2. These FPS drops do not occur in towns. I am on a gaming laptop with an i9-9900K Inter processor, an RTX 2080 GPU, and 32 GB of RAM. Anyone experiencing this as well? Does anyone know any fixes? My settings are optimized according to the official BDO framrate optimization guidelines.

2. GM Hitsuzen

Game Master

Hey there,

I would recommend that you take a look at our Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide and follow the steps there, in order to help you tackle your fps drops.

If nothing helps, please be so kind and send us a ticket here. That way you can talk closely with our Tech team and see what might be the problem. :)

3. Silent83

The games issues after they introduce the remastered mode, has leek memory after 1-3 hours restart the game to get your fps back, i finally test it on a normal 60hz monitor, there has no stutter, after you unlock fps and turn off v-sync the game goes crazy, if you stick with 60 fps, nobody wats that but, you remove 99% the stutter, the engine is not design on a super high resolution or super high fps, no idea what's going on, only the devs know better, they told as the game doesn't like GPU OC or CPU OC, that are lies, there is no such thing, if you buy a super video card like 3090 or 3080, you cant play bdo?

#3 Silent83, Oct 4, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    WisedudeBlack likes this.
  4. WisedudeBlack

If the only option to play bdo without stutters is to play at 60 fps then I would rather not play at all.

Also the UI is still a cause of intermitent stutter https://community.blackdesertonline...tutter-with-periodic-frametime-spikes.447746/ reported a year ago https://imgur.com/a/78TPT7t manshaum grinding frametime time graph from a week ago.Still the same. Meanwhile playing a game of apex legends https://imgur.com/a/6QBkBrY just so you know it isnt my rig.

I reported the issue again just incase but I feel they are just gonna ignore it again.

Silent83 likes this.
  5. Arch2k

Arch2k Devil_Monkeys Lahn 63 NA

All comes down to game engine was made 2010 on 2010 computers
    Theres no escape from that
    Unless they build a whole new engine
    Or redesign this one aka upgrade which we kinda saw already in their new bdo game

CrKrCrKr1 and Silent83 like this.
  6. WisedudeBlack

They better get to work then.

Silent83 and CrKrCrKr1 like this.
  7. WisedudeBlack

I dunno if it was odylita but im getting stutter spots almost everywhere now.

Silent83 likes this.
  8. Silent83

Ofc you do, and more in the future, because they add content and not optimization to the game. :(

9. GenesisYasu

I think its fair to say that along WITH the release of the Crimson Desert game coming out, We would also like to see a FULL OVERHAUL optimization update, thats including the elimination of pop-in and shadow jitter and also fps drops... They need to take the funds for the game, and the higher ups need to just take a cut one year, and put in the time and money to fix these issues... its been a issue since games launch, and I believe if this was resolved, not only would it bring a ton of people to the game, including those who have left, but the game would essentially expand its life-time for another 5 or more years, versus the time it would lose if it hypothetically is never worked on.

[​IMG]

#9 GenesisYasu, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    peanut777 and Silent83 like this.
  10. Silent83

100% agree!

peanut777 and GenesisYasu like this.
  11. Ahri-

As a pvper, these frametime spikes actually kill me alot. I sent a support ticket and they just said they reported it to devs or something and closed it so basically useless

peanut777 likes this.
  12. WisedudeBlack

I reported the issue a year ago so currently they are actively ignoring it.100% they know about it or my reports are going in the bin.

peanut777 likes this.