1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free 2 Play - Player, Cosmetics, and Possible Prolems.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LilithDragonFlower, Sep 15, 2018.

1. LilithDragonFlower

First, I don't care because I actually spend money on the game however from a F2P player aspect I tell everyone if you can't spend $100 or more a month in BDO don't play this game it can be argued but just the way I see it.

Problem with the new Costume sales VS Cron Stones.

So if I open the cash shop and pay $34 for a costume and sell it I only make like 100 million?

But anyone who is a whale and just AFK Fishes for 5 days making 20 mil, can just snag these up and make 200 mil in cron-stone value????

Meanwhile F2P players who wan't to get a costume have a really hard time getting one due to people still not wanting to sell because it's still generally not worth doing such, in the very least a costume should be worth a max of the same price as Cron Stone Value.

Bots / Hackers.

. Perhaps Kakao is doing a great job getting rid of them however now people can use a 3rd party auction house mod with pearl shop market to snipe costumes and stuff thus paying 100 mil getting 200 cron stones out of them again F2P players are screwed if even one player does cheat like this and honestly could go undetected too if not done too much for quite awhile.

. Charge - Backs, a person can now easily commit fraud selling those costumes on the market, buying with their alts, or selling to other people as well and then doing such, I won't disclose step by step instructions or how-to but let me just say this takes 3 minutes to do such, Perhaps this isn't a big problem for BDO though but i've seen it in other games.

^ As for tracking this pretty hard to do such if a user knows how to mask their identity very good.

So Generally asking for some changes here, make cosmetic items worth 200 mil same value as cron stones so they can't just be flipped, or higher priced so F2P players can actually earn and have a chance at getting them too.

2. TeRRoRibleOne

You literally made a thread crying about not being able to get something someone else spent money on because you don't want to buy it yourself.... Spend your own money.

Dalenos and Asterotis like this.
  3. asdsadfas

if anything lower crons down to costume price not the other way around lmao

4. LilithDragonFlower

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

# WHALES UNITED !

:D Hey Kakao give me some good deals for Haloween next month I got another $500 ready to swipe :D.

Support the game, be pround, but those peeps who can't afford to swipe hard should be able to obtain cash shop items just as easily as those who swipe for them, aka there kinda needs to be a free economy on cosmetic gear, or value worth actually selling them so F2P players can get them, or the ability to sell them directly to other players rather than having BOTS, and rich kids snag em up for the $60 USD VALUE in cron stones which makes no sense having a 100% Markup vs those selling them it screws people all around.

#4 LilithDragonFlower, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  5. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

agreed, costumes should give only 100 crons or less.

Dalenos likes this.
  6. ambyentlight

if they only gave 100 crons or less there would be less demand for buying costumes off the mp as limited costumes and all and Kakao/Pearl Abyss can't have that though they should make costumes sell for like 219 mill instead to ballance it out and well ivecourse remove the 5 item weekly cap that is going to happen our version soon anyway.

7. LilithDragonFlower

Got no problem with people buying costumes for Cron Stones, but if it's the case of not getting at least Fair Market Value of the real value of a costume that is a problem, and it's also a problem that there is no supply and demand on pearl shop items.

a.) Add Pre-order
    b.) Allow people to sell for whatever price they want up to a max of 1 billion.

This makes it so so one whale can't just buy all the costumes and that one free player who does life skill all the time, and want's to get a costume can eventually have the hopes of getting one because every single time I look on the market there are no costumes or pearl shop items for sale.

8. Findubar

the game is ****. pa and kaka laugh so hard at how stupid you must be to spend so much money on their **** game.

9. chendu

How ? where ? and why ?
    100% of the costume going to marketplace will be bought, where and when did you see a costume not getting sold in the first 5 min it been on mp ?
    the demand is still at it's peak

Thelemna likes this.
  10. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

no. the cap is there for a reason. if anything, they should add a cap on melting weekly as well. price is already very high, seeing a new player can get alot of stuff with 500+mil a week.

11. ambyentlight

The cap will be gone soon now we are 99% KR version and your not too bright if you think otherwise. Kakao will simply state they dident have a choice again.

12. Blitzball

If you can get 500 million per week just by swipping your credit card , it's P2W. No matter the price. That's it

13. LilithDragonFlower

Good can't wait until the cap is gone and it's a free economy :D.

14. elgen

Your spouting a bunch of bs.

I have picked up more then a few costumes off the market since the change. I could get a ton of them but I am not greedy and do not want copy's of sets I already have.

You should not lie and try to victimize f2p players just so you can gain a extra 100 mil per costume on top of what your already getting.

15. Nystromn

god, that purchase history is painful to see.

Pixii likes this.
  16. Worldscream

If you were actually advocating for F2P players I would expect a solution more along the lines of limiting how many pearl items a single player can buy at a time. Something like 3 pearl items purchased off the marketplace per person per week.

Personally I think they should either make a quest or have the equipment tailoring coupon craftable or obtainable through other free means. I think many costumes that dont come from the pearl shop look better than their pearl counterparts.

17. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

costumes should sell for 200 mill, personally i just melt them

18. Pixii

This is just my personal opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right or wrong.
    • "Support the game, be [proud]" - I Agree. If you enjoy playing a game that is doesn't require you to spend a monthly subscription, then you should support them however you can. If you can only spend $10, that's fine. If your best friend can spend $50, that's fine.
    • "but those peeps who can't afford to swipe hard should be able to obtain cash shop items just as easily as those who swipe for them" -
      I disagree.
    I used to work at Starbucks when I was younger, and one thing that always baffled me was when people would come in for a cup of coffee, and then complain about the prices. I was raised dirt poor. We have money now, but I grew up very low income. If we didn't have the money to spend on something, we didn't buy it. Simple as that.
    ie: If you can't afford a $5 cup of coffee everyday, then don't spend $5 on a cup of coffee everyday.

If a company prices an item at $30, and people are willing to pay that amount of money for that item, than that is the value of that item.
    If someone is not able to pay $30, then you don't get the item. You don't sit there and say "I'm pooooooor. I waaaaant that. I should be able to have it"
    NOTE: I'm not saying that YOU (the OP) are saying "I'm poor"... Because you have already shown that you've invested money into this game.

I just disagree that CASH items should be AS EASY to obtain for everyone else who can't afford them.
    I can't afford to spend $200/month every month on this game, and I'm not over here upset that "I can't have the costume I want because I'm too poor, and I can't ever get them on the MP because there aren't enough/bots/rich kids/3rd party apps, etc"

I am perfectly content with the purchase I have made in the Cash Shop.
    I don't want or need every single cash shop item.
    If I want something, I will spend the money on it - because that is the requirement for obtaining the item. You have 2 options:
    - spend real money
    - try and get it off the MP for fake money

You cant walk into Papa Johns and ask for a Large Pizza and expect to pay for it in bubble gum.
    The company wants real money for their pizza. You give them real money.
    You can't say "this pizza should be easier to obtain for everyone else who isn't able to pay what the seller is asking"

If you can't do that, it's not the end of the world. Life will go on.

19. RipVonBongle

whales would be willing to pay $100 or maybe more for a costume. does that mean they should raise the price? I could afford to spend much more but i choose not to, it's not hard to see why

20. Pixii

IF the majority of the player base is willing to spend $100 on a costume, that then means: $100 is the value of the costume. As a result, the Company would then raise the price.

If Whales is 10% of the player base, then most likely the value of the item would not be $100, because that would mean that 90% of the player base couldn't afford $100/costume, and so the company would make less money overall.
    If Whales is 80% of the player base, and the players are willing to spend $100 on a costume, then $100 would be the new value of the costume.
    (NOTE: These are exaggerated percentages)

But this concept isn't exactly Black & White. Business strategies are not one-size-fits-all.
    Let's say there is a Merchant who produces a product. He makes this product by hand, and can only make 25 per month. He prices the item at $30. He sells out all 25 in a week. He can't make them any faster, so he raised the value to $50. He sells 15, and doesn't sell 10. Someone comes in and says "I think this product is worth $100. I am willing to pay you $100 for one". The merchant is like "woah cool!" But he still has 9 more to sell that month. The next month, he prices the product at $100, and sells 3, and couldn't sell the other 22, and couldn't sell the previous 9.
    Month 1: he made $750 - every item sold
    Month 2: he made $750 - most items sold
    Month 3: he made $300 - very little sold
    The Merchant than realizes that he makes more money if he prices his item between $25-$50.
    IF - he was able to consistently sell 8/25 every month at $100 per item, than it would make sense for him to sell his product at $100/item.
    (NOTE: This is just a simple example, not based on an actual human/shop data)

#20 Pixii, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018