1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends Quitting

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Kyraios, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Kyraios

Kyraios Sagaris Valkyrie NA

Hi everyone,

Most of my friends are quitting this game. Not because it’s bad or because it’s unappealing. In fact it’s probably one of the most visually appealing games they’ve ever played. The gameplay, the mini games, the events. It’s all fun, and interesting. Between the most minuscule interactions and the insane Attention to detail, this game feels like a living and breathing world. Seriously, Well done game developers. You’ve made a Mona Lisa of a game. It’ll be hard for other MMO’s to top this anytime soon(though I’m looking forward to a few).

But even with all of these fascinating points of the game, my friends stopped finding this game fun and interesting. Rather it leaves them drained, stressed, and angry. Because.. in all aspects of this game, it comes back to the same single reason why they’re all quitting; RNG. The cursed(for most) Random Number Generator.

Whether it’s lifeskilling, Enhancing, grinding or pvp, RNG will be the main reason to quit.

Examples:
    Someone spending Billions on a gold accessory, while another person gets it on his first try

Awakening your horse to a dream horse on your 56th try, but watching someone else get it on their first.

Opening 20 sealed magical fairy wings and getting 3 t2’s and the rest t1’s while someone’s else gets a t4 in 1-3 tries.

Failing to TeT boss gear at 100 stacks while other people get pen at 17 stacks

Going to the same world boss for months and not getting a single drop, while someone else who just started playing gets one on their second run.

These are all true stories of my friends who played this game. I’m sure many of you have stories that are probably even worse than this.. but please, If this game is to not fail within the next few years DO SOMETHING about this RNG.

TLDR: we should all go back to playing 2007 RuneScape. It was the bdo of its time

Sayalusa, elynia01, Jeanina and 18 others like this.
  2. Maizekeen

There will be always "someone". I suggest to turn off notifications :)

Pkmdz, Pook600 and Peisinoe like this.
  3. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

RNG is what makes up for lack of long term content in MMOs since 20 years. As sad as it is, if you dislike RNG you'd better avoid playing MMOs alltogether.

Hamsta, LinaCrysta, Pkmdz and 4 others like this.
  4. INFAMOUS9205

Yeah I feel you dude its exhausting but.... its part of the game

Dont take it to heart.... well im also frustrated everybody will fail high tiers accessories/ boss gears

but it what makes it fun a little of thrill is always good!!

5. Hyppocritten

Frustrated and being ok with it, playing a game. Is it me or something is off here?

eitheldin likes this.
  6. Draggun

For me it's the cursed TRI Ogre Ring... Wasted over 4B already, guild mate 1 click his... It's extremely disheartening to put a lot of dedication and try to play the game properly and not be rewarded. I don't know, parts of the RNG makes the game fun, but when it gets to items that you save resources for months and you don't get anything it's really painful. And you get an extra kick in the nut seeing someone else getting it effortlessly makes you want to quit. Well, BDO for me has been only chopping and melting for the last one or two months...

Tvvin likes this.
  7. Skulldemon

That's why singleplayer offline roleplay games are the best. 0 RNG, insane graphic, gripping storyline and tons of possibilities and things to explore too. For example: Skyrim, The Witcher, Dragon's Dogma, Dark Souls... You want to play with your friends? No problem, believe me, chatting with your friends while you play the same singleplayer game can be tons of fun, making a competition out of the whole game who progress the fastest etc. Yeah, those are pure PVE games true, but you want a challenging, fair and balanced PVP game? Why play BDO or in general any MMO out there for PVP? It's unbalanced and unfair in all the cases. As long there is no equalized PVP the nolifers and kids with parents credit card will always be stronger than the rest. The sole reason (for most, not all!) to play PVP in BDO is to stomp new players and "normal" players into the ground with pk and such things. And yeah, this is a fact since the PVP server is nearly empty, the majority wants to pk weaker players and doesn't want an equalized environment where only your personal skill matters. But hey, being superior in an online game probably is the only achievement in the lifes of those said people anyway.

Pkmdz, Navien, Mgp and 3 others like this.
  8. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Lucky people will never acknowledge what OP trying to say. BDO don't support hardworking people who rely on planned progress, no matter how hard you try and how much you do, in the end its always RNG, the "hardway" provided by PA is a sht on hard work peoples as requirements is impossible to reach. PA just don't want long term players as they pay less. They want a hordes of hamsters, who try game, pay for basics (weight/slots/outfits) and then try RNG lottery to progress, but we all know, chances to win in lottery is misery, so those players leave and new come to take their place, and cycle repeat. Its just a business, any game developer want you to pay and leave as soon as possible, but unlike EA/Ubisoft who making few game/year PA only have one.

Mishoo likes this.
  9. RadiantStorm

RadiantStorm Ysvaroux Ranger 62 EU

It's always been like this.

Do you know how frustrating it was to share your loot with 39 other people? With 4+ people who played the same class as you? Sometimes it took months to finally get that one piece of gear in World of Warcraft. Same concept - different approach.

If it isn't a RNG enhancing system, it's going to be abysmal drop rates or incredibly hard to get pieces of gear hidden behind countless hours of reputation grinding and what not. MMO's are like this. Like it or not.

Dudeskio, Pkmdz, Arreyanne and 4 others like this.
  10. Beeso

Envy is fun, isn't it?

11. Shastalya

Shastalya Warell Musa 50 EU

Aaaaaah someone gets it.

Makes the whole bdo world (and other things) turn.

12. woots

Not every mmo are this isane with RNG tho, BDO definitely belong to the worse for that point. ( AND so badly bound to the cash shop )
    And the devs dont seem to be inclined to change that.

#12 woots, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    IRAx_Nyco and eitheldin like this.
  13. PoL

PoL Wizard

Going to wade in here with a couple of observations and (like the rest of you) opinions.

Firstly, let's talk about "fairness" and have a moment here. This is something you will never find in RL so why are you so incensed when it doesn't apply in a game? But PoL you say .. I want to guarantee an outcome when I have put so much work into it !!!

Life does not work that way. A great example is a pop song. So many of the chart #1 have been in the musicsphere earlier but it has not been the right amount of luck or timing and they have not got the recognition.
    A year passes or an event occurs - bamm, up at #1. Remind you of anything?

To the OP, the core concept that your friends have not understood yet is that this game and everything in it , is just a catalyst - a way to relax and MEET PEOPLE. That is how the game should be treated and when it tests you, you either accept the challenge and take the consequences or move on to something else in the game to achieve another goal.

Keeping the thought foremost in your head that this is a game made of pixels (valueless) and that is NOT the most important reason you play.

P.S. Apologies to those I have triggered by upsetting their immersion.

Dudeskio, Pook600 and Amazebals like this.
  14. Zaolee

This wouldn't be problem is gear had less purpouse in pvp.

I don't have any pvp in this game because it's not accessible.

Bless online will have ranked 3v3 arenas. They're improving western version hope it won't be bad because I def will try it out.

T800 likes this.
  15. KikoiK

THIS! You'd think people have not played other MMO's.

How many times do you have to grind these dungeons, run these raids, etc etc.

Hoping for that drop - and when it drops, then the whole "who will get it"? scenario. Some will have been running this dungeon for months with very bad luck, sometimes losing the drop to someone that had never run the dungeon before.

I prefer the BDO system, a million times.

16. Sibyyl

A lot more of this game should resemble the effort/time vs. results that lifeskilling has in BDO (exception: horse breeding).

The new enchant mechanics are a start but they need to revamp grind drops (they have, to an extent with the knowledge changes and craftable yellow accessories) and revamp loot boxes (no positive changes yet).

17. Zaolee

I hope you're not talking about wow because in wow arenas and bgs gear is identical. If you want 2.7k rank you better have skills for it because gear won't carry you.

18. OceanPerson

I think it sucks your friends are quitting but in my opinion RNG makes a game. I am going to give you an example of the removal of RNG or a system where you can choose what you want rather then getting ducked over by RNG.

Current system you go to crescents and you grind every 5 hours you get x1 crescent due to the 40m you make in trash drops + scrolls and what not and sometimes you get lucky and get another crescent.

Now for the RNG free system. You go to crescents get x1 bundle and you choose what you want from that bundle. This means everything that drops at crescents is inside this bundle.

x1 Crescent
    x1 Pri Crescent
    x1 Duo Crescent
    x1 Weapon stone
    x1 Armor stone
    x1 Pure Black Stone
    x1 Scroll
    x1 Soiled Crescent
    x1 Trash drop
    x1 Wooden Trash drop

Since RNG has been removed you get to choose one of these items from crescents because RNG was removed from the game. You may say that this is a stupid answer however that is what and RNG free game would look like.

19. RuleR

Well, take a break, stop doing what frustrates you.
    I've been playing for close to a year now, at first game was fun and stuff, but at some point I got sucked in all this "must get gear, must make silver, must grind a lot, must, must" and yes it's becoming frustrating indeed.
    So, I just stopped doing those thing.
    For like 2 weeks now,I just do quests ( there are a lot of recommended quests now ), explore the world, do some alchemy, try to craft stuff, go to nodewars, do some arenas, basically, I'm just wasting time in game.
    And ... it's fun and refreshing, like going to holidays from work.

Kismet likes this.
  20. BDOMONSTER

Right because doing xyz raid 55 times having the item you want only drop 3 times and you lost all 3 rolls is sooo not RNG. /rollseyes Its always the same dam thing inpatient QQ trying to race to the end and if they get their they ALSO QUIT ANYWAYS because well they are now bored they got everything and nothing to work towards...

Bye friends we really don't care its an mmo thing stop playing MMO's