1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From "Don't know who to main"

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by Nukerinater, Aug 24, 2017.

?

Who to Main - New from "Don't know who to main "

Poll closed Sep 7, 2017.
  1. Witch

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Tamer

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Kunoichi

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Nukerinater

Just wondering again from my other thread about who to main and I brought it down to the few that I think I would like and want to know your opinions again.

Tvvin likes this.
  2. Ihmbreil

IMO, whichever entertains you and you have the most fun playing.

Nukerinater likes this.
  3. ragingphoinix

My main is a kuno. I started out as a sorc, was determined to make that work, and didn't get her past 35. Then I rolled a ranger. They gave her melee awakened and really took the essence of that class. I had tried kuno in KR, loved her fast game play, and have been with her ever since. She's not the top damage dealer. She never will be. But she's the most fun, for me, to play.

Find a class that can do that, and stick with her. It doesn't matter if it's fotm. You can always raise those up for boss alts or whatnot.

Nukerinater likes this.
  4. Nukerinater

Ah just the problem is I feel like When I get who I think I like and want to main then I want to try a different class out and it sort of carries me away

5. Nukerinater

I have a 56 Maehwa, Wizard, Ranger (1st char), and a DK. I have another 3 slots to use for a main/alts. I am interested in magic, dmg, fast paced, fun, and cool. That's why I'm sort of interested in Kuno, Tamer, and Witch. To me wizard is a little boring with the Fire and water but I watched witch awakening and it looked so much better and fun. I don't really care what is best for what aspect but I want to choose something that could be fun for me as my main. I could probably try them all out since I have 3 slots.

6. ragingphoinix

There's nothing wrong with that either. Eventually you'll find your niche. Get those toons to 56. Try out awakening. Then pick a few to get to 58 to get the flows. Nothing wrong with maining multiple classes either.

Nukerinater likes this.
  7. Tvvin

They're are acouple of things totake into consideration before choosing a main.

1. Play-style
    Abasic factor for entertainment and your bdo lifespan. Anyone can tell you to pick a meta class.but you'll reroll adventally if its not fun

2.What areaof this game do you wanna focus on?

PvP

Large group fights
    Nodes and Sieges. The money makers for your guild (and you) . You'll have more value as a witch than kunoichi or tamer because of your hard hitting aoe,heal and buffs.

Of course kunoich and tamer can still peform ok in node and siege war. They shine more in 1v1s and small scales than larg sale by design. Small disclosure. Some biggger guilds may reject you because 1v1 classes don't win wars(as of this meta). Expect to have higher gear expectations if you make it in alarge siege guild.

Small fights /1v1s
    If you wanna focus on smaller scale fightssuch as1v1s / 5v5 Kuno and tamer are much more better. Witch is still viable there. She's just a fundamentally bad solo duelist and requires a ton of awareness

PvE
    out of the three ,witch grinds better which yelleds more money and exp .Kuno is second. Tamer third.

Overall i recommended you try out all your favorites and find out what content is your most preferred : )

Nukerinater likes this.
  8. Nukerinater

Yes that is very true but then I also want to first give all my good stuff then to my one char. The thing maining multiple chars is that u have to have Gear for them all which is the most part that I was struggling about is silver and using it all on mulitples

9. Nukerinater

Okay I probably will get all of them to 56 and use their awakenings and see which one I like the most. My guild atm isn't musch into mode and siege wars. But we like to 1v1 each other to see who can actually dmg. I know that tamer is one of the best 1v1 classes if u know how to play them. But overall I will probably make all three of them. Thanks for the information

Tvvin likes this.
  10. Tvvin

There you go then lol have fun

Nukerinater likes this.
  11. Nukerinater

So I first made a ranger to 56 loved her then got bored of her took about 9d for that.

So I want s to try out another class and made a DK. Loved her a ton and then came her awakening chase forward, bomb , shattering darkness. Repeated so then I tried out a Maehwa.

When I had her for around 7d I got her to 56 and loved it for a day but then I felt like it wasn't me.

So I made a wizard because so many people play witch and wizard I wanted to try him. Loved his magic and awakening but then I felt like there could be something better and I then went back to my Ranger and started to main her since I started to get used to her and using MP pots compared to before.

I probably mained my Ranger 2weeks but then I felt like I missed my DK so then I stripped my Ranger and gave it back to my DK. Loved DK again but now. I'm lost on who I main

I have watched many videos on Tamer. Which she looks amazing and like my playstyle. (My playstyle is magic/ assassin/ DPS but quick ) and that said I kept watching videos to learn more about her that I didn't know. I still am unsure about maining a tamer once and for all or keep maining different chars every week. Same with witch.

Overall, I am unsure of who to main as I usually change mains every week and I want to stick with one or 2 chars

12. ragingphoinix

Tamer is fun for combos, really decent damage and cc regardless of the salt on the forums, but was a lot slower post awakening for me. You might find her different but I couldn't get over it so she's my gatherer now.

Witch, I got to 58 and is a boss alt. She has all boss gear as well but ....it gets super old s+lmb spam. I mean, sure, it's nice to wreck all the things in two skills but...it's also extremely boring game play.

Either way, it's not a bad idea to have multiple alts anyway. You want them for energy dumps and failstacking.

13. Nukerinater

Would u prefer Witch or Wiz and why

14. ragingphoinix

Never played wizard so can't really speak on the awakening aspect other than they're different than witch. Much more offensive than defensive and their awakening ultimate is devastating. Wizard seems to have better clear speed, though it's all relative really. Witch is slightly more ranged and defensive on skills. Much more frontal attack based too. I played witch to 58 though so if that says anything. Actually don't like the mage class in this game as it is far less ranged than the dk even.

But you can never really go wrong with witch, wizard, or dk if you're looking for fotm of the month classes. I guess striker could be added in there due to recent buffs.

15. Nukerinater

What does fotm mean?