1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Frustration over PK

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by Eynix, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Eynix

Hi.

I'm kind of new to the game, one month or two in, a few characters over 50 with my main at 57, currently grinding for TRI gears. And thing is : I have a big issue with other players, farming areas and AFK activities.

It happens that those days I have an hard time playing peacefully. When grinding XP, I got killed very often by random strangers (SPOT TAKEN), when farming my horse XP I got killed very often on the road for no reason, sometimes even when AFK fishing. It's getting old real fast. I'm to the point where I leveled up a reroll for AFK activities so I stop loosing expensive crystals.

Is there a way to avoid such inconveniences ?

2. Quapsel

Getting killed during Grinding is kinda normal. People try to defend their spots. Just check first if a Spot is free before starting to grind.

you can do horse training in citys, then you are safe. Altinova is for example pretty big, you dont need to turn that often there.

during fishing i actually never had Problems with getting PKed. Maybe try to fish at less obvious spots.

3. Shastalya

Shastalya Warell Musa 6 EU

Good luck on your journey adventurer. May Ellion bless you.

4. Eynix

Some do, some don't. Some are just animals attacking anyone in sight close to what they consider as "their monsters". Some days I can't do questing because there's people preventing me for accessing the NPC I need.

5. LogicaI

Hmm maybe it was me,every day i kill atleast 10 on the road to do my civic duty.

OWPVP is part of the game,you can stay below level 50 and not get attacked.
    Join a guild that will defend you?
    Channel swap?
    Stay under 50 ?
    Party? usually your party will defend you.
    There is no peace in a owpvp game....
    You don't lose crystals dying in pvp,assuming you are not red.

So i don't understand any validity in your post.
    You lose nothing dying in pvp.

I am a perma red,i lose things in pvp death,you do not.

Lynching likes this.
  6. Eynix

Well I'm sorry to see you're considering killing AFK players as PvP. It must be hard, props to you.

Regarding the loss of stuff, uh I don't know. I know sometimes I lost things, like for sure. Maybe it's only when I got PK when farming monsters I don't know. To be honnest, I really don't want to test it out, but I suppose people will give me opportunities.

7. LogicaI

I am an equal opportunity Pker my friend. I kill actives,semi actives,grinders,rpers,semi semi afkers,afkers,traders,fishers,arena goers,gatherers,people at bosses it's all the same,people are just like sausans except they make pretty spells come out of their hands before i push their faces into the floor ^_^

8. Slabby

There are plenty of servers where you hardly ever get pk as long as you're courteous to other players, like don't just move into their mobs. If you want the best loops though, you gotta fight for your right to party. Change around a bit until you find one that suits you. And only AFK in town. Would you close your eyes in traffic?

9. Eynix

Clearly we see the game differently. Myself, I don't see the point of killing people in areas 52/54 with a overleveled overgeared character. I just don't see the fun in it.

Thanks man, I'll definetively try some other servers.

#9 Eynix, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  10. Quapsel

Is this happening on NA?
    i don't really see that much owpvp happening on EU.

Killing everything on sight normally only happen on Valencia 6

11. LogicaI

Doesn't matter the area.,Valencia,kamis,mediah,outside your brothers house in calpheon. I am there and ready to tackle that booty.

People play on eu????

12. Kyronami

get stronger so when they walk up and say spot taken you can just pk them and laugh

LogicaI likes this.
  13. LogicaI

I like this one. The force is strong in this one. The will even stronger.
    Step into the dark side of the perma red. I will embrace you with open swords covered in the blood of the innocent.

14. WiztardOfBoz

I often recommend for new players to grind pirates main spot with a party. Except on weekends it's easy to find an open party using the party finder, the exp is good and you got strength in numbers.

15. Quapsel

Atleast EU is 10 times less toxic.

Alexstrasza96, Sarinka and Thysh like this.
  16. Taj

Taj Maehwa 59 EU

You don't lose crystals in PvP unless you are red.. so...'
    And yes avoid it by sticking to safezones and don't grind at Pirates/Sausans.

17. LogicaI

What you call toxic i call competitive spirit! o7

Also i dono about less toxic,pretty sure i just turned off the latest siege on swipers channel after hearing 20 minutes of people argueing "dodge this,dodge that,i regularly hear people call eachother the (F@@@@@@ot) word on eu podcast and coward and etc,Plenty of that to go around in eu siege apparently.

To me it seems people take siege too seriously in EU from listening to the podcast constantly,they act as if it is not a game,but a gentleman's war and how dareeee you backstab or 2v1 rofl. it's quite funny tbh.

During every podcast the siege scene just sounds like lapdogs of Odz and it is the Odz show. =)

18. Spartakatz

you don't lose crystals when somebody kills you. nothing happens to you, go fish in safe zone, there are no problems at all.

19. Foxiiic

Foxiiic DarkKnight NA

OWPvP is already nerfed hard in so many ways it's not enjoyable anymore, unless you wanna go perma red and then you have the white knights trying to kill you on sight and failing, which admittedly is good entertainment but yea.

The only open world pvp you really get it during node/siege wars, where you can kill anyone on sight without having to bother with being perma red.

Getting killed while grinding? Well maybe you ran into a spot someone has been grinding for a while, maybe they want to grind there as well and just push you out because you are killing too slow? Maybe, maybe, maybe... Party up or suck it up. Been there and done exactly that. Now I only really go out and "grind" when someone from the guild says there's pvp happening.

Getting killed whilst afk'ing? Well, errr wat? If you do it right you cannot get killed whilst AFK. Safezones are there for a reason.

But really playing a game that advertises itself with OWPvP and then complain about it, when the "pvp community" suffers from karma griefers (just recently had an incident where someone literally said: "Are you not gonna flag up, when im stealing your mobs?") who made it their only goal to ruin anyone's experience, suffers from loss of enchants, crystals and such when dying once to someone who has PURPOSELY been griefing for possibly hours? Seems pretty carebear heaven already.

Once you are in a competitive gearscore and level area, you'll be happy if others flag up on you, instead of the other way around.

20. LogicaI

I like this person ^

BRING THE BATTLE. THE GREAT MEME WAR MUST START.