1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FYI : FORECHOP hunting IS an EXPLOIT

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Blitzball, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Fesquera

I don't know about any of the claims, but I've been hunting legit (because I'm not an exploiting lowlife) and I can make 20 mil an hour pretty consistently. I see people forechopping next to me, and they kill 8 wolves in the time I kill 1 (artisan 10 matchlock, 5 crit, 5 attack speed, khalk wine and alchemy stone for 5% attack speed bonus). I'm convinced that these guys make at least 5 or 6 times as much as I do, which may not be 300 million an hour per se, but will be at least over 100 million an hour, and that's not even counting the fact that the blood and meat go up in value by a ton once processed.

What it boils down to is that a lvl 0 hunter can be 8 times more efficient as someone who's put in countless hours to grind out the life skill, comes prepared with all the possible buffs that are relevant, and has the best possible matchlock in the game.

yet there's still people going "this is fine". This is not fine, and the level of profit is possibly on par with the shoveling exploit from ages ago, and we all know what happened there. I sincerely hope that every single person abusing this ridiculous mechanic will have their account banned.

Thanks for ruining the one niche life skill I was proud of being high ranked at!

RageAgainst and AlwaysSaltyAF like this.
  2. Dorsch

Im not even looking for whether this is okay or not im looking for proof of the stuff salty is spewing out

RageAgainst likes this.
  3. AlwaysSaltyAF

i already explained it multiple times in this thread you just don't agree with what I said and that's fine. still doesn't change the fact that this is game breaking, unintended, a bug, and an exploit. possibly the biggest exploit ive ever seen in this game tbh.

4. AlwaysSaltyAF

I'm not participating in it at all either. I'm still doing my daily hunting dailies /w only my matchlock for the measly 3-5% hunting exp and rewards but that is about it. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. My precious ranking that I spent months on will mean jack squat if this goes on for another week or two.

Shokora and Fesquera like this.
  5. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

cant resist, but some people were farming and making silver through lifeskilling for ages and then smh also made their efforts trivial.

i agree it (hunting with forechop) should get fixed asap, just to be clear on the matter.

RageAgainst likes this.
  6. Dorsch

Youve explained nothing except for you believe 5% is 1/20 mobs in this game and that you for some reason believe the preorder reflects how much money you are making which is laughable at best

7. ambyentlight

A exploit is a exploit and this one needs to go.

END OF STORY

Maginha, AlwaysSaltyAF and Blitzball like this.
  8. AlwaysSaltyAF

it isnt laughable it is common sense. if something is always bought out and not available in "buy" mode on the marketplace, then the "worth" of that item is w/e it pre-orders for. if hards/sharps pre-order for 10mil each than the "worth" of that item is 10mil.

therefore if you farm 30 sharps/hards in an hour doing this horse featherwolf exploit you're essentially making 300mil an hour not even counting the crafting materials.

here is another example; if an ogre ring is pre-ordering for 200mil everytime and u want ogre rings to smash together are u going to value ogre rings u farming to smash at 200mil each or 95mil each?

here is another example; if stonetail fodder is selling for 5mil each are u going to value stonetail fodder at 500k or 5mil?

here is another example; if fir timber is pre ordering for 3k each are u going to value fir timber at 700silver or 3k each?

here is another example; if meme frags pre order for 3mil each are u going to value meme frags at 750ksilver or 3mil each?

here is another example; if +5 processing clothes is pre ordering for 5bil each are u going to value +5 processing clothes at 56mil or 5bil each?

here is another example; if a +10 balenos rod is pre ordering for 500mil each are u going to value a +10 balenos rod at 40mil or 500mil?

here is another example; if an epheria sailboat is pre ordering for 2bil each are u going to value an epheria sailboat at 200mil or 2bil?

here is another example; if a frigate is pre ordering for 10bil each are u going to value a frigate at 400mil or 10bil each?

here is another example; if a +10 artisan hunting rifle is pre ordering for 1bil each are u going to value it at 40mil or 1bil each?

get it yet? y/n?

Draconnix and Blitzball like this.
  9. Kyouki

Stealing has already been stated as a crime. Forechopping featherwolves has not.

10. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

I'm playing the actual game, where the value of the items is decided for us. Not a hypothetical one that differs from person to person, lol!

11. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

Forechop isn't intended? Are you delusional? LOL! It's the exact same thing.

12. Blitzball

Kakao should do the same treatment to SMH, with their logic.

Cannon boosted ram damage ? They deleted correlation between cannon AP and ram ( a bugfix , Kappa :) ) and they nerfed ram damage on top.

They should do same for hunting : Delete correlation between musket AP and forechop and nerf forechop damage :D

13. AlwaysSaltyAF

Basically you're saying if you own a PEN dande and someone was to ask you what you thought it was worth the way you'd go about determining the value of it would be by moving your mouse cursor over it and checking the max price of it, which is 7.4bil. Unfortunately for you people value pen dande at 20bil+, so even if you have a pre-order of 7.4bil on that PEN dande of yours for 100 years you'll never win one, since you're literally the only player in the game valueing it for so low.

14. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

I'm not basically saying that I am saying that. It is the value of the item. The developers decide that. The players can decide how much they are willing to spend, that doesn't change its value.

15. AlwaysSaltyAF

Lmao ok there bud.

RageAgainst likes this.
  16. LightsOut

Dude stop obsessing about it. The fact that "Mr Salty" here says its 300 mil an hour does not make it true. I've tested it as I'm artisan hunter, was able to clear the whole spot on respawn and still made less than 40 mil per hour (with the weekend buff for hards and sharps). You get max 5 hards and 5 sharps on a good lucky hour. The dude in the vid from vertex has been grinding there for days to get those mats.

Tbh 40 mil an hour in enhancing materials, bloods and meat doesn't look like an exploit to me, and is actually good for the game. Hunters will have something to do which is LESS profitable than normal grinding, but still fun for them. And it provides some enhancing materials to the market.

Athavar and Graviera like this.
  17. Dorsch

Okay salty, im sure this is too hard of a concept for you to understand.. but when someone preorders your item for 500b.. you dont get 500b... so... therefore.. you do not make 500b... so therefore your profit is not 500b

and once again.. the preorders are so ****ed.. wait for it... because of the liquid silver SMH generated.. not the silver people are making from making feed and blood. lmfao get real

RageAgainst likes this.
  18. AlwaysSaltyAF

We haven't had an event for ancient weapon cores, witch earrings, etc in a few months. This is what happens when that happens.

19. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

We stopped having witch earrings a long time ago as the majority of players leveled out of the area. The rest of the items we had a healthy amount of on the market prior to smh popularity rising.

20. Kyouki

Thats not true.