1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FYI : FORECHOP hunting IS an EXPLOIT

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Blitzball, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

90% of witch earning on market were from boxes and night vendor event, no one with right mind will waste their life on hexe spot to get 1 earning per 3/6/12/24 hours.

Kyouki, Blitzball and RageAgainst like this.
  2. KeiirValk

Except you have to continually contest/defend over-populated spots against top/high geared players in drieghan especially at release which could either potentially ruin your profit for the day or you could get lucky and not have a mini guild battle over a spot trying to get the new BiS gear / silver/hour.

This is the massive difference between SMH and drieghan content. Little investment for massive gains over literally every other method of income aside from afk fishing/processing which is massively laughable compared to either.

But since the game is dying rapidly anyway, you might not have to worry about fighting against other people since you might be one of the few hundred people left in the game since everybody will have quit or perma afk for gains.

3. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

"little investment" my ass. Just farming blue gear for ship takes forever if someone does not have fish costume.

4. GabeCake

nobody cares. It's not enough money to be an issue. You can make more grinding, so exploit or not, nobody will give a ****.

Smileybones likes this.
  5. AlwaysSaltyAF

No, you make more money doing this than grinding. No point grinding when you can just exploit the kama featherwolves with your horse. Might as well delete the matchlocks from the game and just have horse forechop/hindkick do insane damage to wild mobs.

Let the horses mount your epherias so u can hindkick/forechop the blue whales and kill them in under a minute solo.
    Cut off khalks wings so you can just ride your mount over and forechop/hindkick him and kill him in under a minute solo.
    Oh and don't forget to allow horses in savage rift so they can run around forechopping/hindkicking all the mobs and clearing the dungeon solo with that insane damage.

Delete those pesky matchlocks that no 1 has a use for other than equipping to exploit horse skill damage.

Every1 was quite concerned with sea monsters, but here is an actually exploit and because it gives sharps/hards it is ok ya? Might as well delete sniper mode to buff hunting. Horse skill exploit all we need 'round here.

Draconnix likes this.
  6. AlwaysSaltyAF

Instead of nerfing the fore chopping/hind kicking through hunting on the horses. We just adapt the game around it.

Here is how.

Gathering is kinda boring and not very profitable in comparison to most other activities in the game atm.

How can we make it better?

Here is how.

For ore; Make it so horse's charge skill can charge those huge rock piles at pilgrims haven and have the horse auto loot all the loot from them.

For timber; Have the Sprint skill do damage and if buffed enough with horse armor like blue armor and ++'d have it be enough damage to "peel" the bark off the trees into timber/log.

For meat/blood/tanning; Have the hind kick/fore chop skill damage and auto gather the meat/blood/tanning.

For river water; Make it so the horse has an option to drink water and the spit from the horse's mouth turns the river water into purified water.

For fish drying; You can use forechop/hindkick for this as well.

If the above ideas were implemented into the game we wouldn't need manos stones/manos outfits for gathering anymore as gathering would be up to par with other methods in the game. You won't need magic tools anymore. All you will need is a really good horse gear set and t8/t9 horse to rake in the big bucks. This will also buff the horse gear market and horse training as more people will focus on getting t8/t9s in decked out blue gear.

Remember almost no one has a use for a pegasus and people only want unicorns cuz they can use skills in the desert. This will make them useful and desirable!

What do you guys think? Is this a good idea?

HayamaLinnus, mintea and Blitzball like this.
  7. Blitzball

LMFAO xD

8. Styla

Are you tired of forum exploiters? Permadec Hardcore guild NA today!

9. Kalipso

Today, many BDO sailors in Russia went to a rally on the wharf of Velia. This is our protest action !! We are against updating the mechanics of ships. We demand that the contents of Lagri and the strength of our boats be returned, as before! Support us on your server!
    https://imgur.com/a/wx8qPTv
    https://imgur.com/a/mRkyfX1

Draconnix likes this.
  10. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

They haven't labeled this as an exploit and probably won't, just like sea monster hunting. Everyone (should) knows it's wrong

I didn't read your suggestion because honestly, even if it's a good one, they won't listen. There were several good ideas going around about sea monster hunting and did they listen to any of them? Nope.

11. AlwaysSaltyAF

Soon as they say it is ok to do it I'm going over there and farming those feather wolves 12 hours a day. Hopefully they answer it soon. I'm bored and content starved. I'll literally be ok with doing anything new even if it is incredibly dull and autistic.

12. Graviera

At last, someone describing reality. Fore chopping the 2 and a half groups of feather wolves on the whole map, will give ~20-30 mil/hour on weekday, ~30-40 mil/per hour on weekend. Furthermore this is an activity that only a set number of players can do, only ONE player per channel. SMH was (and still is btw) able to host unlimited number of players, desert digging too. Speed hacking also does not apply to feather wolves because the only 2 and a half groups of mobs simply do not respawn fast enough. Also they lose aggro over short distance.

In any case there are a lot of other activities that will make you more money.

For the people worrying about hunting exp, well, I 've been doing any available hunting dailies for years and I am just Artisan8. And since fore chopping has never been officially described as an exploit, well, why not start using it? Send a ticket to ask if you are allowed to. I did. I straight up asked if it is considered an intended mechanic or not. They didn't tell me not to use it, they didn't tell me it is an exploit. They replied with the copypasta text when asking for exploits/bugs. I got the exact same response for reporting the stuck transport ship from Altinova to Ancando.

So, why not follow the existing rules, and use it, since according to support there is nothing wrong with it, at least not yet. I am pretty sure that if someone asked for the digging exploit or the speed hacking would not get the same generic response. And tbh I am getting kind of tired avoiding using anorthodox methods that other players casually use for months, earning for themselves a huge advantage while I am letting myself be left behind for using logic. No more logic on the matter. It is whatever the official position on the matter is, and it has been reported multiple times.

Since lots of us directly asked support, and there is no CM response in this thread. I mean, what else can you do? Beg them to give as a simple answer on a mechanic that exists since the beginning of the game?

13. LightsOut

It is not player's responsibility to determine what is a bug and what not. There is literally no way for us to know if using a horse skill was intended or not. Util we get an official response that this is not allowed, in my opinion it is okay to use it.

Btw. we got the same response when people asked them if stacking crates on your horse is an exploit. It took them 8 months to tell us that it os okay to use. Did people stop trading in the meanwhile? Hell no.

Kyouki likes this.
  14. stoneyeyes

OOKAY, you guys are low-balling the crap out of forechop hunting.

The mats + hards/sharps value at 25m/30m per hour with a SINGLE group of featherwolves( i know i was matchlock hunting them for a week, and took screenshots for each hour).

The mats+hards/sharps value for weekend doing 2.5 groups on respawn is 2.5x30m/hour on weekends. Yes, this is a 75m/hour activity. It's kinda bad cause makes hards/sharps too easy, but at least it isnt injecting the market with pure silver.

75m/hour is the true accurate VALUE of this forechop hunting. 40m is a straight lie, anything over 100m is another lie(unless they know something i dont, always possible)

15. LightsOut

I made a 3 hour test yesterday at artisan level. Yes you are right the value of the items you get (valuing meat and bloods at ~7k) is around 70-80 mil per hour, but.. that is without considering the time necessary to turn the blood / meat into silver.

For 3 hours I got around ~15 000 meat and ~6000 bloods. Estimated time to cook/alchemy all of this is around 2 extra hours.

A realistic calculation of the income per hour would take those extra 2 hours of cooking/alchemy into account and then your profits get to around ~40 mil mark.

This is actually the reason why I won't be doing it myself, as I have better ways to make silver. I'd only do it if I needed the hunting exp.

Bottom line: the silver you can earn with it is good but not insane. Nobody is getting past softcap because of doing this. The sharps / hards and meals people will cook with those meat will help the marketplace and benefit everyone. It is a good thing that helps (even though very little) to supply the market with hards and sharps. It should stay in the game and should be expanded upon in the future.

At the end, its just pissed off sea monster hunters witch hunting every other method of making silver in the game.

#255 LightsOut, Aug 26, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    Styla likes this.
  16. GabeCake

I have so many friends doing it with a+ hunting, nodes, full setups and their barely making 40mill/hr on a GOOD hour. You all are blowing it out of proportion. It's decent money, provides the market with usable mats and isn't pure silver. It's a win.

With that said, if its not actually intentional then sure, they should nerf it. The gripe i have is with people saying it's 60+ mill an hour. It's just not. You might get a lucky hour here and there, but the average is about 40. Fear mongering at its finest. Sea monsters trumped this 5x at the low end, 7-10x at the top end on good hours and that's pure silver. For an exploit (if it is one), this one actually helps the market, not hurt it.

Smileybones likes this.
  17. LightsOut

Everyone saying it is 60+ mil per hour, is just valuing meat and bloods at like 6-10k each instead of the base value of 2k. Which would be fine to do, but in order to value those at 6-10k each, you should include the time it takes to cook/alchemy those and thats another 40 min for every 1 hour of fore chopping.

GabeCake and Styla like this.
  18. Fesquera

Am I the only person here who doesn't give a rats ass about the silver gains and is just sad to see the hunting medal that I spend two years straight on grinding out disappear in days because of some exploit?

It's ****ing heartbreaking to see all my effort get demolished in a couple of days. I was one of the few people putting in numerous hours a week when hunting in the balenos mountains, or crocodiles in lake kaia was your only option. Now all of that is ****ing ruined.

19. LightsOut

I agree, the hunting exp is too much and should probably be nerfed. I got to artisan 2 myself doing quests and sailing the balenos islands. But in general they are making the exp easier. If you did it back in the day of crocodile hunting you already had it much more difficult than I had it with balenos island quests, and now with this its even easier.

Athavar and Fesquera like this.
  20. stoneyeyes

Yeah... thats something i don't know how kakao is going to fix. Exploits are devaluing everyones time spent doing activities the way the game was designed.

Athavar and Fesquera like this.