1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FYI : FORECHOP hunting IS an EXPLOIT

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Blitzball, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Irvashi

Said the guy who started all this cancer with sea monster hunting by showing everyone how to exploit them

notcleptic, Styla and ambyentlight like this.
  2. fenzz

This entire conversation is dumb.

Exploits should be fixed. i think we all agree on that.

But, as i stated in an earlier thread. this perticular exploit. like some that came before it. actually help the economy with providing the marketplace of much needed supply where there is none. which im very glad for.

on the other hand. retarded **** like SMH does everything to destroy what ever is left of this game's crap economy that is based only on events and this once in a few month exploit that will probably be fixed in 1 or 2 weeks.

so i'd say. keep it going while we still can. before they fix it. we will only profit from it.

3. Graviera

I got no problem to accept your numbers since your sample size is much greater than mine and I didn't do it on a weekend, I extrapolated from a weekday. At least you actually have a sample unlike the 300 mil/hour claims. In the end I could be unlucky or even bad at it, doesn't really matter much. And I got zero problem if they nerf it.

My problem is due to official non-response on the matter, some players take advantage while others don't, because as logical human beings they see something completely out of proportion with any other form of hunting, therefore most probably unintended. It is the same with everything in this game. Join and take advantage with no consequences, or wait for months for a response for no reason. it is like they are trying to promote taking advantage of everything non intended. That's all.

Isteria likes this.
  4. 6footgeeks

Simple solution put in a hunting shotgun, now you can kill 16 hunting mobs legitimitely

5. Styla

I’d prefer a SCAR over a shotty. Or a flamethrower which will cook the meat at the same time.

6. AlwaysSaltyAF

I sent in a pretty detailed ticket with multiple different videos, pics, and explanations. I actually got a senior GM response from it and they said something along the lines of "We have our team looking into this." Made me feel a bit better knowing a Senior GM was looking into it.

I won't be copy pasting their message as I don't feel that is correct to do, much like I don't copy paste people's private discord PMs and emails, but yea they are aware of it. When they get around to fixing it and/or talking with PA about it is a different matter.

For now I'm trying to forget my hunting ranking is getting demolished, so I'm afk processing while picking up the pieces of my guild due to the seamonster hunting nerf completely screwing over my PvE super large payout guild strategy.

Reigne Irkalla likes this.
  7. HayamaLinnus

For our guild, the damage has been done.
    A large portion of the guild is now playing monster hunter world and basically afk processing. Some have not even bothered to stay online anymore to even do the bare minimum afk time.

The hunters in the guild are also pretty much ready to quit the game.

Now the remaining active people are simply miffed over BDO going full P2W. Even the players who have been white-knighting BDO have been silent or are now critical of how kakao and PA are managing their game.

Even the people who have been excited about dreigan are now inactive, and their hype has evaporated.

The BIG question is...
    Who is still excited about this game??

8. HayamaLinnus

Lets keep it at least somewhat lorefriendly :)

Crank gatling!
    [​IMG]

Styla likes this.
  9. GabeCake

A senior gm is just a title. It's like being tier 2 in a call center. It's an extra 2 bucks an hour doing the same job with more responsibilities. The only reason it would've gone to them is because it was escalated to them, most likely because your email was so well detailed that they couldn't ignore it.

Don't expect much unless that gets forwarded to somebody with some actual power because GMs and CMs are customer service reps, unless they have a dev or management title, their power is limited to internal policy - and by management i mean project or lead, not a cm..

#269 GabeCake, Aug 26, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  10. HayamaLinnus

[​IMG]

11. kogason

Me, good luck in WoW!

12. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

They're using it in the sense of actual exploitation. Like how we exploit workers in game - I mean, we pay them very little, and in beer, encouraging alcoholism and all that jazz. And how we find the most efficient ways to kill in a grind spot - which route to take, what skill rotation to use - that too, is technically an exploit.

My guild is full of addicts, so...…………. >.>

We are here...…… who knows, maybe the player base drop off will end with us owning a region~

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnywho

They really should buff cannons. Ramming shouldn't have ever scaled off of it in the first place. Same with how Forechop and Hindkick shouldn't have ever scaled off of Matchlock AP - if it was ever supposed to be used on hunting mobs in the first place.

It's ridiculous that the playerbase keeps getting punished for the DEVELOPER'S mistakes.

#272 Reigne Irkalla, Aug 26, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2018
    HayamaLinnus likes this.
  13. clort

This is the real problem right here....

Absolutely f******** shocking kaoko/PA or whoever's responsible

Pathetic and the worst of it is it'll never be put right

#273 clort, Aug 27, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    Fesquera and HayamaLinnus like this.
  14. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

it is amazing to see how many stuffed featherwolf and phnyl heads there are on the marketplace all of the sudden LOL :D

15. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Khalk has been soloable since its release. FYI it takes about an hour with +10 artisan muskets.

16. LightsOut

Khalk has recently gotten an increase in amount of drops, so people are more inclined to do it. Nothing to do with feather wolves.

17. Escapism

A Bug is not just a piece of software code that contains syntax errors or can cause freezes, crashes or other fatal errors. It can also just be a piece of code that causes certain things to work in unintended ways or when they shouldnt work. Same as bugs that cause certain things to not work when they should. Its the same thing just except that one of these cases can be beneficial for the user, while the others are usually only hindering.

A bug can even be something simple like a decimal in any number being off by several digits because someone made an error editing a few values. Because this number could results in highly unexpected and unintended outcomes in other places. Even something like a design flaw or oversight that causes unexpected or unintended results, is sometimes referred to as a software requirement bug. Even if there are no errors in the code and it has been implemented as told and is working exactly according to specifications.

Exploiting anything always requires a "bug" (or multiple bugs). Cheating or hacking is when its only possible through external manipulations with third-party programs, manipulating game files, or f.e. altering your system time in cases where this effects certain mechanics ingame.

18. AlwaysSaltyAF

If I'm understanding what is happening correctly.. the forechop/hindkick skill is taking the "+ Hunting Damage" of the matchlock and adding that to it's skill damage if you have it equipped and are riding the horse. The artisan match at +10 is adding +4050% damage, or a flat 4050 dmg, to the horse skills. That is what is happening here? Ya?

If that is what is happening.. I wonder if your character's total AP is also added to the horses' skill damage.

Also, if that is what is happening that sounds completely unintended. If it was intended a developer would've mentioned it in a patch notes somewhere, but who knows maybe they did. Anyone got a patch notes of a developer telling us that matchlock damage will be added to horse damage if you ride a horse with it equipped?

19. Maginha

Wow, how views can change... this exploit is fine since it brings YOU material on mp??? Thats just.... idk... weird af...

Hunter money does not inflate prices?

Getting 100x faster to art hunting is ok?

You bunch of hipsters... xD

Ok mister blue whale and mr vell , coming with my fisherboat on a horseback, prepare yourself...

20. Wargasm71

You mean like the cannons on your Epheria adding 3 x the damage to your Ram, I missed that as well in the patch notes or a Dev saying it was OK, or the Trina musket doing insane damage to sea monster.

I just find it hilarious that the person shouting on every post on these forums that ramming and trina muskets are working as intended, has chosen to believe that this is some huge exploit, whats up kid you rolled forechop of your T8 didn't you.

Its plain to anybody that these and fore chopping are not working as intended unless it fits there own personal agenda to believe it is, the real problem is the total lack of communication from Kakao to the NA/EU players to make a statement on any of these issue, not some CM answering a ticket with a copy paste we are discussing it with the developers.