1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FYI : FORECHOP hunting IS an EXPLOIT

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Blitzball, Aug 22, 2018.

1. AlwaysSaltyAF

We didn't know about the epheria/trina **** until kakao/pa said it wasn't intended. I still stick by the logic that the 1000+ sea monsters on every channel do need an efficient way to be killed, if not than it is bad game design.

Also, I don't understand why you'd find any of this hilarious. This is just the stuff that has been brought to public knowledge and this stuff is so game changing that people are adjusting their entire day to day playstyles around them, and after they buy the pearls/make the proper item/lvl this or that it gets nerfed. The people who have been reaping the rewards of it for 5-6+ months get to keep all the **** they made and all the people just literally getting into it get to enjoy it for like 1 week before nerf.

Nothing funny about any of it. In fact it makes me not even want to play.

Me and my guild got to seamen hunt for 1/2 a week before it got nerfed.

Want to know what you need to seamen hunt?

Every1 on this spreadsheet made/turned in 50 shakatu seals/pre-ordered/bidded to get their epherias.
    After that they went and bought weight items for the characters they sailed on via pearl shop and loyalty.
    After that they went and spent 3-4 hours a day leveling their sailing to skilled 1.
    After that they bought diving suits to go dive for the blue gear for their boats.
    After that they spent around 1bil of meme frags, conc stones, and 100+ artisans to +7 it all.
    After that they spent 4 hours doing a quest for a boatman for their boat.
    After that they spent 25,000 energy getting sgrade on all the sea monsters.
    After that they helped farm/process stuff for the guild galleys.
    After that they bought pearls for tears of wind to rez their boats incase they die in the middle of the ocean.
    After they were all set up they farmed 3-16hours a day.
    Got to do it 4 days before the nerf.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I got to use the trina matchlock for less than a week too before it got nerfed.

What do you need for the horse exploit?
    A horse with forechop (50% chance to get this skill on a horse when leveling up)
    A +10 matchlock. It costs like 40-100mil to make, or is free if you got the mats to craft the matchlocks and weapon stones saved up.
    Some mediocre green horse gear.
    The end.

For incomes that are almost the same in worth the ease to get into on or the other is drastic. On top of that sailing takes forever to learn and before this horse exploit hunting took forever to learn as well.

Between the two the hunting exploit is the most ridiculous and damaging as it takes practically nothing to get into it and it fks over every1 on the hunting ranking.

People been doing all of this **** for 5-6 months too. Soon as every1 else gets into it it gets nerfed. That is what I don't like.

Anyways, sooner this newest unintended exploit gets nerfed the better. Tired of getting into a new game mode and having it get destroyed.
    Still saving up t1 mats cuz processing will get **** on soon as drieghan hits. Only been waiting on that for half a year.
    Only been waiting to grind mobs <Hardcore> style for half a year cuz who wants to grind mobs <Hardcore> when they aren't dropped caphras stones?

This game.

Hands down the buggiest/dumbest fken mmorpg I've ever played/seen in 20+ years of mmo gaming.

#281 AlwaysSaltyAF, Aug 27, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    Reigne Irkalla and HayamaLinnus like this.
  2. Escapism

How this isnt EXACTLY THE SAME as seamonster hunting was with instant boat turns and instant ramming & cancel and bugged way too high dmg? You stated several times how you built your entire guild based and focused on nothing else but seamonster hunting, "changing your entire day to day playstyle" around a broken mechanic & exploits.

You are absolutely right to be infuriated about heavy exploiters who have been exploiting for months and get away completely unpunished. Doesnt feel in any way funny, fair, or good for the health of the game.

Though what im still wondering is which part exactly do you not like about that: The fact that some players have been exploit something for months, making ridiculous amounts of silver ruining the economy and large parts of the competitive aspect of the game. Or that those exploits eventually get fixed or balanced?

Would you actually rather prefer EVERYONE just always only exploiting the newest broken mechanics and exploits never getting fixed or punished? Instead of playing a game where exploiting isnt allowed and gets dealt with, and various intended gameplay mechanics and activities are actually engaging and rewarding so everyone can play the way he wants in a supposed sandbox-game?

Wargasm71 and ambyentlight like this.
  3. Von_Chicanery

lol.. its seems the river of QQ from Sea Monster hunting has been diverted. RIP Hunting.
    WTG!, we'll all be back to grinding Sausans for silver after all the QQ from ANYONE about ANY income more than theirs... its really fun to watch this toxic player base tear itself apart in the noble effort of selfishness..

4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

mhm.

well, one might argue it took them longer to patch it coz they were waiting for people to spend pearls first.

also, wasnt that pearl ress thing used on purpose after u died (also on purpose) so u get fully tanked ship back?

so basically your problem is that it takes less investment to abuse this horse thingy? so now you can feel how people with really good gear felt when they saw how people buttraping monsters get so much money. due to broken mechanics.

5. TwilightAngel

Did you miss the part where the author of the post stated the company waiting for Pearl Abyss to sent a fix over ..... @ing GM/ CMs won't make a fix happen right away lol

6. LightsOut

I wish he would see how accurate of a statement this is, but I doubt it. That was exactly my argument when SMH made 300 mil an hour compared to 60 mil an hour hystria grind.

Back then he said I quote "making a ship is difficult, takes weeks." He later admitted it is not as difficult as getting gear for a hystria grind, but it was a way for noobs to catch up.

Well, noobs can now catch up killing wolves with little investment. Your argument in your face @AlwaysSaltyAF

7. AngryBvr

AngryBvr Mujava Maehwa 62 EU

Has anyone here even tried hunting wolves with forechop?
    Most seem so clueless.

Im amazed how much this gets attention.
    gains are far from 60m/hr. Really!

Ive seen some rng vids from global test lab and some rng occassions when some1 got a sharp crystal.

As guru gatherer i make better money butchering sheep and less effort :/

8. Von_Chicanery

No one cares to try it, which is the sad thing. As long as 1 person, posts a video about how "They did X and made Y".... then clearly everyone can do the same, thus something is broken. It happened with Sea Monsters, its gonna happen with Hunting, and will continue to happen to any money making activity that surpasses some A-hole's Softcap grind averages at Hysteria, because "they've earned the right to make more than everyone else" because they showed up first...

9. AlwaysSaltyAF

I have two +10 matchlocks, a +10 green gear'ed t8 courser with hind kick, and it wouldn't be hard to try it. I can tell how much it'll be given the kill speed. I spent like 100 hours hunting olvia/valencia/kamasylvia hunting mobs just using a matchlock (no horse) and was netting 20-45mil each time cuz my high eco, kama buff, magic tools, etc, and that is calculating @ pre-order prices.

At that killspeed people should be netting 100-300mil per hour if u calculate at pre-order prices. Therefore the activity is game breaking. Before any1 gets in here and says "but but but seamonsters was more game breaking" do remember that if you farmed seamonsters 100hours a week in top seamen hunting guilds and brought in 10bil you still would only receive a 2.5bil payout or so. I've seen all their spreadsheets. Therefore making it actually 25mil an hour if you did it 100hours a week.

If you farm these featherwolves for 100 hours a week you'll have netted 10-30bil @ 100mil-300mil an hour of enhancing mats calculating at pre-order prices.

Also, @Angry, sure you may not make much, and there was even a lot of people with epheria sailboats/frigates with +6-7 gear who still couldn't even properly farm the noob sea monsters. Just because you haven't figured out how to make a lot from it doesn't mean the more competent people out there aren't making exactly what was stated.

And no "it is for the economyyyyyyyy thoo and good for marketplaceeeeee", no one is selling these hunting mats. No one does that, and no one sells lamb meat they butcher at goat mount, or rough stones they mine at pilgrims, or log they chop at trent, and no 1 sells the hards/sharps obtained from there as well.

#289 AlwaysSaltyAF, Aug 27, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  10. HayamaLinnus

A lot of people grinding at hystria are way past softcap 270+ AP and has always consistently made a lot more personal silver compared to smh pre nerf.

Forechop hunting... you don't even need a high level gun to start. I only have a +7 apprentice gun and it only takes a few hits when I tested it out the other day. In one small mob of feather wolves I went from app5 40% all the way to 80%.... And a lot more meat than the same number of kills in goat mountain with bonus bloods.

To be fair... people do sell meat, logs, rough stones, weeds, milk, hards and sharps. They have some level of mental deficits but it does happen. Same thing with people selling traces on the MP... Or T2 mats for crates at min price. I think these selfish players just want to prey on other people's ignorance/laziness and just play snipe the MP for cheap mats all day. These are the same kind of people that would put up guide videos on how to get these mats and sell on MP for quick money.

Von_Chicanery likes this.
  11. LightsOut

So you used to make 2 bil per day (what regular players can pull in 2 weeks) and now you're crying because you can only make 1 bil per day? Get out of here. WTF.

Pretzels1078 likes this.
  12. LightsOut

If I calculated my profits in pre-order prices, I'd be crafting sailboats all day long as they sell for anywhere between 4-9 bil preorder. Best money in the game according to your logic.

13. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

maybe people dont wanna "try out" the exploits. ever thought of that? some people actually feel that cheating ruins their gaming experience.

14. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

Did you even read for how long it took them to get their boats squared away?

Also, seriously **** people who have come in to hunting only because of horses.

They don't even have to enhance their matchlock to do big damage - a basic beginner matchlock workers fine. And they only need one! Meanwhile I have my nice collection of pew pew sticks.

REAL ANSWER

@AngryBvr

Real wolves will knock you off your horse. Heck, even gazelles will knock you off your horse. And raccoons and weasels.

Every hunting mob in game, other than featherwolves and phnyls, which are a NEW mob, as in NEW to BOTH KOREA and NA/EU, will knock you off your horse.

Therefore, the lack of CC capabilities from those mobs are clearly an oversight.

The other mobs aren't, go wild. They don't group up nicely tho. That's the difference. Featherwolves will swarm you and wanna defend their friendos, awooooo~~. The other mobs will shrug at their compatriots and go about their day.

Graviera likes this.
  15. Von_Chicanery

I want to know what sorry *(&$(&#^@!* has 14 hours a day to grind featherwolves.. hahaha

16. Squill

one correction to a point you made. If you challenge the Phnyl in a group to a 1v1 the rest back off until you kill it! a fact not well know by those who are taking advantage of this exploit XD

Attached Files:

17. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

No... correction necessary?

When I mentioned that Featherwolves swarmed, did you believe I was including Phnyls with that swarm? While they are technically a featherwolf, as "phnyl" translates from the Ganelle's language to mean "leader", the game doesn't refer to them as "phnyl featherwolf" or "featherwolf phnyl", but rather simply "phnyl".

Nice try trying to make me look like an exploiter btw, since you phrased it as making a correction then immediately segue on to a comment about something an exploiter would not know.

Also pretty ballsy of you to post a screenshot of yourself hunting from horseback. Gotta watch out for this forums' denizens - they're apt to declaring any and all who aren't casuals like them an "exploiter" - and you, my friend, with those shiny icons, are certainly not like them.

18. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

Technically I do but a neck injury keeps me from actively playing

I'm sorry you feel so negatively towards those of us who can't get a traditional job yet at the same time aren't a burden on society :3

19. Shokora

J'ai atteint il y a quelques jours le niveau Maître 1 en chasse, seulement via les quêtes quotidiennes et des séances de farm, uniquement au fusil, et avec beaucoup de patience.
    Cet exploit me dégoûte. Les mobs "sauvages" ne sont pas censés être tués autrement qu'avec un mousquet. Cela permet aux "joueurs" (qui du coup ne méritent pas cette appellation) ne s'étant jamais (ou peu) investi en chasse de monter leur compétence sans effort.
    La chasse est une compétence qui ne se monte pas facilement, et cet exploit vient tout foutre en l'air.
    Ça fait plusieurs jours maintenant que quand je vais faire mes quêtes quotidiennes à Kama, il y a toujours quelqu'un à cheval au spot des loups à plumes, qui tue des packs de loups à vitesse record, sans effort, à cause de cet exploit... J'ai beau changer de serveur, encore quelqu'un. Ça dégoûte vraiment. Il est temps de corriger ça, et rapidement.

Translation :
    I've reached the level Master 1 in hunting a few days ago, only through daily quests and farming sessions, only with a musket, and with a lot of patience.
    This exploit makes me sick. "Wild" mobs are supposed to be killed with a musket. This allows "players" (who do not deserve to be called that way) who have never (or little) invested in hunting to master their skill effortlessly.
    Hunting is a difficult skill to build and this exploit is ruining the game.
    It's been several days now that when I go to do my daily hunting quests in Kama, there is always someone on the feathered wolves, who kills packs of wolves incredibly fast, effortlessly, because of this exploit... Switching server is useless, still someone. It's really disgusting. It is time to correct this quickly.

ambyentlight likes this.
  20. Hyrul

It's fixed now but the ranking is ****ed........