1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FYI : FORECHOP hunting IS an EXPLOIT

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Blitzball, Aug 22, 2018.

1. LightsOut

TBH there isn't much more they can do. Its not players responsibility to decide which skill is too strong and which one is not. Or if fore chopping is an exploit or not. Someone found out how to do it and they did. Just like when people shot sea monsters with matchlocks.

Until we get an official statement from the GM that this is indeed considered an exploit, they will keep doing it.

2. LikesItRuff

You can not sprint or use any skills while wearing a musket on a horse besides forechop and hind kick leading a reasonabe conclusion it was intended to work with the horses attack skills

Reigne Irkalla and Gabrant like this.
  3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

Your logic is impeccable sir. For kindergarden, that is.

4. LikesItRuff

If you say so kid

5. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

That reply fits so well under the category "as if he wanted to prove my point further" :D

RageAgainst and Hoebbit like this.
  6. LikesItRuff

You resort to insulting because you didn't like what i said which is what a child does. I won't start an argument with you i made my opinion if you don't like it move on.

7. Hoebbit

Hoebbit Valkyrie 62 EU

Look at you sweetie, trying to have the last word. Aww

8. Dorsch

What happened to you Salty? You used to be a pretty cool dude and ever since SMH nerf all I see is you witch hunting people for doing the almost the same thing. Forechopping hunting targets has been posted about for over a year and the whole only working on featherwolves that you said isnt true at all. Works on all targets, just have to avoid their hits because of the horse stagger mechanic but its still doable. Im also unsure what matchlock you use to shoot them because my artisan 3 to 4 shots them. Unless youre purposely exaggerating to make it look worse than it is. People were upset about SMH because you have players at the highest levels of the game struggling to make what someone who played for 2 months and rushed a boat could do in weeks. You have streamers like MorrolanTV(partner) showing featherwolf forechopping. If a ban without any qarning would come I'd be very surprised. They have been made aware of this issue, announced nothing about their stance on the issue, I myself have multiple tickets asking if things are bannable and they simply tell me a copy pasta response that this is something they want the population to figure out and to use google. Nobody is getting banned and since MorrolanTV streamed it, if there is a ban and he doesnt get banned.. There will be a massive uproar from the community.

LikesItRuff and crawlord like this.
  9. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

i went to rough stone farm today and got 2 sharp 5 hards.( ate fig pie balenos and life spirit stone @master gathering . I average 3 sharps or hards. A good day for me .
    When i have 1000/1000 ill look up to see the latest mechanic that is being targeted.
    I could care less for the meta i guess.
    tootles.

10. Dorsch

Not to mention i recieved almost that same exact response in english as op when asking if purposely removing your gear to increase karma loss of someone when they kill you is abannable offense... Over 8 months ago... Did they ever announce anything? No..

11. Reigne Irkalla

He sees people who wanted SMH nerfed participating in forechopping featherwolves, so, that's what happened.

Also as that mob isn't knocking us off our horses, which they are supposed to do, it is an exploit and does deserve a mob.

SMH, on the other hand, except for hackers, wasn't an exploit.

Burn, baby, burn.

12. ambyentlight

Bans for exploiters/botters/hackers when? they also need to ban the sea monter hunters that were hacking like the one posting on this very thread mr salty who in many of his vids contined exploits and yet for some reason hes untouched when he should have been the first to go of many, like with many of these streamers that were doing it to but sadly kakao don't care.

So basicly if you find a exploit use it and keep quiet about it, eventually someone will notice and cry ban when instead they will simply make it so its nolonger possible to use that function while the exploiter gets off free and keeps all the ill gains.

Hoebbit likes this.
  13. Dorsch

But not to play dumb, who are we to say what the devs intended and what they didnt? This has been brought to their attention and they have made no statement. They could easily hot patched and taken 20 mobs out of the game. They couldve made an announcement but they havent. They couldve implemented them thinking they would do more damage than they do to horses thinking the whole pack aspwct of them would act differently than it does.

Maybe instead of being on a witch hunt to ban people we should all push for bdo to act like they give 2 shits and stop taking a month to decide whether or not stuff is okay or needs to be nerfed. They sure as hell have no problem coming to their own conclusions in a timely manner when it is in regards to their pearl shop

Reigne Irkalla likes this.
  14. Nevelina

might as well delete the matchlock from the game if you think it is ok. just use your horse to hunt hunting mobs with. 300mil+ a hour of enhancing/crafting mats calculated at pre-order prices.

not so nice when the shoe is on the other foot @ witch hunting.

15. Dorsch

The statements and claims that you and salty make are exxagerated to the point that it makes me believe you arent actually sure what it even consists of. Deleting the matchlock to use your horse to forechop wouldnt work because forechop relies on your matchlock to do damage. No matchlock no hunting damage... And these preorders that you keep mentioning are inflated because of the money people were making SMH

16. AlwaysSaltyAF

I doubt they'll ban for it, but it is an exploit. No reason for a horse /w a matchlock to 1-2shot 16 hunting mobs at a time. Sure, it may work on other hunting mobs, but it doesn't mean it is intended just because it works. The trina matchlock was killing sea monsters for 6+ months until it got removed. Soon as something trumps everything else in silver per hour worth (or OP) it comes to the attention of the community and gets nerfed.

Also, I watched MorrolanTV's clip. He even states in the clip it is a bug, but he is filming himself doing it anyways and telling people it is ok to do it.

As someone who has been doing the hunting daily quests for the past 3 months literally every single day and getting 3-5% a day at professisonal 9 hunting it is truly sickening to see people going from beginner 0 to artisan 1 in literally just 1 day of hunting /w this method.

This is more game breaking than seamonsters ever were. Seamonsters the loot was guild loot and was shared between your guild, taxed, and set to once a week weekly payout. This hunting exploit @ featherwolves you can literally go there anytime of the day and get personal loot equal to 300mil+ of pre-order value. Why bother gathering for sharps/hards when hunting featherwolves gives 5x as much yield? Also, almost no one lists this stuff, so it isn't "helping" the economy either.

upload_2018-8-25_14-55-37.png

upload_2018-8-25_14-56-20.png

I love all these new hunting experts popping up to tell me how hunting works when I've done it more than them and getting called insults cuz I'm calling for a nerf/bug/exploit fix just like every1 and their mum did with sea monster hunting.

Also, I have multiple video clips of people 1-2 shotting 16 of these hunting featherwolves at a time with their horse, but I can't post it cuz I'll get banned (Literally just got a 24hour ban for posting a video of this). Obviously the GMs know it is an exploit and don't want people posting videos of it how to do it, so I'm not going to be explaining how it is done anymore on these forums as well.

TL;DR it is most definitely 300mil+ worth of enhancing mats/crafting mats if calculated at pre-order values.

Attached Files:

#176 AlwaysSaltyAF, Aug 25, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    Draconnix and Reigne Irkalla like this.
  17. Dorsch

You keep bringing up guild loot and preorder prices. You could literally take a new player and give them 10b in one month of them doing nothing. Oh and once again.. The preorders are at where they are at because of SMH inflating the prices of everything sooo...?

And if you still think your statement of 10 to 14 shots with art 10 matchlock then go take a vid and dm me on discord with it.

18. AlwaysSaltyAF

We also haven't had an ancient weapon core, witch earring, etc type box event in awhile. That is also why the pre-order for the sharps/hards are at that amount as well.

Draconnix likes this.
  19. Dorsch

I wish I was daft enough to think only the blue acc have crazy inflated preorders and thats its because of no boxes and not because people making 2b+ payouts a week lol

RageAgainst likes this.
  20. Dorsch

Its def the featherwolves ruining the market by people making blood and feed to sell while getting hards and sharps and not all the people who refused to grind and just made liquid silver to buy everything for crazy preorders off the mp.

Mimimimi likes this.