1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gain AP/DP per level.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Vipace, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Vipace

Most if not all RPGs give you better stats as you level up, So why is this game so gear heavy? Why can't we just get maybe 1 AP/DP per level than at the mile marks of idk 50 or 60 we get more? I mostly enjoy doing quest and lifeskills, So when I don't have the AP/DP to do then it makes me a bit sad and mad at the same time. Doing this will make the end game content a bit easier to do as you won't be underpowered to kill some of the monsters. even a .5 per level would go a long way to help make it more RPG like. Just the fact that as a level 60 without any gear on I can and will get killed by lower-level monsters makes me question if this is in fact an RPG? Now I get that this is also mainly a PVP game, So just make the gain per level AP/DP only work on monsters, not players. That should already be in the game already.

2. CozyMan

You're basically asking to be given free stats so that you can level in higher zones.

Hypothetically, if they introduced this into the game, They would just increase monster difficulty or lower gold per hour in that zone so the progression curve stays the same.

The best solution to this problem is for players to play the game the way it was meant to be played. Grind your ap/dp bracket until you can afford better gear.

BDO is a wealth progression system *hence gear*
    If you don't like that, then this is not the game for you.

Daigurern likes this.
  3. MindaugasR

Agree but is not worth your time even try explain that for peoples who think that even current rift boss too hard. They never understand that because they want everything free and they never even try grind for better gear.

#3 MindaugasR, Jan 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    Daigurern likes this.
  4. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 62 EU

Well, to be fair, gaining 1 AP not only for level 60 but also for 61, 62, 63 and so on would make a lot of sense. At the moment there is little to no incentive to level beyond 61 or maybe 62. The gear you get is, well, not good enough. For level 61 it is ok, Tri Crescent. For 62 it is merely a backup to be used for TET Tungrad attempts. For 63 and 64 it is completely worthless since you are at least full TET anyways.
    If you would gain 1 AP per level this would not break the game but it can maybe help reaching a new bracket and therefore motivate more people to level beyond 62.

5. Lord_Xenon

While the gear heavy sounds bad, when you have level bound, class bound, charbound etc. in place, in BDO most of the equipment is shared across the family. So I don't understand the OP how he can complain about that aspect. I mean you get from quests gear that is like pri green equivalent and nowadays even accs that surpass DUO yellow. Add to that the main+awaken box you can open on any char you want and you are settled with good stats(for quester).
    While I would support that 61+ get an additional stat, though just AP would tip the balance between AP and DP as you get a) more just of AP and b) reach a new bracket with even more AP sooner.

6. AlnilamE

While you are not gaining sheet AP as you level, up to level 60 you unlock higher level of your skills, with better damage multipliers, which has the same effect as gaining more AP, because you will be hitting monsters harder.

7. Vipace

huh, yeah that's is true, isn't it? Guess my real issue then is I can't do the storyline quest because I don't have the AP for it? Thanks for the reply none the less.

8. AlnilamE

What quests are you having trouble with? Can someone help you with them?

Also consider that Bartali's Adventure Log will give you AP increases that are family-wide.

And currently, there are rewards for leveling characters to 60 that give you a fair bit of money, which you can then use to buy better gear, if that's what you want to do.

9. Vipace

I'm trying to do the Stars Ends the main questline, not for loot or gear, but because I like to do all the quest. But yeah I guess I can do more of the Bartali's Adventure Log as well.

10. Artorias_Dusk

AP comes from gear. But some extra HP would be sweet, or DR.
    As example:
    Lv 63. 150HP and 2DP
    Lv 64. 150HP and 3DP
    Lv 65. 150HP and 5DP

11. AlnilamE

Yeah, I don't think I have gear for the combat quests in Star's End yet. I'll probably ask some guildies to help when I'm ready, but first I want to finish Valencia and Drieghan.

12. Lord_Xenon

Stars End is considered endgame. It's natural that you can't do it w/o very good gear. But that isn't a problem of the questline.

13. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Strangely enough the quest line asks you to kill certain stars end mobs. This is not possible for level 60 with only tet weapons and tri everything else. I seriously doubt it is possible for full tet players at that level trying to do the quests solo.

14. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

you can pull 1 by 1 and with time kill the mob on your own pace. might take a bit time with crap gear. or call some friends to kill mobs for you.

15. Lord_Xenon

And what's the problem with it? It's the mainquestline for an endgame area. It's natural to ask at some point maybe for mobkills as well.

16. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA