1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gambling

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by MagicalTabletopGirls, May 21, 2020.

1. MagicalTabletopGirls

2. Andaro

Ambassador

What's your point?

3. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I think the point is that all loot boxes purchased with real money are gambling and as such need to be either banned or regulated.

4. Khondo

Why?

phelpsrj1978 likes this.
  5. Aysnvaust

I think the point is to show off the char.

LeCordonBleu and Distaken like this.
  6. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Because there are players under the legal gambling age playing this game.

zeezero, RainbowRat, Lurea and 10 others like this.
  7. Yumine

Yumine Mystic 61

I'm more scared about horse skill reset and artisan memory.

RainbowRat, Mimimimi and Boink like this.
  8. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I think they are equally deplorable.

zeezero, RainbowRat, Lurea and 5 others like this.
  9. Boink

It's a Korean MMO. I think most of them have some gambling elements.

Weird.

The U.S. gaming industry will not change until a bill comes in and regulate it.

10. Korvgubben

Gambling because the 3 circled items are worth less than the box price? Well yeah, kinda. A lot of stuff in there would be worth less than the box price to me personally because of stuff I already have.

11. MagicalTabletopGirls

*Ding* *Ding* *Ding* *Ding*

12. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

This is all we can hope for but at least some countries have woken up to this unregulated gambling and banned the sale of loot boxes. Sadly due to the current pandemic I doubt much will be done in the immediate future,

13. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

Shouldn't these player be fined for being underage and playing this game? Just saying...

We should all have 1 account for all hames using our personal id and have real age tied to that account so that underaged players cannotnplay games that aren't for their age. Just sayin... If you wanna be right first ban all those who are under the age restriction of BDO then do something about lootboxes.

14. Zaoo

The fact that this company has shady gambling?? They dont even bother to show %. Its probably 99.999% on crons for rewards.

Big companies would never get away with what BDO does but this shady company is under radar.

15. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

by now this is normal stuff alrdy, didnt they also add triple prerium bundle aka pen attempt bundle discount?

Jinoro and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  16. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

No because the age for gambling is different in many countries to the age for playing this game. They are mutually exclusive. So if the game is for sixteen plus but you cannot gamble until 18 as in my country or 21 which is the legal gambling age in many others they are not breaking the law playing the game. The companies on the other hand should be fined for encouraging and allowing minors to gamble if they let them buy these loot boxes.

17. Arcticcz

Holly Molly, they introduced a REAL lootbox in this game? xD

1) You are bound to show % chance of what you get within the EU and I think in USA as well, that is a regulation these days btw.
    2) It is supposed to be taxed and viewed as a tax scam in especially in EU and ... think USA did this too already? *thinking*
    3) This stuff is outright banned in several EU countries, canada and Australia

Remember when I was talking about "We could already sue BDO"? .... Yeah, well .... now it won't even be a fight in the court just a fat "sign here to pay your fine" for PA/Kakao.

[​IMG]

18. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

They did show % of chance to get stuff in the pearl shop notes, though that doesn't make it any less scammy.
    And yes, highest chance is to get the most worthless stuff (advice of valks 35-45 is 9%, and valks cry is 8,5%).
    I guess a lot of people refuse to see gambling as an addiction. It is true that people should monitor and teach their kids to not do these things, but even so when the game has ''options'' such as these, it should be very open and vocal about it so people know what to avoid. And here we have people playing this game for years still refusing to believe this game has gambling mechanics.
    Since this is nothing new, they could at least put this on their game starting screen, but for some reason it's not there.https://i.ibb.co/N6YF5CP/yeah.png

#18 onaco, May 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
  19. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

LOL, speak for your self. No that is not gambling...well, unless one is not competent to even wake up in the morning and needs constant supervision if doing it by them selves. In which case like I said, you would be speaking for your self.

Distaken, MamoruKin, Life2v and 5 others like this.
  20. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

Make diff age restriction based on the country like they did with lootboxes not being available in other countries.