1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gambling

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by MagicalTabletopGirls, May 21, 2020.

1. Boink

I guess I can see the reason for the argument regarding compulsive buying like hardcore collectors looking for different categories like stopping power, unique guns, rarity, etc but when you added "victims" and "school shooting" that raises alarm bells. Addiction to getting something new or better. Just like what I said about car manufacturers making a brand new version EVERY YEAR.

It's all about that dopamine hits, some have different desired cravings.

Jinoro likes this.
  2. Allan1985

yeap, and then a pandemic hits and we see everybody panic and get anxiety attacks because they have no savings to pay mortage or even basic expenses, some companies try to normalize compulsive spending because it benefits them, and some people defends it because that way the can clench their inner feeling of irresponsibility, in the end we are building a society using crystal pedestals as supports and booooi oh boooi when they break.

Jinoro likes this.
  3. Dalenos

So pearl abyss finally adds loot boxes not surprised, to say the least,>.> Of course, the whales are defending them and @Andaro defending them cause pA's aMbAsSaDoR <.<

Allan1985 likes this.
  4. phelpsrj1978

phelpsrj1978 Werbs 49 NA

Please, this is nothing even close to "gambling". This would be like comparing a Church raffle to the Las Vegas Strip.

5. Reyer

Good point. If you didn't mention that, we would forget about charity towards PA. They need it.

#185 Reyer, Jun 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  6. Boink

It has the same mechanics as gambling. You put "money" in for a chance at something.

What's funny is that players are mad because PA put up lootboxes (with 150 fs etc)? There is no difference when the game was released with Artisans were multiplying attempts by times three. Then Artisans went x 4, added crons for "convenience". Now x 5 and lootboxes.

Maybe the same thinking that well it's the same as Church bingo or raffle. It costs soo little until they keep upping the ante. Lootboxes looks soo big compare to 50 pearls.

7. phelpsrj1978

phelpsrj1978 Werbs 49 NA

Okay fine, Pull Tabs at your local bar to the Las Vegas strip.

8. Boink

My vice of choice is gambling. Not into alcohol. Back when I was reckless I lost $10,000 in one day, a horror story of my life my brain wasn't thinking right and only thing I want is to "win". I don't get your point, this game is open for any teenagers that are getting themselves into "less expensive" but very addictive gambling.

Let me know when they stop regulating alcohol or gambling.

MoonDance17 likes this.