1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under Investigation Game constantly closing since this weeks patch

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by TarkusBlack, Apr 15, 2018.

1. D34DM4N

Well , the client worked a few days without randomly closing but it eventually went back to its old habits and started randomly closing again. @GM Kaioken

2. Feyti

My log file is 150MB.... filled with the exact same crap message : eErrNoErrorHappen(Error!): LongDistanceMoveForOther (coordinates)

over and over again. From training my horse.
    Gosh this game is coded with the feet.

I just logged back into the game and I cannot interact with the door of my house. Just great

PS: Oh and at the very bottom > 기준 로그 용량을 초과하였습니다. 더 이상 로그를 기록하지 않습니다.

3. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Could you send us a ticket with your WinMTR log attached if you are still suffering from interaction issues with objects in-game?

4. Superschlange

any fix? problem still exists

5. Blusurfer

Can you explain why BDO is the only online game I've played in many many years that has so many problems with connectivity?

6. Von_Chicanery

-I'm just curious are any of you on Windows 7, having this problem?
    I just want to know if they've broken the game beyond repair... making it "shiny"...

Sept 5th is pretty much the Ragnarok of Black Desert Online at this point...

-Also, just set up a simple script to ping 8.8.8.8(google dns) and print to file when it fails(with a timestamp). Launching an MTR post crash is just pants on head stupid.

Reference your ping file when you crash, if you don't see any blips to Google's DNS, use that instead of some rinky dink MTR..

#206 Von_Chicanery, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  7. Ihmbreil

Connectivity issues here as well, submitted a ticket. I can't play more than ten minutes without the game freezing and the game client closing unexpectedly.

18-10-08 15:46:33 0x20DC-00-1 eErrNoDevelopLog(Development log!): Session=>Index(5):(Client-PC/5/):($UndefinedName$/-1):Handle accept or connect completed:Result(121/121/0)

18-10-08 15:46:33 0x20DC-00-4 eErrNoSocketAccepOrConnectRequestFail(Socket 'Accept/Connect' request has failed.): Session(5):ErrNo(121/121),Count(0)

18-10-08 15:46:33 0x20DC-00-1 eErrNoPcLogout(Player character is logging out.): Actor=>Index(5):(Client-PC/5/):($UndefinedName$/-1):logout:Reason(--(121):[--])

18-10-08 15:46:33 0x20DC-00-1 eErrNoDevelopLog(Development log!): Actor=>Index(5):(Client-PC/5/):($UndefinedName$/-1):logout completed:Reason(--(121):[--])

8. Blusurfer

You guys do know how DNS works? I can't see a reason to use google over your own ISP. You request for an IP will be sent and the response cached. It's not like google will do a better job imo. Start a DNS server on your own PC or router. Then you'll have a best solution.

Google Maradns. Experiment but you can't get any better than your own host DNS server.

#208 Blusurfer, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  9. Von_Chicanery

Apparently you don't. "Your own" DNS server still reports to an authoritative name server. If you think you can run an recursive DNS server better than Google, you're smoking the best crack known to man....bubby.

Here ya go: http://social.dnsmadeeasy.com/blog/authoritative-vs-recursive-dns-servers-whats-the-difference/
    Learn something you obviously don't know..

I love you little home networking folks... its really cute.

10. Blusurfer

Well when "your own" recursive DNS server has traversed the tree and has a response from the authoritve server for that domain, it becomes cached on your DNS server according to the TTL value. Getting a local cached response means you don't have to go across the internet to google or other, so there's less opportunity for issues such as latency, packet loss or whatever to affect your resolution.

Read the link you sent. It says it right there. ********.

11. Von_Chicanery

You saved a fraction of a second genius to resolve something...You've achieved nothing ******** and are just stacking processes on your own machine. Go back to hole Sysmin..

12. Blusurfer

Are you thick or what? I said a local resolver will help issues such as latency, packet loss or whatever to affect your resolution. Is it that hard to comprehend for you? I'm guessing so by your response.

You see not all people live in the USA so using a DNS server continents away may have issues.

Chin up champ, own up you're wrong and move on. Local resolution is better than remote resolution. Maybe you have it on your router? If so as you said a process is then not needed on your PC. And I agree that's good if your resources bound. Sadly most people aren't and can run more processes easily.

Anyway, off you go with your smart arsed retort. Can't wait. :-)

13. Von_Chicanery

And you're still wrong. Keep believing it "champ". Let me know what SDN router you're setting up to run that rDNS server on.
    Then you can tell us all how you saved sub 100ms on a resolution, which is incomprehensible to humans.
    You don't know what you're talking about kid. Like I said.. go back to hole.

#Youtube making ignorant people feel smart, since 2005..
    I'm done with you..

14. Blusurfer

It doesn't have to be a full recursive DNS server. And I'm sure most home users don't have an SDN router. But if they're running OpenWRT or Merlin or indeed maybe stock firmware has DNSmasq already. Not hard.

http://kacangbawang.com/say-bye-to-providers-dns-servers-be-your-own-dns-resolver/

And you said something really funny, "If you think you can run a DNS server better than google". ROFL You think they are hard to set up? You think they a mystery?

You also seem to be the type of person who says "I have no issues, so you're all wrong" without providing any assistance. Sad.

But once again you arc up trying to deflect what I said. Key points.

"Local resolution and "less opportunity for issues such as latency, packet loss or whatever to affect your resolution.""

Now if you can't admit the sentence above is valid without throwing excuses and further deflection you really are a **** head.

15. Von_Chicanery

Ok Deep, don't you have antivirus to scam? You're clearly beneath me and can't see outside your little box. The statement you're pleb mind seems to cling to above might affect you in the slums of Dehli, but for most of the world, an additional 100ms or so to resolve a URL or retransmitt a request isn't even noticeable AND assumes your home network is sound.
    You know nothing about me, which is why its comical to even speak to you..
    But likewise, you seem like some disfunct lowly tech support agent from Accostings who knows enough about tech to sound smart to anyone ignorant of the subject matter. I'm not and I'm done with you..

#215 Von_Chicanery, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  16. Blusurfer

You still flapping your gums? Admit you weren't correct and then drop it.

17. Pointis

Pointis Wizard 62 EU

My game just closed without any error message while afk training horse in Heidel and game minimized to tray.
    I was on LAN this time, so NOTHING is fixed!

I don't get it why this error is not Top Priority already!!!

18. deductively

This has been up since April and it's still "Under Investigation"? If I'd known this game were so damned broken, I wouldn't have started the trial. I'm sick of the devs NOT KNOWING WHEN IT'S THEIR JOB TO FIGURE IT OUT.

19. deductively

Also that DNS fight could've been avoided if Von Chicanery had just been cordial instead of "aww look at you, a bug beneath my feet" (not the exact words, but come on, a pleb? Really?) over a potential mistake/correction/whatever. And Usurper could have chosen to just not respond to the immature comment (not saying you're at fault, though).
    All this because these devs couldn't (still can't!) fix their game...
    You happy, devs? Got your popcorn?

20. Blusurfer

I fully understand what you're saying, but hopefully other people would have learned something from what Von Chicanery and I were debating.