1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Game crashing regularly since latest update

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by Radge28, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Rena

try this fix maybe it works for bdo too (disable full screen optimization)

2. evilporo

We do not get any god damn error code. Game literally vanishes.

3. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

The issue is i don't get a pop-up or error code. My game just disappears. And i already have that disabled for fps reasons in pvp

4. Hecatonchires

Same here, crash without error message since yesterday and the patch.

5. Urzhya

I have same problem, since the great expedition update, the game just close without error messages.

6. NicoX

I already have this crashes without error messege since the UI update but it got way more with the sea update. Also for me the game got really slow and laggy since the UI update and often buggs UI relatedwhich only can be helped by closing the game

7. skylinegtrtre69

Same. My game is just vanishing roughly every 10-15 minutes since the last patch. How is this NOT a priority for them? Have they responded at all about this?

8. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

Im still crashing even after a 41.1mb patch

9. Logneth

Same here just trying to get my boat ready for active fishing I can't even afk anymore.

10. Spartakos

Same issue for me and my wife since update. 5 to 10 mins in, game crashes with no disconnection error, simply vanishes.

#30 Spartakos, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  11. GlitterBear

GlitterBear GlitterBear

I removed the game and re downloaded it. I gave it full access via firewall. I opened all its ports. I deleted cache. I sent multiple tickets in. I get the response that they implemented a "new security feature" and that I should not play via a private server. Im like, WTF? I dont play via a private server and I dont use anything like macros or run anything that would suddenly start this issue. I updated all my drivers (None needed it) and they keep closing my ticket as solved. I continue to crash to desktop with no warning or error message and they continue to ignore the issue because the "majority" havent had this affect them.

12. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

The game is F@&$ed. Get out while you can.

13. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 63 EU

The last patch was just buggy, we will have to wait until they fix it.

14. Patrik2991

How to shoot yourself in leg 101

I got this answer in a ticket:
    "The latest update came with new security measures, including a function for checking private server clients.

Users who have private server clients will experience malfunctions while playing BDO as per this new function. We strongly recommend uninstalling private clients that any player might have in order to play without any issue!"

What a shame that I never ever played on any other server (nor private, nor official)...

15. Spartakos

So, what they claim is that their new awesome "security feature" allows you to login, play for 10-15 minutes and then by design decides to close the client without any warning and no explanation because of a hypothetical private server that exists on your computer. Which by the way they do not clarify on their response if they refer to a BDO private server or any private server.

I call bullsh1t. They have no idea why this happens and just use classic customer service techniques to stall. They should have the decency to come out and say so to players.

RoxiAmbrosia and MoonDance17 like this.
  16. Happy9000

Yea, I get no crash and I play both retail and private

Spartakos likes this.
  17. Elessara

After my previous post I noticed that the issue for me is intermittent. Sometimes it's stable for hours and then it will vanish and do the vanishing act every 10 minutes or so until it decides to be stable for hours again.

But still ... what does "private server client" even mean with regards to BDO? Are there actually private BDO servers out there?

Edit to add: I just read the previous post. Apparently there are. I had no idea.

RoxiAmbrosia and MoonDance17 like this.
  18. Spartakos

My brother has both as well on his computer and plays without an issue whatsoever.

19. sonar411

anyone find a solution yet?? ive reinstalled bdo , i dont use a private server, and STILL crashes with no warning.. are they even going to fix this? or do they just blame us instead?!

MoonDance17 likes this.
  20. Elessara

What's likely is: They're going to keep blaming us, saying there's no problem. Then one day months from now it will magically be fixed with nothing in the patch notes. They can't admit to being wrong or making mistakes.

RoxiAmbrosia likes this.