1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under Investigation Game lighting going haywire

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by Whitrix, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Whitrix

Ambassador

This has only started happening today. I logged in earlier and noticed the colors and shadows were a bit more crazier than usual. From time to time the screen turns to red. Various other persons in chat are reporting the same happening to them.

Display options:
    Fullscreen Window
    Remastered Mode
    Every option activated except Reduce Snow Build-up
    NonContrast filter
    Gamma and Contrast at 0.
    Opacity and Combat Focus at 100.
    Without Color Vision Aid.

Video:

You can see the red flash towards the end. At the beginning you can see it on the mountains.

Taeshien and Diazine like this.
  2. GM Haliaeetus

Game Master

Hey @Whitrix thanks for reporting this.

1. Does the issue persist when running the game on windowed mode?
    2. Does the issue persist when switching off remastered mode?

3. Whitrix

Ambassador

I've replicated the problem in the same channel, EU Valencia 3, at the same hour ingame (9:23 PM onwards).

Examples:
    Remastered:

At the 0:45 mark one can see a strong example of the red flash. At the minute 1 mark I stopped so the various flickering effects could be seen for a while. Inside the city of Duvencrune one can see the lighting and shadows vary wildly without any kind of movement of the camera.

Very High:

At the 0:37 and 1:03 marks.

In Medium I haven't seen them.

4. lingling

I'm having this issue as well.

I'm running on high texture/graphics.

5. Diazine

same thing happens to me, started today. new nvidia driver came out today, not sure if it's the bdo client or the driver.

6. lingling

That's a good point, I updated my Nvidia driver today as well and this lighting issue only started happening today for me.

7. Yitsoe

Yitsoe Mystic 60 EU

Reported this myself almost two weeks ago and few had reported this during last winter effects during "Strange weather" event, but as usual... nothing was done in order to fix this before the winter season effects started again. This is caused by aurora borealis effect that appears during night, but also same bug is affecting multiple other light sources (check thread link below).

Link:
    https://community.blackdesertonline...n-glowing-light-sources-high-settings.338757/

#7 Yitsoe, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Whitrix likes this.
  8. GM Haliaeetus

Game Master

Thanks for the updates! I've run this by our QA dept. and confirmed that we do have an open investigation going on. I'll update it with the additional information linked in this thread.

Whitrix likes this.
  9. Corsix

same thing just started happening to me. I thought my gaming 4k monitor was dying and was like NOOOOOOOOOOO$$$$$$ lol. Then I asked on general chat and others said its happened/happening to them and came to forums.

10. NannaOgg

Yep red flashing is back. Been walking around gathering on mountains and feel a connection with the northern lights in the sky. Will observe again if it happens.

11. Starseeker

Starseeker Mystic 58 NA

I only experience this when northern lights are in the sky it seems

12. Arkachallo

I too am having this issue, it is very hard to play while this going on. grinding isn't possible either. My guild mate is also having the same issue, as are many people in the server chat. I hope this can be fixed soon!

13. Taeshien

Oh wow thank you soooooo much. I thought I was going crazy or my GPU was dying, while unfortunate for all of us I am glad this isn't just a GPU problem for me. I was getting these red flashes today in Taphtar Plain while fighting Centaurs as the sun went down.

I updated my nVidia drivers to the latest version and haven't seen it repeat (at least in the last 30 mins since I updated).

14. WorDSounDnPowa

I always have it when it's winter, since remastered came out. But it's getting worse.

15. Shy0

this has been happening on-and-off since the pointless fireworks when they did their 10 million event. i'll bet someone forgot to turn off the colour effects when the event ended and we're left with this.

16. Camouflage

Switched to normal mode cause the coloreffects are annoying as hell, but even there it is bugged. On normal mode it switches light/dark/light/dark all the time.

17. Kanimae

Same thing happening here, will endure it for now as remastered is super pretty but for a sec there I thought my graphics card was sending SOS signals. Glad to see it's not just me!

18. Wildcard

Also have the prob, and like Camouflage, normal mode circles light/dark

19. Kema

Also having this problem... As are a number of individuals in my guild. Annoying and distracting issue. :P

20. Silverfauve

Silverfauve MacGonagall Witch 61 EU

Same issue for me and some other guild members.