1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game locking up

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by TrielAshenbane, Nov 11, 2017.

1. TrielAshenbane

So I recently seemed to have resolved an issue with not being able to launch the game/lagging out trying to load BDO. I stay connected and haven't been booted in a over a day, new record for the past 2 weeks. however I am experiencing something weird and I don't know if it is just me or anyone else?

Basically, randomly every minute or so the game just kinda stutters and locks up for a few seconds then continues. It also happens 100% of the time if I open the market, settings, map, basically any kind of new window in game.. It literally just freezes for a few seconds then lurches forward quickly like a bad lag spike, but the game doesn't feel laggy in general.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is it actually lag spikes or am I having some graphics issues? I have 0 issues with any other game and I am currently running BDO on optimization mode (for background running purposes) but I normally can play it on high end mode with 50 fps consistently.

Thanks for any feedback or input on this.

2. Roechacca

I think I know what you mean. I'm getting map lag a lot. Once in a while a ping spike and lag.

3. prymortal

prymortal Sorceress 61 NA

are you using Windows AU or Creators update?

4. TrielAshenbane

No, I'm using windows 7 and have had no issues until the last two weeks, when I started having issues logging in. They seemed linked but I'm not sure b/c its just a weird issue.

5. Vanadiel

I myself use windows 7, 64 bit and have not experienced those issue.
    Would you happen to know how much physical memory you have free?

The one thing I have noticed with the BDO client is that over time it will use more and more memory to a point where after a few days it has tripled its original footprint. If you only have 8 gig of ram that could cause an issue also.

There also is or was an issue with the market interface and how you close it. The trick was to open the mp using the main menu (esc) and then closing it right away by using the X instead of the close button. Using the close button would cause stuttering afterwards, but with the x that would not happen.

It could also be a video issue, what card version and driver version do you use?

6. TrielAshenbane

It's not a RAM issue and I just updated my video driver a few weeks ago and it is the most current version. I did not have any issues after I updated it. I don't have issues with any other game even if I'm running BDO and another game. It is only BDO and I don't know if it is lag or video related. So If anyone else is having the same thing happen I can probably assume its lag related.

7. Ketoma

Yea...I agree, Kakao is turning this game into a prison sentence, being locked up is not nice!