1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Game screen not properly aligned

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Code, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Code

I play on a laptop and its proper/max resolution is 1366x768. After installing this latest remastered patch I noticed how the game screen is not properly and entirely aligned. Like at the center of the screen everything is fine, but more towards both left and right of the game screen the text and ingame graphics become a bit blurry/jagged.

I tried changing to fullscreen and windowed mode and other resolutions, but problem persists. The desktop and other programs such as my browser are properly aligned and this problem is not present in other games.

I took a screenshot to show you how it looks like, but oddly enough it seems the game looks perfectly aligned and smooth in it, just as I remember it before this patch.

Any idea what might cause it?

2. Code

BDO.png

Managed to take a screenshot of how it actually looks. Fully zoom in and you'll notice how for example the text is jagged in some spots, but it's actually with all the visual elements of the in-game screen.

I repaired the client and completely deleted the saved settings folder from Documents. This is the first time it ever happens to me so my only guess is there's a faulty file/settings in the client that needs to be fixed by the devs.

3. Shenya

Emmmmm, you're gonna have to point out which words aren't right. Game screen not properly aligned? I mean does the game fill the whole screen?

You said more toward the left and the right of the screen, but unless I just didn't scrutinize the right areas hard enough, even zooming to 500% the text looked uniform to me. Have you looked at the screenshot on another machine? I can't see any issues with the screen you've posted, maybe I'm not looking in the right place or I need to get my eyes tested (or you do).

4. Code

I understand from this screenshot you might not be able to tell clearly. This one was taken by capturing the screen and pasting into Paint.

However with the screenshot saved by the game it makes it seems 100% perfect.
    2018-08-23_6629533.PNG

If you open them and zoom them to their actual size(right click on image and "Open image in a new tab") you can clearly tell the difference.
    Even just from the first screenshot you can compare the 812,304,488 in red with the 812,304,488 in green below the TET: Ultimate Piece of Purification Lancia. The min price in red is jagged/fuzzy, while the max price in green is clear/crisp.

To you it may not seem like a big deal but it's really noticeable for me when looking at the monitor.

5. Code

Here's a comparison for the same area of the screen, the top one is from the first screenshot(what I actually see when playing), the one below is from the second screenshot(the one taken and saved by the game client and how it should be).

Comparison.png

6. Code

Another thing worth mentioning is something I noticed just now is the resolutions of the two screenshots. The first one is 1366x768, which is the native resolution of my monitor, but the second one is 1364x768, so it's a tiny bit less wide but displays the game exactly how it should look like when it comes to clarity.

Since the second screenshot(1364x768) was processed by the game client, it can only mean that the actual resolution of the client is 1364x768, when it should be 1366x768. This means that Windows tries to fit and adjust the game client to the intended resolution, but since it's a bit less wide(1364) it just tries to stretch it to 1366, which explains why only some areas of the screen seem distorted more or less.

7. Shenya

It's a weird one, I can see the difference and we're talking about the stretching that's occurring as a result. This game is a lore unto itself when it comes to screen modes. I don't know if your laptop is an optimus system like mine (has both nvidia and intel and powers up the nvidia when needed/chosen/forced but still has to pass through the intel) or not, but I certainly had to go into my Intel gpu settings and check the "Override Application Settings" box for the longest time. Then one day, they patched it, and some of the oddities it was doing stopped.
    I also had to use Windowed Full Screen mode, since it simply would not scale up the screen (no matter what I chose in the Intel panel) and display my 1280x720 unscaled to the 1920x1080 native resolution in the middle of the screen with a big fat black border.

Whatever your GPU situation, go to its control panel and play with the scaling options (seems to me I used to have to use Maintain Display Scaling originally). If you DO have optimus, then try going to the intel site and downloading the latest driver for whichever Intel GPU you have. Mine is OLD, and choosing the executable gives me a message telling me I have to use my manufacturers driver, which is more buggy than the Microsoft one for Windows 10. Fortunately, Intel provide a .zip file, and extracting that and then choosing the "have disk" and "I'll choose from a selection" deal, provides a fully functioning bug free Intel GPU experience that apparently I no longer have to fool with for BDO to do its thing.

This latest patch has indeed brought much misery to my BDO experience, which none of the mini patches since have fixed. Crash crash crash crash crash. Sorry I can't be much more help, and hope that you find a way or tomorrow's maintenance fixes it. Good luck!

P.S. Just before I hit "Post Reply" I changed to 1366x768 and took a screenshot. I don't notice the issue like you do, because my display is already having to upscale to my native resolution, but CAN CONFIRM, the screenshot it took is indeed 1364x768. I tried 1360x768 and that's correct, but even if you run that resolution, you'll notice the problems you've described, because it'll be upscaling to your native resolution. I honestly think you'll have to put in a ticket, I don't think any amount of driver settings will force it. Like I said at the start, this game is a lore unto itself when it comes to screen modes!

8. Code

Ty for the input. And no problem, game is playable but it's a little annoying. I'd rather have my entire screen fuzzy tbh.

I made a ticket and they said they reported it to the dev team. Now gotta wait and hope. zzz

9. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Thanks again for sending in a ticket to bring this to our attention, Code. :)