1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ganking

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Mistymari, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Dalenos

Shh don't trigger the salty pkers and tough guy pvpers.

2. DarkRogue

^^^^ This. Have you ever tried not leveling a class past 50? Do you know how it is nearly unplayable with that stupid notification popping up on your screen every two minutes and the BS practically screaming at you constantly about leveling up? No, it's just easier to spout out "don't go past 49" and consider it resolved.

Unlike you, I choose to explain to people the reason why PA's done this: BDO is a open world, pvp game. It's why you fly up to level 50 as your prolonged tutorial. If you didn't want to be in a pvp game disguised as an RPG, then you were sold a bill of goods and are playing the wrong game. It is why there isn't a PvE server and there never will be one. It's why the game is solely gear focused and completely lacks skill progression. If you are a lifeskiller or a role-player, you are gaining from BDO the aspects they've put in place towards that end. Ultimately, to gain the benefits of the rest of the game, you will need to gear for PvP as open world PvP was the vision of PA and it remains that still. So, complaining about ganking and no PvE server will get you nowhere.

As far as open world PvP and to the devs that make such games.... the trolls in this forum and any forum on the internet is an example of the level of courtesy and respect they will display to the customers of any company that decides to have that as the foundation of their game. It enables the griefers and any company that refuses to see that or take steps to prevent it speaks volumes of the level of courtesy and respect they have over segments of their own customer base. I've said it before - people play open world games differently, MMO or not. Forcing people to play a certain way is naive and out of touch with your audience. This is the number one reason why I say BDO isn't an RPG. You are forced to eventually gear up to engage in PvP, one way or another.

Dalenos likes this.
  3. Dalenos

All classes are flawed at level 49 not to mention you can't access the awakening. Don't get me start with that notification for level 50 quest that **** is Infuriating. PA made it so every time all the time you ever do ANYTHING >_> it will show up. They made it annoying on purpose -_-

DarkRogue likes this.
  4. Lateral

Lateral Valkyrie 61 EU

I thought PvE servers were supposed to be full of griefers ruining someone's rotation without that someone being able to "defend" the spot through PvP... So how it's easier? :p

For serious, if they added PvE channels, they would be overrun 24/7 most likely.

5. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

It is highly likely that this would be the case, but you forget that there is also lifeskilling and for example afk fishing outside of safezones at certain spots can yield a lot more money ^^

6. Lateral

Lateral Valkyrie 61 EU

Hmm not so sure about that anymore after the recent patches. Plot twist: They destroy afk fishing to prepare for PvE channels :p

7. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

they only destroyed grana fishing.

8. 2Cents

Can we raise the stakes a little and get you to promise to permanently uninstall the game if it does happen?

9. johnnified

As it should be for people who can't control the ALT+C Fingers.

10. Souljester

Souljester Sorceress 62 NA

No actually, the last fishing "buff" made sure to stab afk fishing in the gut gooooddd.

11. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Are you one of those "Give us PVE servers"?, because this game is already ruined with all these boring pve and repetitive lifeskills activities... lame..

Columba likes this.
  12. DarkRogue

Why would you suggest I uninstall then?

13. 2Cents

Because your blatantly making a statement about something that is very possible and which you have no control over.

14. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

You can safely ignore everything that @2Cents says. He's the one so butthurt about the game that he cried everyday on the forums for nearly 3 years but still hasn't uninstalled.

Columba likes this.
  15. 2Cents

I give accurate analysis, wise suggestions, and sound advice. Smileybones just trolls, dodges, and cries about everything.

@Smileybones Show me the evidence!
    @Dawkins it's in the museum your welcome to see it for yourself
    @Dawkins it's in the fossil dating
    @Dawkins I see, perhaps the problem is your blind!!!

16. Columba

You’re . Carry on.

Smileybones likes this.
  17. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

LMAO the one that dodged a billion times claims I dodge.
    LMAO the one that cries daily in the forums claims I cry.
    LMAO the one that admitted being toxic with the purpose of destroying the game claims he gives wise suggestions.

Priceless.

Also you literally just dodged my point about you whining for 3 years yet not having uninstalled.

18. 2Cents

Already been covered kid, when I say Dark Night it's also correct. That is because I am completely superior to the morons who put silent letters into a language system.

19. DarkRogue

My blatant statement is based upon what PA has stated on the vision of their game and the steps they've taken to preserve that. For example, there is a PvP channel and no PvE channel, yet the latter has been requested many more times than you can count. They've stated many, many times they will NOT add any PvE dungeons as well. The statement is blatant because their actions and previous statements are blatant. I also never stated I had any control over what PA does and have posted that sentiment in forums repeatedly. Include your own delusions to form your own arguments. It suits you well.

In the future, if you want to throw your usual lackluster, nasty and vacant thoughts my way, I would suggest a very, very high step stool so we can speak on the same level.

Smileybones likes this.
  20. DarkRogue

lul.

Columba likes this.