1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gathering Energy Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Not_Astiir, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Not_Astiir

The Problem
    Players who previously leveled gathering who were able to recover energy with high quality wine have a massive advantage against players whose goal is to reach high levels for the icons and the achievement of being a high level gatherer. After the high quality wine removal, you are only able to gather around 10 minutes for every 80-100 energy doing wild herbs.; This means that a player can only gather for around two hours a day. Gathering is the grinding of life-skills, there are many players whose sole goal in the game is to gather for many hours a day (even 10+ hours a day) just to reach high levels. I think that removing energy recovery entirely was too harsh a change for passionate gatherers.

The Solution
    I think a good solution to this problem would be to allow players to continue gathering with 0 energy while receiving far less rewards from gathering, yet gain the same exp. This would solve the disparity between players who gained gathering levels before and those who are trying to level gathering after the removal of high quality wine.

Reply with your own suggestions, try to keep discussion civil.
    Keep in mind that the goal of this suggestion is to keep a way to continually level gathering to high levels like has previously been in the game. The silver gain from gathering is not the focus of this suggestion.

2. ۜSиσω

This is a good suggestion for the people that are concerned with gathering for EXP, however I do not find this a good solution for the change as a whole.
    This suggestion could be applied with the changes reverted and it will still be a good suggestion for those people, and with that in some way I feel like this suggestion is addressing a different subject than the one implied by your headline.

3. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Why not instead, throw in some more Daily gathering quests? .....we have a few...but the exp rates on them drop off after a certain level....why not some bigger ones?

Also, perhaps add gathering exp to guild , and makegathering missions it a group thing...

4. Not_Astiir

Can you explain why so I can improve upon my suggestion? Constructive criticism will help me here.

5. ۜSиσω

Because the people that gathered for exp is a smaller part of the entire group that are affected by these changes.
    The people that saw gathering as their main source of income or alternative to something they do not enjoy (PVE) and the resources (time, silver etc.) they invested in their mastery is being devalued a lot.

I'm not saying your suggestion is bad by the way, I think it is a good suggestion but it would have been a good suggestion even if these changes weren't implemented today, so it is not tackling the actual issue.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  6. Lord_Xenon

Honestly I don't understand the suggestion at all. The perpetuum mobile for gathering got removed. That mean high end mastery have now less of an advantage compared to lowers. That alone is now better.

>>far less rewards from gathering, yet gain the same exp.<< This makes no sense. As you get xp for the different procs, the only thing I could imagine regarding this is that instead of 8 4 2 4 6 1 it's then 1 1 1 1 1 1. Would still be a huge boost for those with high mastery as they proc way more different things than lower ones.

7. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 61 NA

Was talking about this last night with some people, i suggested we change how we get energy back atm i have 279 energy (i know not that much) it takes 13.95hrs of me staying on that character to fully gain my energy back, with Kama blessing of course this is reduced by alot. So i suggest we change energy to 1 per min not 1 per 3, Kama blessing will be 2 per min, then when offline change it to 1 per 15min, this would give people the ability to gather more often and use their alts energy for the hardcore players more often to get pots.

ۜSиσω and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  8. Stealthe

Gathering currently is already easier and more profitable than pve grinding to the point where people that prefer pve grinding over gathering have had gather instead of grinding just for the sake of profitability...that suggestion would only make that problem way worse.

Gathering is how I currently make all my money in the game and I personally wouldn't mind having a reason to be able to pve grind again.2 energy a minute and you may as well just remove energy consumption altogether especially if gathering anything other than herbs.I dont think energy is the issue...you chose to gather something with high profits per hour/high energy consumption...maybe gather something with lower profits per hour/lower energy consumption that way you can sustain energy while gathering

9. Gretsia

I will explain to you cause you dont understand cause simple you dont know.
    Those who reached Guru 30 for example comparing to someone at Master 30 got more than 200 mastery.This is 4 brackets.

Those 4 brackets its a simple,simple thing.
    I gather with guru 30 with+200 mastery from you and i do with my energy (500 for example) 300m.
    You gather with M30 and you do 200m (with 500 energy as well).
    You have ABSOLUTELY no chanse to come close to me because you CANT spam herbs anymore simply because you dont have any energy to use,no wines so you will never have any chanse to be equal with me at lvls meaning less mastery as well.

Also for people who hunt icons you have again absolutely no chanse to be at top brackets cause you cant exp your gathering lvl any more.

If you are familiar with grinding i will give you this example.
    You are 58 lvl & i am 62.
    And PA/Kakao for w/e reason decide to take out Mirumok (or any other high exp grind spot).
    So we both have to grind Hystria,Aakman,stars end etc etc.
    And suddenly you have zero chanse to close to me to lvls...

Simple as that.

Daily gathering quests...
    So someone will exp the gathering with quests without doing gathering meaning without loot.
    Its like asking people to not going Mirumuk but instead to do quest to exp to 60->63...

Finally i dont want to dissagre with you every single wile but check what you wrote again...

''and makegathering missions it a group thing...''

BDO?Group Content?
    At gathering?

I feel that gathering should be nerfed (i am full time lifeskiller) but not to be wiped.
    I think they should let wines exists & either make the price higer or even better imo to put a ristrict.

Example:You can refil you energy 3times/day/family

An alternative maybe would be less energy consumption at spots that use to be for exp (herbs).

The real problem with this moove (to wipe wines) is not the income,but many people who even bought life books (old & news) kama blessing,tailoring coupons for gatheres,manos jewels etc etc to boost their exp brackets,now they cant exp anymore.

#9 Gretsia, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2020
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  10. Lord_Xenon

@Gretsia
    >>You have ABSOLUTELY no chanse to come close to me because you CANT spam herbs anymore simply because you dont have any energy to use,no wines so you will never have any chanse to be equal with me at lvls meaning less mastery as well.<<

First. As if people used HQW solely for Xp reason... Second YOU can do the same. Guess what? You make more profit doing it then too! So the only one HELPED would be YOU with higher mastery. Not the lower one!

>>
    If you are familiar with grinding i will give you this example.
    You are 58 lvl & i am 62.
    And PA/Kakao for w/e reason decide to take out Mirumok (or any other high exp grind spot).
    So we both have to grind Hystria,Aakman,stars end etc etc.
    And suddenly you have zero chanse to close to me to lvls...<<

Biggest fail. Do you even grind??? Because this is beyond belief stupid. Even when they would reduce it to just 1 grindspot someone will EVER catch you in level as long as the grindspot give reasonable Xp values(so no jokes like 1 combat XP). With marni making a huge dent in leveling from 61 to 62, after that it falls off. So that alone is a gap closer. And with the exponential increasing Xp requirements(or reduce of Xp gains from sources), getting +1 level is way more difficult than the level before that. That mean you have another gap closer. So no you will never be +1 level ahead grinding the same spot looking at a long enough time.

So what next wait?

>>I feel that gathering should be nerfed (i am full time lifeskiller) but not to be wiped.
    I think they should let wines exists & either make the price higer or even better imo to put a ristrict.<<

It was necessary to remove that perpetuum mobile for gathering. It became ridiculous with higher and higher mastery. Only thing I don't understand is why they didn't remove it with mastery implementation. Maybe they feared the hate? Instead they maybe trusted that the lifeskiller wouldn't abuse it to much. And a higher price would change nothing, except changing the gap in which it's still profitable. And a restriction would again just benefit those with high mastery. Also something this suggestion seem to be made to be against!

>>Example:You can refil you energy 3times/day/family<< Only profit the ones with high mastery.

In your whole post, you don't even explained a bit how your suggestion would be. Instead you posted BS and nonsense to deflect that you just want to create a new loophole for gathering.

This whole suggestion only tries to bring back infinite gathering.

#10 Lord_Xenon, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2020
  11. sthammack57

sthammack57 LedHammack Lahn 62 NA

I have a suggestion to consider, some of the repeatable quest rewards could be altered to include energy recovery. For example instead of just xp (be it lifeskill or character level) give the choice of xp OR energy recovery.

12. Gretsia

I wont be bothered to answer you cause simply you are clueless when you dont even know that most of the wine usage happened at Behr for exp reasons,meaning grinding lvls & mastery.

I am in one of the biggest lifeskills guild (maybe the biggest) & i know what i am talking about.
    So its pointless to make you understand things that you dont want to...

The dedicated lifeskillers can keep gathering with one or the other way.
    The new ones are doomed to stay at low lvls.'
    So simple,so clear...

13. Debra

Or you know, the people who spent time gathering knowledge for higher energy actually now get a pay off for all that effort. In reading the developer notes I believe that was the point.

The timing ofc was awful, Manos was out in KR for how long? Surely they knew this existed yet waited until now to address it.

14. Vortexii

10 hour gathering wasn't about fun or obtaining a ranking. It was a simple abuse to obtain absurd rewards. In the same way SMH wasn't really very good either. It's just people's way to exploit anything they can.

Make Grass Beetles drop 500,000 silver per and naturally everyone will be farming Grass Beetles.

15. Gretsia

10 hours grinding for your exp & loots its fun i guess doing circles the same 10 packs of mobs at braindead grind mode,but 10 hours gathering at Behr,herbs doing exactly the same isnt yeah...?

16. Lord_Xenon

With one of the core features(energy) turned into nonsense no. You weren't handicapped by energy anymore and every braindead know this at which point mastery fulfilled that.

You are just seeking the next loophole for infinity gathering with the excuse of 'helping lower ones'.

17. Gretsia

Obviously you dont understand that when someone sinks 100bil+++in lifegear that doesnt called ''loophole'' but hardcore investment to grind in lifeskills.
    And no i was NEVER energy handicapped because wine existed from day 1 of the game,keep make your self looking fool ''YOING''
    But as i said earlyer you dont understand so i just sympathise you...

18. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

Well... its still investment. Over waaaaaaay longer time now.

19. Gretsia

you're kindding me right?

20. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

a bit, yea.

but i know how u feel. my class performs like **** in endgame pve compared to most others.

imagine if you got 1700 mastery but the other dude gets 30% more with 1200 mastery.