1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gathering mastery needs a nerf

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Blitzball, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Lord_Xenon

I can't tell, but when that thing is a magical, then her 'mastery' is 600 and less(no mastery at all just the toolbonus+other buffs).

2. Gretsia

I dont know if you are a troll or you speak seriusly...
    What means rank 5 gathering?Skilled 2 or Guru 15?
    What have to do the Green draught with mastery & gathering appart from exp?
    What fluids are those,for real?
    Are you even real?

Life2v and v.klishev like this.
  3. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

I believe he means the gathering level (the stats where you see attack speed, movement speed, fishing, gathering etc)
    But guy is clueless anyway, who cares.

4. Rügenwalder Pommersche

oh **** thats so pointless it has to be true

Kauni likes this.
  5. Blitzball

Gathering mastery still not nerfed yet... I see more and more people at butchering spots making insane amount of money. D:<

6. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

What's the issue with that? I personally think it's a step in the right direction. Giving players more viable options in silver making. I think all lifeskills should earn as much as gathering.

Shouldn't you be happy that there are less people at your grind spots now? Why is a bad thing that lifeskiller make as much as monster grinders? Please help me see this rational!

7. Fingercuffs

How about just leave gathering as it is, it's not OP for money as you are not on an unlimited energy pool so you can make a 100-200m/hour a couple times a week depending on how you play your character so what. If you do not like that play some aspect of the game, I do not understand complaining about this as anyone can do it same when they were complaining about CP from cooking being too much so they nerfed it which made no sense as anyone can cook just the lazy people who complain about what someone else has that they think they should be given it for free. Put in the effort like others have and play your game and quit worrying what others have. ;-)

RoxiAmbrosia and Fearless V like this.
  8. Catastigma

Grinding get 300% profit boost in less that 3 week.

Just need the new Black spirit support ( global lab)
    And Grinding become 200-300m/h

Come on. LUL

9. Wodahs

Artisan and Professional gathering needs a buff plz , when !!!!....... people need to be able to make money at life skilling to keep up with grinding and other such things D:<

RoxiAmbrosia and Fearless V like this.
  10. ragingphoinix

Actually, that's false. You can buy high quality wine and trade them in for energy at most tavern owners. For me, it's 30m to replenish at 458 energy. So you can gathering endlessly. It cuts into profit margin a little bit but you'll come out ahead overall.

[​IMG]This is me at 1250 mastery yesterday at wolves for one hour, and I didn't zero out energy for the hour (had 80 left).

11. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

And there is nothing wrong with that imo. When you factor in tax and energy refill costs you will land somewhere around 80m/h at 1250 mastery. Can be slightly more depending on market prices at the time and your shards/caphra rolls but its nothing insane. You start getting into the big numbers at over 1.5k mastery which in turn requires a lot more to be invested to reach it.

They can't. because its not a rational argument, its emotional. They just feel that nobody that doesn't kill mobs in a circle all day should make the same or more silver, pretty weird if you ask me.

12. crosspath

Yeah!!! I see more and more people grinding!!! Mobs should stop dropping items after the 1000th kill!!!! Not fair, I don't want to spend time grinding so let's nerf it!!!D:<

I don't want to barter neither so remove it all!!! No one should get silver from bartering as I won't be getting any...

(Just wanted to mock this guy, don't kill me grinders, nooooo)

#152 crosspath, Jan 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  13. ragingphoinix

I wasn't arguing for a nerf for it, no. I think it's absolutely fine as it is. But the few in the thread that think you can't gather endlessly or that people are pulling the numbers that they're pulling are either sub 650 mastery, ignorant of how and where you can do this, or both. That was the point in showing that. It gives a viable alternative to grinding, if you don't like it, and I don't see more options to progress as an issue. It's no where near the level of SMH.

14. zhagsten

With TET green stuff, you get around +600 mastery. It's "cheap" but good luck reaching 1000 (you need at least Master 30).
    And if you start spending billions in Manos, well, you'll need hundreds of hours of gathering just to get your investment back.
    It doesn't sound too exciting if gathering wasn't already your favourite activity.

15. Prochilles

I always get the feeling from op that he is trying to manipulate. "Oh, nerf this ... I'm making so much money.... Here is exactly how much and oops this slip of paper informing the masses how to achieve the same broken results..." Idky but every post I read by blitz has this feeling to it.

RoxiAmbrosia likes this.
  16. Blitzball

Dude, i see like 10 times more people at Forest of Seclusion than Hystria Ruins. This is not normal. Gathering income is busted and needs a nerf. The requirement for gathering is nowhere near the requirement needed to grind at Hystria. You need to learn rotations , skill rotations and class specific stuff such as add-ons , crystals , etc. You also need a tons of lootscroll ( mandatory to have a good income )

What’s the requirement for gathering ? You only need to have TET loggia gear , it’s like 2 billions. AND NOTHING ELSE. Spam ONE KEY for hours on dead corpses. Even a 3yo kid can do this.
    You don’t need to learn anything , your class doesn’t matter, no lootscrolls needed. D:<

So yes, a braindead activity with such a low requirement must have a LOW income ! :D

17. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

You can do it too, why is your way of playing the game the only way that people should be able to make silver?

RoxiAmbrosia and Wodahs like this.
  18. MarsKiller

MarsKiller Ranger 62 EU

You almost say it like it takes just seconds to get TET Loggia gear. You can't relay on the MP since everyone else is trying to buy one as well. And if a item get sold on the MP. It will pretty sure come from those who finaly got their Manos replacement. So if you want that "easy" Loggia gear you gonna be forced to enjoy your old black spirit RNG friend. Hope you don't mind that FS don't work on those items. So GL getting your TET Loggia gear with 5% chance (If not less).

If it's so easy. Then why not doing it yourself?

RoxiAmbrosia, Wodahs and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  19. crosspath

Then go gather and stop crying.

With loggia you get ****, meat price is going down, fragment price is going down, caphras price is going down, as a guy that does not gather you think too high of your knowledge. And ENERGY costs money if you want to gather continuously.

A full energy bar gives me around 12000 meat with my HIGH mastery spending a TON of billions, a full energy bar cost me the equivalent of 6000 meat at current price, so paying for energy gives me 6k meat an hour and the extra fragments, caphras are **** in meat... Such a business, yeah, far better than grinding, in your dreams.

Some people still hunting SMH ghost... Go nerf yourself.

#159 crosspath, Jan 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    Suraana, Wodahs, kenshin210 and 3 others like this.
  20. RoxiAmbrosia

As a person who has basically gathered as a profession in this game. I worked very hard for that mastery and it's **** you think they should take that from us. :\

I hate grinding, I should be able to make money and play the way I want to.

Suraana, Wodahs, Fearless V and 2 others like this.