1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gathering mastery needs a nerf

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Blitzball, Dec 27, 2019.

1. OHiei

what wolves are those?

2. Gretsia

Wait what?Again you?
    2 week before you laught at me that gathering is good money!!
    Keep us entrertained pls :D

You are so clueless that hurts my eyes!!
    Probably you didnt notice that the PRICE of EACH TET Manos Jewel COSTS as much as a PEN KUTUM OR NOUVER & 1 SET of those until recently use cost 120billions!!!!
    BECAUSE with TRI Green you dont do more than 70m/h so PLEASE stay with your Asula set & stop bullshiting around!!
    We have to make a special category in this forum exclusive for YOU & JANNA (or how she/he called) who wins the competition of the most innacurate guy!!
    Asula set vs Kalis (its gona be a struggle to decide).
    Keep us entrertained :D

RoxiAmbrosia, Wodahs and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  3. ragingphoinix

The ones near Forest of Seclusion by Western Gateway. They moved them a bit east of where they were originally but there are plenty of large packs of them, along with a few boars to butcher. Not great for xp or anything but since Bher is usually contested depending on what channel or time of day, it's a decent alternative if you need meat (I'm also a guru cook and do imperial). Also fairly close to Velia so you can replenish your energy quickly too.

RoxiAmbrosia likes this.
  4. OHiei

im kinda new what do people gather near bher?

5. ragingphoinix

Herbs, because of the respawn rate and xp there (best in the game for gathering xp I believe with Pilgrim Haven being second), and deer meat. You can find the herbs just outside the south exit on either side (there are two roads leading out, take the one closest to the river) and then deer just a little bit more south like you're going to Kama. You'll know you got to where they are because there's bats in the back. They respawn about as quick as the herbs do there.

RoxiAmbrosia likes this.
  6. OHiei

thank you

ragingphoinix likes this.
  7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

on bottlenecked crap like rainbow button mushrooms u are cheering for every ****ing hedgehog proc as it means you have to spend lees time in that stupid lsd forest :D

RoxiAmbrosia likes this.
  8. Blitzball

I do since months. I hate it , but it’s busted. I’m forced to gather instead of grinding.

9. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

You are not forced to do anything in their game. You can gather until energy is depleted grind until it is back and then gather some more. Have you ever heard of balance?

#169 Phoenixxx75, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    Silver99, RoxiAmbrosia and Wodahs like this.
  10. Blitzball

I mean i’m forced to do this if i want to be efficient. Grinding is trash without lootscroll so i have no reasons to stop gathering, even if i must buy HQ wine. But tbh i can’t spam gathering all day long, i must take a break every hours to preserve my sanity :D

11. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

This is a game, a game should be fun. Min/maxing is stupid if you are not enjoying yourself in my opinion. If you do not like gathering don't do it.

Wodahs likes this.
  12. Wodahs

but just coz you dont like it dont whinge to cripple others who do
    if you want the money put up with it or dont put up with it and forget bout the income , but for christ sake stop going on just coz your not happy that some one else may like it or do it

#172 Wodahs, Jan 20, 2020
    Fearless V and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  13. RoxiAmbrosia

Lawd have mercy, yes. As a person who "got lucky" getting a T4 hedge out of an RNG box (on my third attempt...) I literally pray for hedge procs in Polly

[​IMG]

Mastery score pl0x and gear screenshot ty.

14. Maginha

Hahaha blitzi... still not able to pull 120m per h grinding? KEKW Add to that to pull the 112m in your first post you have to have the energy, if the pool is empty you have a good cut in the $/h, add to this that all the prices went down for the things you posted its pretty low $/h, if you dont manage to get that while grinding end game spots... well... gg

I do both things with pretty good gear and its balanced fine dude.

RoxiAmbrosia likes this.
  15. RoxiAmbrosia

This is the stupidest **** I have seen on these forums in a while. The life skill mastery system is DESIGNED to be an option for END GAME life skillers. If people want to sell their gear and do life skilling instead wtf is the issue with that? We work very hard for our money, we spend a lot of time on life skilling. We've earned those privileges as the equivalent of someone who grinds x days x hours x months in this game. How expensive is TET boss gear? I'll answer that. Expensive. Regardless if you get carried by RNGesus by enhancement, fail miserably and spend countless mems, or you buy it. That is no different than how expensive the initial investment is for life skill gear - it is working as intended.

Why should I be punished for WORKING to INCREASE my mastery score just because you're crying about it? Abuse it? They made a choice to SELL their gear and do life skilling instead. I highly doubt the general population of BDO suddenly decided they didn't like grinding and abandoned that to become an abhorred no-life-lifeskiller.

First, I make 979,041 per Guru cooking box. I can turn in 181 boxes a day at present. That is 177,206,421 silver per day. Guru boxes, I am Guru 20 cooking. I worked my ass off for it, and now I get to reap the benefits and rewards of all my leveling, time, and silver investments. I gather for a lot of those ingredients to support that 181 boxes a day I turn in. I do not have a kama blessing running unless it is given out to me for free by BDO. Until BDO changes the blessing to 30 day, I wont ever consider spending real money on it and I would also rather spend my one pearl item pre-order on a value pack so I don't ever pre-order them. I can lay in a bed half the day when I am not home or when I am too busy at work to pay attention to my personal computer to regain my energy.

I do have a T4 hedgehog that I paid out the nose for, because my investment in BDO was for the lifeskilling. My hoe gathering master is 1035 and I don't get the results you're posting here as may other people have pointed out... So it sounds like BS. I have made ALL of my manos clothes, tools, and nearly all of my Loggia acc MYSELF, which was very expensive. Your comparison to people selling TET boss gear for full TET manos is ridiculous TET manos costs at least double, if not triple ( I am not getting exact costs, that was pointed out on another post earlier ) than boss gear does. I don't see a reason to invest in manos acc at the moment and I am plenty happy with the rewards I get from what I have. Cap the meat price? The price reflects the demand because of the Imperial Cooking rework. I never touched imperial anything in my entire two years playing bdo until the Imperial Reword was released.

EDIT: I am full TET boss, full TRI acc and I still life skill and didn't sell **** to trade around. That argument is probably done by less than 2% of the entire BDO population at large.

TLDR: Stfu and sit down. Gather and be happy with your results or log out.

That might be the greatest call out in the entire history of the forums. Beautiful.

Gathering is one of my most favorite activities to do in this game. Underwater gathering is so relaxing, get stoned, gather, profit. Just because you think it's boring doesn't mean ****.

Wut? The mastery system wasn't added to the game for grinders, it was added as end game content for LIFE SKILLERS. Christ almighty.

#175 RoxiAmbrosia, Jan 20, 2020
    Suraana, Gretsia and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  16. crosspath

Show us your mastery, want to laugh a bit, forced to gather he says, what a bad troll xD

Loggia gathering, with loggia you can't even pay the wine LUL.

RoxiAmbrosia likes this.
  17. RoxiAmbrosia

I use TET / TRI loggia acc and TRI manos clothes / tools. I get 1035 mastery, but yeah I said the same thing above. Where is the screenshot of his mastery / gathering level / life skill gear. He's full of ****.

18. Icywave

5-6b for 1 tri manos accessory :) , 20b+ for a tet manos ring

600-800m for 1 regular tri grinding accessory , 5-6b now for a tet accessory?

base price 1 mano necklace... 180m silver
    base price 1 laytenn ... 63m silver

Can't even cron your outfits either , only thing you can cron is your tool for gathering. You are gated behind pure 100% rng that can't be manipulated at all with FS for both outfit and jewelry.

And you want equal return? Ah you truly just don't understand what investment for return is do you in this game. Work the market a little bit and you will see how it works I promise you.

You are truly naive, if you can't understand this fact in the game, I would probably think about quitting because that IS the end game in this game whether it's grinding, whether it's life skilling or enhancing for profit like mickin or biohack.

Also, post some screenshots of your gear with these #'s you're claiming.

RoxiAmbrosia and Wodahs like this.
  19. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

wtf u smoking,

even if u outright buy geranoa tet jewlery and blue tet clothes+ tool, you are making so much **** its beyond most grinding with several times the required effort.

aynone buying tri manos accs for prices they are today obviously cut math class or cant read how much what gear gives.

#179 WhySoSeeryus, Jan 20, 2020
  20. Blitzball

I have 1065 mastery with food. I'm Master 13 gathering.

Here's my lifeskill gear :

[​IMG]

More than enough to beat grinding income. :D