1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gear diversity? Rebalance Renown?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by WhiteShadowXXL, Oct 19, 2018.

1. WhiteShadowXXL

Can it finally happen now or do we have to wait for Drieghan to happen...

255 AP ranger can still oneshot 408 DP Zerk

2. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Not one shot, you probably mean kill you in one combo

WhiteShadowXXL likes this.
  3. WhiteShadowXXL

yes i mean one combo

my bad

4. Spartakatz

and if he couldn't, you would be unkillable for him. not much left for ranger except some burst damage. you would cry tears if your zerk had that small amount of protection.

5. Rysingmoon

While a Ranger cannot one shot anyone, 235 AP Zerker (with Q buff, Titan Blow and Flow: Ancient Wave) can actually one shot a 275 AP ranger, or even 5 at once.

You may invest more in AP than in DP. :D

But I agree, the renown score bonus needs to be removed. I am not a fan of one shots, especially since I (as Ranger) am not able to do this :D while this happens frequently to Rangers (ok, possibly requires two skills or one quick combo).

But, you know, this would mean, that you have to give up on your OP skill Ancient Wave first!

6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

renown doesnt even give that much bonus, AP scaling does. there is the real problem.

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  7. Rysingmoon

You are right.

When I refer to "Renown Score" I also mean the extra AP/DP bonus since they have been introduced with the Renown Score and there's no other name for this than "AP/DP bonus". But strictly, these are different bonus. I will be more explicit in the future.

And I agree, while the Renown Score is somewhat OKish, the AP bonus is definitely not.

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  8. WhiteShadowXXL

thats the point.. i could be killable with that amount... but not when i'm at 100% HP. Especially against one single char...
    I honestly don't know how much damage you would say a 400+ DP Class should take.
    I can't kill anyone with 130 AP not even barely doing damage. The full combo damage
    with ancient wave does damage that is equal to one HP-Pot. Everyone outheals me more with pots than i do. (except zerker heal skills of course)
    Ever taken damage from 130 AP? Well it is as the same as taking damage from Sausans. Just not significant.

Tank Roll is screwed up...

we zerkers have more SA but no iframe... rangers have iframes but less SA... protection wise we are equal depending on large scale

I have nothing against two AP classes mashing their faces against each other (well yes Ancient Wave needs a bit of damage reduction)

you are right... currently it is. DP builds are worse than AP builds because we do not benefit enough bonusses from Renown and DR scaling.
    but some more bonusses for pure DP builds would be nice to at least be more useful in large scale (don't get me wrong, we shouldn't get more AP but more DP)

choovanski and Chaos Ronin like this.
  9. Decem

10. Spartakatz

the dash iframe is super short, like a quarter of a second, nowhere comparable to skills having SA over a pretty long duration. granted i don't know that much about zerkers, but ranger has pretty much next to none protection. the long ranged stuff and a somewhat bursty combo is really all he has. you should try playing the class, it becomes obvious pretty fast when you pvp.

11. WhiteShadowXXL

the dash is decent... iframe every 3 seconds but not very fast compared to zerker shake off spam
    then there is her backflip with again: iframe and stifness if used correctly
    she can avoid damage pretty well but not for a long duration like zerkers do... thats for sure

played her for almost one year
    i made experiences with her in RBF and i think i know how to properly play the class. squishy but tricky if played correctly

12. Zhev

is there any hope that this oneshot fiesta ends? i had quit the game 2 month ago and instantly regret returning after the first siege. the mass pvp is so bad at this point

13. Jaeger

One shot online xD

14. Spartakatz

ofc i know those skills. but they last very short and there are LOT of CCs in fights.
    so do you really think rangers are a problem in the current era of ninjas, kunos, strikers and mystics?

15. WhiteShadowXXL

Rangers aren't.

I've never said that they are much of a problem right now compared to classes that have constant iframes.
    Classes avoid getting damage with different skills and mechanics and also being a meatshield.
    I've just compared that rangers have iframes to avoid damage, debuffs and grabs (even if they are short, they are still iframes)
    while the Zerker only has SA but with more duration.

Anyway the other classes you mentioned are indeed problems in the current meta. Can't decline that.

16. Spartakatz

I'd gladly trade those 2 iframes for a couple of longer lasting SA skills, because CCs are still the absolute kings in the game and decide pretty much all fights. It's basically the source of all whining. Nobody pulls off his burst on a moving target. Or can you easily kill a Musa because his perma SA dash is no iframe? That's not how it works.

Your argument is very poor just saying "they have 2 iframes so they can avoid damage" when you completely ignore that one iframe lasts 0.2seconds and the other one has a 12sec CD. What about the rest of the time? Duration of SA, and gaps in SA when chaining skills, that's the most important thing when it comes to defense.

Rasta667 likes this.
  17. Rysingmoon

I wish you were right here, but sadly Rangers do not have any protection that really works well. The i-frame's duration is in the 0.2 and 0.4 seconds range and either do not fully cover the whole duration of the skill or/and there is no useful follow up skill that is protected as well or inflicts a useful CC or damage and enables the Ranger to engage or disengage for a duration longer than half a second. It's very common to get CCed immediately after the i.frame skill or oven during the post animation.

Same for SA. There's no skill that is fully protected with SA or FG. And the same issue as above applies in addition to their extra ordinary long CD.

18. Rysingmoon

Using it correctly also includes you have EES on the hot bar. Can you explain why this is necessary?

19. WhiteShadowXXL

but that is what iframes do.. avoiding damage, CC and debuffs even having a 0,2 second period of using or having a cooldown of 12 seconds on evasive explosion shot... You cannot decline that. What happens next is that you will most likely die to something that is in your face and that is where i totally agree with you... Never said that you can avoid damage forever. If certain skills are used then you will most likely die...
    This is where i said that zerkers can withstand longer because they have more SA. The difference between having an iframe or not having an iframe is quite significant. I'll suggest you to try playing the class for a month or two and you will see why having at least 1 iframe is more important than just trying to be defensive in lagre scale just with SA and FG. Especially with Mystic and Valks Vacuum existing.

No i can't. I'd like to hear why.