1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gear reset

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hekki, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Hekki

Right now need absurdly high gear to even enter PvP in this game. And we talk here about PEN gear that have under 1% enchant rate and ready costs go into hundread of milions silver (almost). Even if try IS way that is around 30-40 000$ to buy full PEN gear. This is completly out of reach for anyone who is behind. And reason may be various - first accounts had random luck stat that was never fixed, break in game or just starting.
    As every other MMORPG game, this game need periodically some gear reset that change the gear meta.

It may be done by 2 ways:
    - new enchant levels and increase rate of old ones.
    - completly new gear that even at low enchants is better than current PEN

Blitzball likes this.
  2. Akeno

Akeno Sorceress 62

an idea that I think would be good is to leave open world pvp uncapped but rbf and node/sieges to have a capped gear score to create a fair playing space

3. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

T1 node wars have capped AP/DP.. there you go.

And no, removing gear enchant levels would be absurd.

Making new enchant level, sure. But no, don't make previous enchant easier to achieve... Why should it be hard for some and easier for others? Thats not fair.

4. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Imagine crying about gear in gear progression MMORPG game when you registration date before game came out.

5. Blitzball

I agree with OP.

PEN enhancement rate needs to be increased. This is not acceptable to have 3% chance to succeed with 100FS. The cost of failure is too damn high ( the struggle to get TET again , or 1,2 billions of silvers if you buy cron stones from the blacksmith ).

Nowadays , you HAVE TO wear PEN gear to just SURVIVE MORE THAN 2 SECONDS in PVP. This is unacceptable.

Easy solutions :

1) Increase PEN enhancement success rate ( something like 10% with 100FS )
    2) Bring back the old price of Cron stones from the blacksmith ( 1 million silvers each , instead of 2 currently )
    3) Nerf 261 / 265 / 269 AP brackets

BloodLeshen and Hekki like this.
  6. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

You have a guaranteed method to force Tet or Pen, and you now have BlackStar which is already on that path for invalidating previous gear and upgrades. All things in good time.

7. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Exactly. But OP wants it even easier, while others have to work for it. Getting PEN is as easy as just playing the game.

8. Artorias_Dusk

Just ******************** go grind. We struggled with our gear the same as everyone else. Someone has Pen? They earned it! Easy as that. I'm fare from good gear nowadays, but I know what it takes to get there. Just ****************grind or leave.

#8 Artorias_Dusk, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2019
  9. Alcathoe Noctis

I have no pen... Everything tet is enough to fight(270/272/296). You may buy tet in the market now. That's no diffuiculty, just grind some time. If you want to survive longer, play a hybrid class with much Eva. You rock the node wars. It's that easy. Hybrid build is even cheaper.

10. Hekki

Ofc people who have already PEN does not want change. It will make you force to grind again and break your rutine, farm some node war, siege etc and after 2-3h log out. It create very hermetic society and faster or latter it will kill the game. Old players getting bored and leaving, while new players and comming players have nothing to loking for. Do you really expect someone to waste whole year of life to grind just to catch up top and be able to even start PvP?

Blackstar is more PvE weapon than PvP. End even in this case is not far better than Kzarka with Caphras. Almost impossible to make PEN, even TET almost nobody have. Meta is still PEN Kzarka with Caphras. So that is not reset.
    And even if so, that is only one weapon. Need reset on entire gear. secondary weapon, awakening weapon, armors and accesory.

Good example what I means is Lineage 2 grade system where every 1-2 patch contained new grade items and old one was easier to get.

This game is about grind. It can happen. Even node wars and sieges are about income. Point is to make it reasonable

11. WinterMilla

Are you talking about caphras stones? If so that's a pain to obtain unless you just print money on the daily. Imo Craphas is just the reknown score the second coming, not to to get tets and pens.

Capitaine Courage and Factorial like this.
  12. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

4.2 bil every 11 days I can make...yup, it can be printed

13. WinterMilla

cool for you, now how about the rest of us?

14. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

anyone can, >.> there are so many ways to make money its nuts

15. WinterMilla

ok list the ones that make you a bil a week that isn't tied to a specific group of class or AP bracket or Guild pay

16. Akeno

Akeno Sorceress 62

you're right the game is about grind but doesn't mean that it cant be capped in those areas it would be a benefit to all guilds to have a set limit to player strength as then it would come down to attendance and actual player skill rather than a gear dependency as far as income goes it makes sense guilds should work as a team for bigger payouts guild missions and smh or go through the politics of gaining a node through alliances

@Hekki

17. DatGruntGuy

The amount of damage people do is just stupid high now dp/evasion does almost nothing fights are over in seconds there needs to be a damage nerf for pvp with gear that people have now it will only get worse as the game older and higher ap levels

Hekki likes this.
  18. Rügenwalder Pommersche

u wont get 1b per week by scratching ur balls - and the better ur gear etc the more u make

i personally dont lifeskill (execpt afk fishing) but ive seen multiple ppl claiming gathering and hunting making them 50m per hour - so thats 3h of lifeskilling a day for the 1b

if u have 235 kutum u make more money at manshaum so thats also 3h a day for 1b (super easy to achieve nowadays)

if u have a sailboat and do smh (which everyone can do just join a guild its actually really easy)

i really dont see ur problem, ofc the money wont just jump into ur warehouse u need to do something for it, and the more u have done beforehand the more u will earn

idk whats wrong with ppl these days wanting everything but not willing to put in the effort - events are so broken and reward so much silver
    1. terrmian event will give u 8x shakatu boxes II (better than the usual ones) for 5 mins per day
    2. we had the tri acc event
    3. we had multiple fishing events where u could make billions afk
    and etc.

and before u say "but i said without ap bracket/guild pay"

why should anyone who does not fulfill certain req. get a shitload of money
    everyone started low and someone who cant pull 1b a week - does not NEED it and does not deserve it

LittleBabe likes this.
  19. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

How about the rest of us? Go grind or go lifeskills or something towards making silver, sitting here on forums and crying about it definitly not making you any silver thats for sure.

20. WinterMilla

I fish when I'm afk
    I grind when I'm active
    Very very rarely will I do quest unless its in my grind spot. Nice try trying to assume what I do in game vs forums.
    Never said I was unable to make money I just wanted to hear how people made 1bil without being a certain class or didn't have uber amounts of AP.

Terrmain is temp so I'm not gonna count that in any guides.
    2. ok
    3. How long does one have to afk to get 1bil?

Not everyone body wants hand outs, but does it really feel good to spend 1 ~ 2bil a week just to have your gear blow up in your face?