1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gear reset

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hekki, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Foo

Foo

daily quests/farming/afk fishing overnight aakman is also pretty nice but less money now because of nerfs rip

2. EgoAge

EgoAge Lahn 61 NA

Imagine having a gear reset in BDO, similar to the ones "Theme Park" MMOs have.... :D Even if enhancing was easier... that would be horrible.

3. Blitzball

So , you have time to manage the library AND to grind 10 hours a day ? You're a champ, haha :D

4. Hekki

I gave as example Lineage 2 with periodic new whole grade items. Is the Lineage 2 a "theme park" for you?

5. BloodLeshen

If they make this game easier so everyone reach softcap in a month and Pen gear in 3 months then everyone would quit soon.

Currently they already made it way easier to catch up, Leveling to 61 is quick. Im not that keen on Blackstar and the new end content but that is only because it makes the gap even bigger between new players and high ap players.

1.) I will say that they should make enhancing guaranteed after a certain amount of fails on an item because I'll tell you if you are not rng carried it sucks. Most of my items failed 10 times to tet and that is from 60fs +. All my items did go through luckily before a 15th fail apart from Nouver which went to TET on the 16th try on 104fs.. So I would say make something like 10 fails then guarantee it with a 50 durability tap or something. Because people that have played as long as I have already got 270ap just from being rng carried and tapped PENs on 50fs where I fail TRI yellow on 70fs constantly

2.) Pen caphras should be removed. Clean Pen should be end game.
    3.) Ap brackets should be adjusted especially teh 261 ap jump..
    Also Nerf evasion slightly but buff DP in general if pen caphras gets removed. 1--2 taps shouldn't be possible

6. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

-Kama dailies for t9 mats 40m per day for 70-80 minutes of work
    -Workshops that require 2hs gathering every second day for 50m per day
    -Gathering at 400energy with arti1+ gatherer fluctuates between 40 and 65m per energy pool depending on whether it is fever time or not.no hedgehog.
    -Hotspot fishing with 75 inventory slots 40-65m per 2 hours depending on trade level.
    -Taming horses while gathering can safely net ~20m every 2-3 days.Or 20m in 2hs. Highly rng related.
    -Every second week rifts will make you ~100m minimum.
    -Flipping gear on the cmp for ~20-30m. Requires vp.
    -Buying cheap +13/14 greens/blues and getting then to duo is easy profit

Just by fishing i was making 200m/d untill i got 10b in 6 weeks (including rift gains).
    Got bored, did the first 3 + taming for a month untill i got bored. ALready got 5b from these activities.
    Now i am back to grinding. Doing aakman now for the compass. first day as a sorc there got me 150m after tax in 4hs.

When i get bored i ll do something else.

#26 Angar, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  7. Myntiix

I honestly dont wäeven know what to say about ops post.

8. Hekki

Seems like you do not understand what I means. Gear reset will alllow to catch up in 1-3 months but softcap will raise alot by this. So no, it means oportunity to catch u and same time force people that are currently abowe soft cap to grind again.
    Right now rich people getting even richer. People under the soft cap have no way to catch up in reasonable time. Who do you think want to waste one year of life on grind just to be able to even start PvP?

9. BloodLeshen

Ive been playing 1 year almost now and I only have 240AP so not sure what you are complaining about.

10. Rügenwalder Pommersche

1. but we have events like that all the time with free money for little to no effort (shai event etc)
    2. ok. that was only an event where everyone got insane amounts of silver thrown at their face
    3. does it matter? its purely afk so no effort again - for tons of silver

PS: i actually forgot about rifts so thats even more free money which is not gated behind gear etc

11. Andaro

Ambassador

No. I don't think I am going to sit here and tell everyone how I make money.

There have been countless players, Streamers, Guide Writers, and Min/Maxers that have tried to tell, and are still telling, everyone how to make buttloads of silver in many and multiple ways, and many of those people are far far more skilled and better than myself. If folks haven't followed their advices by now then I can not help them.

I may occasionally give a tip to the Discord or friend, but otherwise google is your friend.

#31 Andaro, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  12. Andaro

Ambassador

Actually no, which is why my personal progression came to a near halt since October.
    I have been taking a bit more time here lately for myself.

I actually like to grind, it was all we had in old-game. No lifeskills :( , no feeshes

13. Lord_Xenon

Honestly I don't see a use in reset of gear. It may be useful for PvP, but even there you can have different leagues, gear caps etc. to avoid that gearroulette.
    And when I look at PvE it looks like total BS. When you can do Gyfin but are thrown back to mediah gear-wise and need all the way back to upgrade to do Hystria, then I don't see anything useful in it. Either you can do the content more or less with every gear, then gear reset would be useless, or you would create a never ending circle of frustration to backprogress.

Catchup mechanics are a way better things. Like Asula, Questgear etc. instead of resetting everytime the gear to frustrate everyone.

14. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

Why would you even offer reset of gear if the whole game is based on gear progression... this is just plain dumb.

15. MagicalTabletopGirls

Whoa I was told I have to quit my job & live on welfare to catch up, and I complied. One year later still no PENs.

Blitzball likes this.
  16. Blitzball

Another PEN attempt today , failed ofc. Because i have less than 5% chance, lmfao. I'm done with this broken system. I did like 30+ attempts with Cron stones mostly bought from the blacksmith ( because i'm on EU , the hardmode of BDO lol ).

I'll just save money for 2 years afk and then let's see if i will have 22 billions silvers to buy a PEN Dande :D

Factorial likes this.
  17. Hekki

Exactly because game is based on gear progression. People who are active from past 3 years still must have something to do, and people who start must have more reasonable starting point.

18. Myntiix

Look guys you just wasted 3 years of your life getting to that point where you are right now and you earned it but yea you gotta do it again because Hekki is bad at this game and crying that people have better gear than him.

Sounds reasonable amirite?

19. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

Dude you just suck at this game.

9 months old in EU 273 274 307.
    Guildie who started 7 weeks ago is already at 215ap with tri kutum, kzarka and dande.
    Bought his boss armors 5 days ago and tomorrow he ll have the first one at tri.
    Another guildie who started 6 months ago is already at 240 242 305.

If you cant figure out how to make money despite having a shitload of info on the internet thats on you and not on the game.
    So NO. No to ****ing gear reset because you want it easy.
    Go play the ps4 version instead and have a fresh start there

20. Hekki

This is hard to call even minimum to enter PvP. And 9 months of life wasted for useless grind. And costs of 285 AP will require you next few months.

As I said, to be able to even enter the PvP need waste one year of life on grind. If you think that is healthy for game population you are wrong.
    Hermetic games always losing players slowly, but constanlty. Soon you will wake up without no fresh people in game.

Blitzball likes this.