1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gear reset

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hekki, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Whineseeker

I grinded mostly for exp, i get money selling enhanced gears and with dark rifts

2. Myntiix

Oh no :( this Fortune Teller Guru 69 right here told us the future of bdo. I should have kept my air pods in then i wouldnt know the future... silly me.

3. Myntiix

Yeah ok so what do you want to tell me???

4. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

So since you are not even close to these kinds of gearscores how do you really know that 285 is the new minimum to enter pvp?
    Oh wait you dont.

From 235+ you are actually able to defend your spot in 70% of your engagements assuming you are in proper spots.
    This means dont expect to not get **** raped if you go to hystria with 235.

The only grind i have done in this game was 4 months of sulfur mines and pila ku for the archeo map.
    The rest were life skilling 3-4hs per day.
    But yea, keep telling me how i waste my life grinding for hours and hours and hours.

Last but not least, according to you wasting 1year to get gear for pvp is not healthy for the game population.
    Guess what will happen if they reset gear. Everyone will have to do it again.

5. runbat

runbat 1

find a spot that nets you 30 mil/h, grind 5 hours per day for a week. you're welcome.

6. Blitzball

Most of the people have a real job and can't grind that much everydays.

But yea , you're right. If you play less than 5 hours per day , you'll not be able to progress except if you have the blessing of RNGesus and you tap every PEN with less than 5 attempts each :D

BloodLeshen likes this.
  7. runbat

runbat 1

true. i cannot grind this much/day either.
    then again i don't need this much money. i'd be happy about RNGesus granting me some one-tap-PENs though!
    gimme!

8. BloodLeshen

I dont agree with the topic but saying **** like that is dumb. Just because you have no life or is rng carried does not mean everybody is.

Nothing here is guaranteed and if you cannot grind a full 1 hour a day for money you wont really be able to buy much in 9 months. especially if that grind spot is Gahaz because you cant do miru because u need a coordinated team to at least do it in that hour so thats not an option.

Boss gear is not guaranteed either and if its not on the market you may never get one..I was lucky to get my boss weapons early on but took me 5 months to get my bhegs & dim tree.. and I got bhegs free in a box and Dim tree of teh new market place.. It took me 9 fails to make Dim tree TET and 14 fails to make Bhegs TET. Those fails wasn't in 1 night.. it was over the span of months because of mem frags and and mats required which there was none on the market and 1h a day does not really allow you to get enough mats.

RNG alone f#cks a player up. Some gets a Vells heart a week. Some gets TET accessories on 50fs.. others fail TRI on 80fs.. I mean I have failed TRI attempts consequentially 10+ times from 35fs up to 60fs.

So saying **** like you suck at this game does not really make any sense.

You do get that people with bad rng quits? For the exact reason they cannot progress.

So I get the guys point of view but I agree resetting gear in a game where gear takes a year + to get via doing stuff you dislike does not make any sense..

This is like Ark survival. Resetting servers just to do exactly what you have been doing the last couple of months? reason I quit our dedicated servers back then.

9. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

A few posts above i gave a list of activities that can get you 150-200m per 3-5hs per day and only 1 of them has a small part of killing monsters.

There are extremely easy ways to make money and with the new cmp everything is readily available.
    No rng required.
    No no-lifing required.

But yea lets ask for gear reset because some people either dont want to do a very basic google research on how to make money and/or dont want to put in the effort.

10. BloodLeshen

Like I said 1h a day after NW, dark rifts and wb and probably gvg.. 3-5h a day is still not 1h.. and no afk

I literally make money of dark rifts/ daily income / getting stuff for free Like Shais 58 was my main income this month.. what can I say I play casually and i pvp. I do what I love.. not wasting my time doing a bunch of crap I dislike. then I could just as well clean the house and wash the dishes during this time I want to relax. Also all these guides recommend CP, energy and afk and the moment I read those words I stop reading.

But yeah the point was don't just assume everybody gets lucky. U said ur friend will TRI all his gear tomorrow night. Thats all rng... I had a guildie drop his bhegs from 100-0 dura last night not even succeeding TRI once so rng can make or break your progression. This whole game is rng based. You just have to accept failure and be patient.

#50 BloodLeshen, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  11. Whineseeker

No need to lose your life grinding for gears.
    I’m at 261 and happy to stay like this for a while, i’ll focus on blackstar for now.
    They are giving lot of ways for new players to reach a decent gs in no time.
    Back in the days, getting a dandelion was a pain in the ass, why need to push it even further?

12. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

You dont make any ****ing sense.

You want to make afk income or not?You want to make billions with 1h per day? I really dont understand what you are trying to say in that part.

As for the guides that recommend cp, energy and afk you can always optimize it to work for you.
    You can actively cook with buffs to reduce time, afk fish with default inv space, use alts for more energy. Sure you wont make as much as som1 who has p2w costumes+storage+lodging and whatnot but it will still make you money.
    And when you get to the point where it is not profitable anymore you change activities.
    Keep in mind the only pearl items i own are a proc costume and grana p2w lodging so everything i post comes from a "freemium" players perspective.

As for the rng part, all the activities i mentioned did not include rng and are all active, i have no freaking idea why we are talking rng now. My guildie will get 1 item to tri, not all of them. The point there was that a 6-7 week old player already bought full tri boss weapons, base boss armors and has already started enhancing them to tri. And if som1 with no prior knowledge can get ~2b to buy tri boss weapons in 7 weeks, then everyone can and it is just a matter of entitled ****s wanting easy money cause they dont like certain activities that give easy money.

13. BloodLeshen

I never complained about making money I said it is not the same for everybody Just because 1 guy cant reach your AP in 12 months doesn't mean he sucks at the game. With ONE HOUR a day after NW I have tried lifeskilling crap .it doesnt work. grinding works better sadly even grinding 1h a day only gives about lets say 25mil clean profit with the AP I have.

Your argument is about getting more silver in that 1 hour from doing 500 different things while I'll tel you grinding is about the only thing that will give you silver in that 1 hour.. (ONE HOUR)

My argument is with that 700mil - 900mil a month from grinding + dark rifts + free money + very bad rng will not give you softcap in that time. let alone 270AP

14. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

Ok, now i get your point, thank you.
    Keep in mind that besides me i mentioned 2 more people that i play daily with.
    The 7w old mixes life skills with grinding.
    The other one is a pure grinder.
    I go balls deep in 1 activity and when i get sick of it i swap. Last time i went grinding it was 3-4 months ago when i reached 245 kutum.

Now regarding the 1h life skills vs 1h grinding it all comes down to the gathered item and grind spot.
    From my notes ~3 weeks ago:
    fever time, arti5 gather, lucky tools, 80', good session
    -3333 skins x 8300k = ~24m
    -3 sharps x 3m = 9m
    -9 hards x 1m = 9m
    -2 t9 mats = 4m
    -5 caphras = 12.5m
    -71 hard hides = 2.1m
    Total: ~60m pre tax

Bad session: 90 minutes, 430 energy, lucky blue tools, pro1 to pro4, seafood cron, life spirit stone, no fever time:
    2.5k skins = 20m
    2 sharps = 6m
    7 hards = 7m
    1 t9 mat = 2m
    1,6 caphra = ~3m
    hard hides = ~1m
    total: 39m pre tax

15. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

Trust me there isn't a single person who has BiS PEN full gear. Plenty of PEN to work for.

Having a PEN Ogre or PEN Crescent is far from "Hey I reached the highest point". Try getting PEN Tungrad necklace and PEN Tungrad rings. What about PEN Distortion earrings? I'm sure nobody has one yet, and def not 2. Plenty space to progress..

16. Capitaine Courage

Blitz, if you still play this "gamesino" in 2 years, you're definitely a lost cause

[​IMG]

Blitzball likes this.
  17. Blitzball

I'm already a lost cause , the addiction is real. But at least i play others games sometimes :D

18. Capitaine Courage

Some people here doesn't live on social welfare.

19. Capitaine Courage

At least you're conscious of the problem, that's the most important step, Michael is proud of you :)

20. runbat

runbat 1

yeah, no **** sherlock. btw. did you know that some people here don't even have a dog?

it was a suggestion. i spose you know what that is.