1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gearing Up (v2)

Discussion in 'Valkyrie' started by RopeDrink, Jun 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. RopeDrink

Hey folks, I'm once again looking for some reference points for the future of my Valkyrie's gear.

Following on from my previous thread, I've worked from 300 to to almost 460 renown. It's at this point where things will get very expensive (or boil down to event luck). It's safe to say I'm neither rich nor experienced with this process, so...

Here's my gear so far.

Now, I wager most will tell me that replacing the Asula items would be a good step. Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near wealthy enough to leap to boss-gear - even certain TRI blues that most players would laugh at cost a bit much for this old Valk - but it doesn't hurt to plan out the future and to get an idea of cheap alternatives or, failing that, a list of items to keep an eye out for.

For example, I got a Tungrad Earring from the event-box with market value of about 90-100mil -- if it cost that much (unupgraded) to buy/sell then there isn't a hope that I'd be able to fund upgrades for it, but I've held onto it anyway just in-case I botch some earrings in future.

Any recommendations? Maybe some 'keep an eye out' gear references for those who aren't swimming in silver? Any and all advice is appreciated!

#1 RopeDrink, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  2. Galatia

Galatia Hoshishinzui Valkyrie 62 EU

Hi man :)

Having been in a similar position, I would say given that we have had/have an accessory event on at the minute this would be a good plan:
    1) Sell that Tungrad - no use for it at the moment but the silver will be!
    2) Blue Coral Earrings at TRI - you can buy these for 165M if you can snipe a couple (or try enchanting them at 16/25/35 if you can get a bunch for not much)
    3) Mark of Shadows at TRI - as above

I know people will say don't waste your time or money but these are super cheap at the minute (2 months ago they were double the price...) so with a bit of luck you can really boost your gear score and go up a reknown level for a good AP boost.

4) Kutum - highest return on your current gear for the silver invested to boost your Reknown score but obviously harder to get and enchant
    5) Kzarka - probably the best first option but same as Kutum for pain and suffering
    6) Dande - obviously a good AP boost as well

Seraps and Tree belt are also worth looking at as they are cheap and not too painful if they blow up.

Doin't forget - at level 61 you get a free TRI RoCG - don't know your level but it's something to think about.

With the exception of the 3 pieces of boss gear none of the rest are BiS but they are good and most importantly cheap with good incremental boosts. I've certainly used them, still use some of them and I'm now here:
    https://bdoplanner.com/BelladonnaDuchCounter

Hope that is of some use and good luck :)

3. Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda Valkyrie 64 EU

Well, there are all sorts of good suggestions, but this time I would like to keep it rather short and simple. I believe the time has come for you to try and go for a better weapon. And I mean a real good one.

So I would suggest a Kzarka Longsword, I know a Dandelion Lancia sounds very tempting too, however I do believe in general a Kzarka should be somewhat easier to get. It will give you a considerable boost still, to your actual AP values and overall efficiency. After that the Lancia could follow and / or a Kutum shield too. Armour + accessories are OK for now, weapons / shield ho0wever will provide the most benefits. Just my humble opinion though...

4. RopeDrink

Cheers peeps. Well I can't say things aren't as expected - it seems down to the expensive yellows. I've dumped another Asula and snagged a second Red Coral (TRI) so I think that will be it from the accessory side unless event gives me something juicy. Indeed, seems like selling the Tungrad is the way to go.

Can't say I like the Blue Coral over the Red - given I spent considerably more time running than I do grinding (and given how two-button combo of ease basically fills up the SP meter by itself with no need for the heal or vow), I'll forgo swapping Red to Blue and just keep an eye out for better rings. Earrings, well, not sure whether to grab Blue or Red there - any suggestions?

Well then, can I get a 100% definitive list of what weapon, lance and shield is best for a Valk (preferably from cheapest to highest) so that I don't make any dud purchase if I do happen to get money?

Kzarka and Kutum seem to be the most referenced and I hear the Purification Lance getting some mentions in my previous thread. Either way, thanks for the past and present feedback.

5. Ninnghizhidda

OK, well at this point suggestions have to be narrowed down to rather few I guess...

Earrings: really depends if you feel you need extra accuracy badly. In that case Red Coral ones are the real choice. Otherwise I would go for Blue ones, that extra AP certainly won't hurt.

Main hand weapon: Since you have that Bares one, I would really not bother about any other green tier weapon. On the other hand a Liverto is also quite a waste at this point, even if it does boost things up a bit. I am afraid the only real option has to be a Kzarka now...

Awakening weapon: For PvE the green Lancia will do just fine, I would keep for the time being. The Purification one is quite a decent choice if going mostly for PvP, and still rather affordable. However, since now we also have this silly Renown system, the Dandelion Lancia has become more important too, simply because it offers the highest raw AP, so overall a boost in both AP and Renown figures -> probably more / better bonuses.

Shield: Kutum is like... THE choice. Well until super high AP figures, where Nouver might actually benefit you more, but this is quite a long shot. Until Kutum you are fine with the Vangerz I believe.

I would really aim for the above, save money and effort, and not bother with anything in between, not at this stage anymore.

#5 Ninnghizhidda, Jun 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    Galatia likes this.
  6. DCoVeR

atm its easy to get tri kzarka or kutum at marketplace, sometimes while I am checking market there is kzarka or kurum even at buy, so its good moment to get them I quess, just get silver. Some days ago there was like 3 tri kutum shields at buy like half day so quess you can easily bud them, kutum and kzarka is good power up for grind in Valencia, so I would focus to speed up grind as possible. Also you can try to get free earring from kama questline, I think you can do that pretty easy.

7. RopeDrink

I've 282 accuracy with my current setup - not sure what is standard or required but I can only assume it's at a half-decent level at least. Depending on how much you actually need for optimal play (PvE primarily), I'll keep my eye open for Red or Blue Coral Ears but won't make a huge effort for them - they're somewhat costly at TRI level for someone like me.

Well then, I'll settle for Kutum & Kzarka recommendations - I do like my Bares and the TRI Ult Lancia compliments the Grunil set as everything either gives +AP or +AP to all Species (which I would regard as similar to just flat AP for the most part).

Thanks all for the tips (past, present any any further future comments). Big issue is simply silver. I can't grind as much as I want due to people dominating spots, and I'm still mid-way through levelling lifeskills to professional and fleshing out my recipe list, but always gathering and keeping an eye out for profit.

I'll get there eventually!

Galatia likes this.
  8. Ninnghizhidda

My own accuracy score is a lowly 260 (totally "pleb" level, hah), yet I don't recall ever having trouble handling anything PvE-wise, and in most cases so far I have also been able to hit human players, when the situation calls for it. Probably being level 61 also helps I guess, nut never felt I really need a lot more accuracy.

In any case, I also have a TET Vangertz as back up, just in case, and using that one provided more than enough accuracy, I am certain about it. So, I believe, you should be OK in most PvE scenarios and as for PvP you should still be OK if you are to fight people around your level and score. No one really seems to run in full evasion mode these days anyway, and if you face people with much higher stats it won't matter anyway - most probably they would nuke you in 1-2 skills / combo.

So I am not sure you should even bother about more accuracy or going for any Red Coral Earrings and the like, you will see how it goes as you progress and eventually get those Bheg gloves somewhere I guess and as you also level up more, since that also provides "hidden stats" (these are still hidden) and probably decent amounts of that extra "hidden" accuracy too.

Oh and grinding with a Valkyrie is never really going to be super spectacular, unless you have obscenely high AP values, and even then, other classes with that much AP will just do it better and faster. It is just the way it is...