1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Getting killed by onother player

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by Albert Wesker, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Albert Wesker

Thank you all for the responses even though I was on the wrong forum. I contacted the site about deleting my account because I can't find a way to do it myself even though it's probably something I'm not seeing. I will go to the one on link that was provided for me.

#1 Albert Wesker, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  2. Rena

what class you play and gear?

3. Nuonii

Nuonii Daralyn Witch EU

If you're lvl 50 or higher, other people can flag up for PvP and kill/attack you at any time (in combat zones)

4. levinano

A couple things you need to know about the PvP system and BDO's ecosystem:

System:
    - Press ALT C to "flag." BDO allows open world PvP above lvl 50, anyone can attack anyone else outside of safe zones. You didn't flag on him so of course you couldn't attack him, he saw you "attacking" him and assumed you wanted a fight so he flagged and attacked you.
    - Once he's flagged, you can attack him regardless of whether you're flagged or not. He just killed you before you manage to attack him.
    - The exception to flagging is Node Wars and GvGs (if your guild declares war on them you don't need to flag to kill them).
    -You lose nothing from dying a PvP death.
    - He loses Karma for killing you. If he kills you enough times (2-4 times) he'll go red and everyone can attack him (even in safe zones) and guards in cities will start killing him. Dying to monsters can make him lose armor enhancements and dying to players will make him lose gems (in contrary to non-red players).

Ecosystem:
    - BDO is quite competitive, not everyone's competitive but it's made to be this way. Everyone is always competing for resources, mobs (ogres in this case) being one of them. PvP is the way to assert your dominance in these situations, it's a mechanic. A big reason to want to get better gear and get better at PvP is to ensure that you'll win fights in open world.

- There are few differing philosophy. I did a poll about a year ago asking "who gets the grind spot," of whether it was "first come first serve" or "might makes right," the poll turned out pretty 50/50. Some believe that you should get the spot if you were there first, some say you should leave and swap channels if they were able to kill you. Emphasis on should, since, ultimately, you're not punished for dying so there's the method of "karma bombing" where you annoy them and both of you lose efficiency until he's pissed enough to kill you enough times to go red and get hunted by the world. Basically, the rule of survival isn't based on what should happen, it's just who's more persistent. He could not mind going red and keep killing you, or you could keep coming back till he's afraid of going red or tired of being bothered.

- The system setup leads to a lot more toxic behaviors than what you've encountered, but at the same time it makes encounters with nice people all that heart-warming. Sometimes, even on Arsha (PvP channel where people don't lose karma for killing one another), I run into people who's been at a spot for a while and are tired and would just give you the spot, some ask nicely for a duel (dueling allows you to not lose karma on kill and allows the defeated to respawn on the spot), some times people see that you're in a spot and just tell you that they'll go elsewhere.

Usually "ask for duel" is the best accepted "grind spot courtesy," though not many people follow it. At one point MMOs were about "playing with other people," BDO is more about "playing by yourself till you can wreck other people," which leads to a lot of players being just deaf and mute killing machines >.>

Hope this helped :)

5. Vanwaros

Welcome to bdo. Don’t go past level 49 if you can’t handle the ganks.

You were repeatedly warned during the quest to hit 50.

6. Albert Wesker

Sorceress Level 55 AP-97 DP-160

Ultimate Delphad Castillion's Carnage Amulate
    Grunil Helmet
    Treant Spirt's Whisper Earring
    Witch's Earring
    Kaia Necklace
    Talisman Concentrated Magical Power
    Freed Magical Armor
    Loure's Gloves
    Asula Crimson Eye Ring
    Treant Spirit's Echo Ring
    Loure's Shoes
    Root Treant's Petal Belt

Trying to get better gear but not having much luck

That is utterly ridiculous. One more thing making me wish I just passed on buying it. Thanks

It did thanks. I think this system is ridiculous. I liked this game enough in Beta testing that I decided to buy it. I play on the PS4, a fact that I forgot to put in my original post that I just added a minute ago. There are several things happening that are starting to make me wish I hadn't, this being one of them. I know I'm a rarity, but I play alone. I don't go on looking for fights or interaction with other people unless I have no choice. A game I no longer play had set PVP zones that I avoided like the plague because I don't want to be bothered with all that. I appreciate the information, it cleared things up a lot for me. Thanks again.

I am level 55. Like I said I am used to people being a holes I was just not aware of the whole "Marking people for PVP thing until just now when levinano nicely explained it to me. Now that I know about this I will avoid future temper tantrums.

7. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Game is over 4 years old... you never thought of using google or youtube to check the game before buying?

Lorienil and JM like this.
  8. Findubar

Don't take it so seriously, try to have fun with it. You don't lose anything if you get pk'd.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  9. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

There was almost no mention of pvp on the play station advertisements for the game. The op may innocently thought the game was similar to eso and gw2 in that it had separate pvp and pve areas

10. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

I said earlier already that the game was designed about limited ressources (grinding spots) and devs wanted us to fight over it. Idk why someone would think it would be suddenly different just because it's a console version.

11. GM Endlaive

Game Master

Hello there!

@levinano has explained the system very well, I know it can be quite daunting to a player that has not experienced a game like this. Open world PvP is a huge feature in this game and for those that progress past level 49 will enter the world of open world PvP. If you are not negative Karma you will not loose anything when dying to PvP so do not worry, try to enjoy it and learn as much as you can.

There are other ways to progress and make silver in this game that does not require combat. Explore and find out what you enjoy, there are many different paths to walk in this game.

I hope this helps, If you are playing on the console I would recommend checking out their forums. You will have more chance finding out information that is more relevant to your current progression.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

12. Megta

Megta Archer EU

Jannanomana and deathtrip like this.
  13. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Because they did not know anything about the game, they obviously saw the ad on the console and bought it without realising. Not everyone researches a game before they buy it.

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  14. Corrus

Or next time someone bothers you, just switch the channel. Try to get the Asula Set first. If you need help grinding or anything hmu (NA Family name Luanwulf).

15. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 62 EU

Gotta say this isnt actually true, pretty much every veteran player accepts duels one way or the other and in high end spots its the most common way of resolving conflict (its quite unusual for me to find any kind of griefing on stars ends/hystria unless its a random new player testing the spot or questing around).

Its usually new players and usually on low level zones such as fogans, gahaz or polly forest that generate the most toxic behaviour that can be seen let it be karmabombing or pking/harrasing without a reason.

Kauni likes this.
  16. levinano

Yeah that's true, but I believe there are other elements involve, one being the danger of dying to mobs that you have in Hystria and Stars End that you don't have with lower grind tier grind spots that make it difficult to Karma Bomb or to not ask for duels. Hystria even more so since you get booted from the place if you die and have to look for portals again.

17. Tabri

Tabri Paingiver Witch 62 NA

This is the BDO PC version forum nobody on the PC version kills ogres in 2019.

18. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Yeah I guess ogres are pretty much the late game grind spot right now in the console versions? So its obvious you are going to get ganked.

19. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat DarkKnight 62 NA

You don't lose anything, and he will lose karma every time he kills you. Just keep going back, don't let a bully get his way.

20. Grehm

The OP says he was the one to flag I thought. It's literally his fault from dying from the other player's retaliation.