1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GG - valks

Discussion in 'Valkyrie' started by Lordche, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Spartakatz

dude! iframiframeiframfirmifiamraima you're getting hysterical. i gave reasons 10 times already in this thread. start to read i'm out.

2. Spartakatz

yes i got it. you want ALL. be unkillable op, want every special thing from every class. want a bow too and musa dash? i guess so.

3. ODB3698

Lol, the only "reason" you have given is that you don't think so...that's not a reason at all. All you do is try to hype up your own hot air excuses with your own hysteria and exaggerations. You have been consistently trying to label others in this thread with words like "obsessed" and "hysterical" because you don't have anything else you can say. Being "out" is probably for the best.

4. ODB3698

More of your standard again, everything you say is exaggeration, baseless sarcasm, and deflection. I guess that's what one does without any valid counter arguments...unless one has the composure to admit truth that is. Even this quote is just full of all three...baseless sarcasm, exaggeration and deflection. You follow that with trying to validate that by agreeing with yourself?!?

Illynore likes this.
  5. lochtar01

Honestly I feel like If they just tweaked Valks defenses we would be fine I love the class as Is hope one day we get some buffs!

6. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Tbh, Imo what needs to happen with every class..

If its a movement skill - Whatever is needed for balance, FG, SA, Iframe
    If its a skill that teleports/becomes untargetable - iframe
    If its an immobile skill -FG w/CC or SA, SA w/CC, FG depending on the skill/class.
    Normal attack skills- FG or no defense
    Grabs - no defense
    Grabs that hold/drag people- SA but lacks hits, so it can miss more easily, since a grab w/ defense is op af.
    Grab range - needs to be equalized or something, can understand lahn grabbing a mile away since she throws her weapon, but the others.. should be shortened a touch and equal for all classes. (but blitzcrank.. i mean lahn.)
    (https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdeser...can_we_please_get_a_proper_grab_for_the_valk/ if you'd like to see comparisons)

If its a movement skill, it should use stamina
    If its not a movement skill, it should use mana

I don't feel like this would be too hard to use as a key for balance. It pretty much is what it is now, except some classes are screwed compared to others. Because they pretty much stopped half way while balancing classes.

For instance something as simple as putting an iframe on DLC going backwards and FG going forward(3s cd), would make a world of a difference. Like look at warrior, he has a 2 sec iframe that goes in all directions.

#86 Muhaha, Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  7. MinMaid

MinMaid Guardian 62 NA

Valks needs more nerfs

8. Spartakatz

How to dodge grabs: https://clips.twitch.tv/NeighborlyWiseShrewCharlieBitMe

He dodged with anticipating enemy's grab and good movement.

Then warriors must surely be super happy about their current state?

Situation atm is, classes that can have permanent protection while still dishing out damage and CC, are considered as top tier. Doesn't matter if 1 or 2 iframes, what counts is the whole skillset and not parts of it. Warriors were so strong mostly because of ONE single thing - the LSA.

I'm ranger main, I wouldn't hesitate even a second to swap out the 2 iframes for a couple more SAs on the right skills, or half stamina consumption.

9. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

#89 Muhaha, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  10. Spartakatz

yea, just ignore the whole clip and only comment the last grab which landed. just stay bad dude and keep whining. you won't get iframes, i can promise that, end of story.

i also wondered when the first sorc clips come but here we are. i guess sorcs should get then PA, heals, vacuum, shield and a ult that can wipe a whole party, and of course a grab because they have none.

11. Netreiam

Stop clipping **** and acting like you know how to play the class.

You recreate that exact scene. You can even get a friend and tell them to grab you on a signal, so you can't even complain about "skill". Tell me how many times you don't get CCed either way or end up floating in midair.

Tell me how many times you can do it out of a 20. Get past 10 and I'll give you a cookie.

FYI: 99/100 you're going to get grabbed and the server will -at best- desync you floating in mid-air getting choked out, otherwise you just end up on the floor anyway. This isn't even mentioning the fact that the shuffle doesn't move you out of range and is completely vulnerable to getting CCed before you cancel it into shield.

In fact, I just want to see you playing valk at all just to see how much you have to get stomped before you can eat your words.

So what you're a sorc that is so unbelievably bad that you can't even outperform a valk while playing one of the top classes in this meta? Get out of this subsection. If you're so salty about a class that is almost universally regarded as the worst in the game for reasons that have been stated through out this forum I can't help but think that you just get continually gaped by them.

Illynore, Kenwulf and Muhaha like this.
  12. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

What??? Theres 2 grabs thrown in your clip, at 10sec (zerker) and at 14s (valk with 283ap). wtf are you talkin about? Did you get confused thinking you were in the zerker forum, trying explain how to dodge a grab or something?

#92 Muhaha, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  13. Spartakatz

well, at least that good that i never had to cry and beg for iframes on this class.

14. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

I would hope not, considering you're a sorc, you already have 3 iframes and 1 of which doesn't have a cooldown. >.>
    You can cry valk is 'fine' but in the current state, she needs a touch of help. Go try out the valk, shes actually more fun to play than you'd think. :D
    I started as a Sorc and swapped over to valk a lil after Mediah release.

15. Spartakatz

I know valk, I played her a lot, I also agree she could use some buff, just not "iframe as the only possible choice of buff".

Said this before, movement could be better, although there's echo walk it's somehow silly. Movement was too good before, and too bad after, a golden middle would be fine.

R.Prescott likes this.
  16. Netreiam

Oh good, so if you played valk then you should have an actual reason against having an actual I-frame movement skill besides, “they don’t need it” while failing to explain why should be the only class out of 16 (soon to be 17) without one.

Even just buffing the shuffle I frame to be just a little longer or creating a skill with a small window of 100% grab resistance (counter maybe?) would be enough, but the fact is valk needs a way to counter grabs that doesn’t just leave you desynced on the ground or getting choked out in mid air.

17. Spartakatz

explain first, why there are only a very few classes that come with PA, heals, shield or vacuum? why do you want to have *everything* ? learn to play dude. thread gets boring.

because of people like you, valk won't ever get buffed because all you ask is absolute nonsense and too much. if more people would ask for a little fine tuning, there would be a chance.

18. Netreiam

Because for those are CLASS GIMMICKS. Why does zerker have super healing skills and the ability to grab and run with people? Why can sorc summon blades of darkness and go into an I frame for 4 seconds? Why can ranger and dark knight cause sustained ranged damage? Why can Tamer and mages have Simmons? Why are bladers, sorc, and Lahn the only classes with a permanently protected movement skill?

Link me to one post where I am asking for a class specific gimmick like you have been constantly doing? When every other class has an I frame movement skill of some sort it is NOT a class specific gimmick, so why should valk left out?

There’s your answer, now where is mine?

ODB3698 likes this.
  19. Spartakatz

iframe is also just a class gimmick. and you have already too much of them, can't have all.

20. Netreiam

Not an answer, or at least not a properly explained one.

Why is I frame a class specific gimmick when it is on 15/16 classes? Why doesn’t that last class, valk, have it?

Illynore and ODB3698 like this.