1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Give Protected Area to Shai

Discussion in 'Shai' started by LunaValentyn, Jul 30, 2020.

1. LunaValentyn

Basically if Shai is supposed to be a support class, it makes more sense for her to have Protected Area than for witchard.

Details:

So to start, I am suggesting we remove Protected Area(PA) from witchard and move it to Shai. I am making this suggestion because Witchard will still have utility in pvp without PA.

Why not let both have it?

WELLLLLL that's a lot of PA...I would say it's probably too much, especially considering Valk has a very similar skill as well, if too many classes can use that skill, it would make large scale a bit too chaotic. I understand you can stack witchards already if you want but I think you lose utility doing that to an extent which helps balance a bit more whereas if 3 different classes that bring something slightly different to the battlefield have it, that'd be too much potential to abuse it even more so than people already do.

So why take it from Witchard and not Valk?

Valk has been through a lot, they've had ups and downs but at the end of the day, that is their safety net of team utility. Witchard on the other hand has a lot of team utility even without PA, atm you could even argue Witchard is better support than Shai. As a support class, I think it makes more sense for Shai to have a skill like that than a massive aoe mage class with reasonable mobility(that teleport is surprisingly decent).

What about Over Here?

Well frankly it's just not big enough, it has a great utility and can be well used but it forces people to reposition to use it's benefits, PA on the other hand can hit many players at once without disrupting their combat. Before anyone asks, I do love Over Here and I do believe Shai should keep that skill and Witchard should not get it. It's a support skill and it suits a support class like Shai, not really a mass aoe nuke class like witchard.

Because I know I've triggered the witchards, I understand your classes(wizard and witch) are slightly different but they both have PA and aoe nukes, you completely share a preawakening kit, let's not lie to ourselves, you're close enough to be bunched together on this subject. Are your awakenings different? I mean yes, but we're purely talking support skills here, in that aspect, you are the same outside of your E buff.

AND the final point: Isn't Shai already unique enough having life skill benefits?

The answer is simple, her benefits make getting to higher points slightly easier however once you hit soft caps, you balance out with every other class in game because anyone can hit those point. It's not enough to justify leaving her as is. Especially since most people afk life skill so they don't even fully feel the difference in the speed(the given levels are easy and the exp boosts stop being as valuable at soft caps). If Shai had some kind of speed boost to the life skills, then it would be different but that is not the case, once you soft cap, you lose your edge on life skills and balance with every other class.

I'd love some feedback on this, please keep it constructive...I know that's a lot to ask on the forums though...but please do your best~

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  2. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 63 EU

Just delete the skill from the game entirely. Boom. Just like that we made large scale PvP more fun.

Eri 4 and FairlyEnjoyable like this.
  3. prawdziwy bohater v2

Shai is like 1% of people , wizard/witch like 15-20% , what you ask isn't possible. They should nerf PA and make pvp more balanced but they won't touch that aswell.

FairlyEnjoyable likes this.
  4. LunaValentyn

could be more people playing her if she actually had more support skills though since she's supposed to be a support class

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  5. Capca

Why does this keep coming up, it's a terrible idea on all fronts.

1) In a game with 20 classes it makes no sense to dump all the heavy support skills in one class.

2) This will pretty much doom Shai to this niche alt character role. She's already too heavy on skills that are really only useful in a small part of the game (group PvP). She doesn't need another. And any calls to fix her in other areas will be met with "You have PA...you're vital to wars...etc..."

3) You really think it's a good idea to take a role defining skill other classes have had for 5 years and give it to another class in a game with race/gender locked classes? Hey wizard player...been enjoying your class these past years? Have you sunk a lot of money into him? Well we're going to take your siege role and give it to this loli-character. You don't mind? In what universe would this not cause them to lose players?

If PA needs fixed then they should fix it. If Shai needs more skills then she should get them. They don't need to destroy the class design people have enjoyed for years just to make a buff-bot character.

6. LunaValentyn

She really is just a support class in pvp though, that is her niche, making it more niche wouldn't change that fact. Having her become a heavy support isn't a bad idea when that's already what she is supposed to be in pvp. She is a heavy support, her pvp damage scaling is trash, if you choose to play AP shai, that's great, have fun, I wish you the best, but you know that's not ideal and it's not her intended purpose.

I guess removing it from witchard could effect their gameplay but honestly they still have the massive aoe nukes to contribute to large scale, if someone only rolls a class for one skill that you only use in node wars, that's kind of their choice. I don't really care if people choose to play shai for one skill as they already do with witchard. Besides, what changes does Shai need really? maybe some smoother combat? she's not a 1v1 class generally speaking by any means but she was never meant to be. She's a niche support and life skiller with some good pve scaling. That's all she needs to be. My only complaint is that she's losing out to witchards for the support roll because of PA. She's still good but she should be the primary support.

Idk, at least Nerf PA to the extent that Shai support can become of equal value. I don't think adding skills to shai is the solution though unless it's PA and like I said in the original, 3 classes with a PA type skill is too many. Adding new support skills is risky though and buffing the existing ones would be broken. The balance is already messy enough, I don't think we need new skills.

TLDR?: Idc what they have to do but shai should be the best support class in game at the end of the day somehow. I was drinking the night I posted this but the thought behind it is still there, I just want shai to be the best support class as a whole. Whether that means nerfing witchard or not, I'll throw them under the bus gladly here.

#6 LunaValentyn, Aug 6, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    Chaos Ronin likes this.
  7. Rilok

Rilok Ranger NA

Giving Shai’s PA wouldn’t be an issue since they are meant to be support. Raw support for trading any type of damage dealing potential.

8. RA7

RA7

they gave PA to Shai in recent Global Lab update

locked it behind 200% BSR together with 5000k >7000k Heal that will never be used

oh well

9. LunaValentyn

honestly I'm satisfied with the recent global lab update though, it's still a huge buff overall and more DP scaling is a good thing for her.

Idk why anyone wants to talk about shai damage in pvp, she isn't supposed to have any, she CC's and she supports :/ that's why she has such horrible damage scaling. Idk why anyone has a problem with her becoming a full support when that was her intended purpose either. That and life skills which I still say she doesn't have enough of an edge on to count.

I'd still like to see PA nerfed though following these changes if we get them all in full.

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  10. RA7

RA7

i also don't mind toning down PA

as long as the Get Well burst Heal doesn't need 200% rage

with Witchard having same on a normal skill, Shai will never be fed for it

11. LunaValentyn

it's less of a DP boost than PA gives too tbh. It'd be nice if PA was reduced to 300DP and only valk had the 999DP buff >.>

I wish Shai would get 10%, 20%, and 50% BSR skills though too tbh. I would really like to see things like 10% on Hop for +15% movement speed buff and distance up, 20% on get well to add an additional 10% of player's HP to the heal, and 50% on Over Here to add 100DP aoe buff for 5-10 sec to 10 party members within range(I mean the 100DP buff to have the same range as Cheer Up, not just the range of Over Here, but Over Here would keep the same range as normal for the bell it casts with it's block and debuffs). That sounds strong but on a 5 minute CD >.> I think it'd completely doable, especially for only 100DP

Chaos Ronin likes this.