1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Give Wizard and Witch EVEN MORE!

Discussion in 'PvP' started by HavocGravity, Sep 9, 2020.

1. HavocGravity

Hey PA and Kakao,

Let's just give the Wizard and the Witch even more utility, DAMAGE, and skill kit. Please!!!! They need more as the class is not very good and NOONE is rerolling to it. We definitely don't have top guilds with a huge majority of these classes.

What do they need more of you ask???

Everything.

Let's make it so you can Instant-Cast all your skills. Mana drain your opponent with 100% accuracy..... Protected area yourself so you cant die and all your teammates. Give you the most mobility in the game with TP's UP after you spam a protected skill. Infinite TP's at that point if your not an egg head. HUGE Damage. O wait that's not enough..... Okay LETS make it so you can heal yourself and another skill for all your teammates.. Oh you need iframes too okay here you go!

Now lets talk about Class balance..... Does any other class do anything remotely close to having the Skill Kit of Witch/wizard?

None.......

So now Large and Small scale PVP is just Wizards and witches... great job at making all the other classes complete dogg.... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. Time for everyone to Reroll the characters they love to play to just play wizards and witches cause they are the only viable choice for PVP in large and small. We made it. Great work....... said no one.......

lufl, _SWEET_, Distaken and 7 others like this.
  2. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

Here is how this sound. "HEY GUYS NERF THIS CLASS BECAUSE IT IS ONLY REALLY GOOD IN 10% OF THE CONTENT OF THE GAME. BUT NOT EVEN WORTH PLAYING IN 90% OF THE GAME.

In small scale and 1v1 which is most of the game's experience for people. Witch is a trash tier class compared to other GOD tier. Witch is litarary a free kill in 1v1 versus any competent player on a SA spamming grab class.

I personally think that balancing Node Wars and Siege is pointless since less than 1% of the playerbase has the gear needed to compete. And on top of it they are at most only 2 hours of content per a day. Meanwhile spot defense and small scale GvGs happens all the time.

You want to see which classes are truly OP? Go visit Arsha PvP server for more than 3 hours. I bet you'll find very few Witches compared to Guardians, Warriors, Sorceresses, Ninjas, and Kunos. Also if Witch was so OP than why are there no decent Witch youtube videos showcases how OP Witch. Meanwhile you have loads of videos on the other OP PvP classes.

As a Lahn main I'd honestly would like to see all the classes to somewhat equally viable in the majority of PvP, 1v1s, and Smallscale. Again Node Wars and Siege happens too infrequent for me to justify classes only be balanced around that when most of your BDO experience is completely solo.

Vortexii, Nubek, makis and 4 others like this.
  3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

hey there, which buffs exactly do you have problem with now, can you argument a bit whats the issue?

4. HavocGravity

I really don't even want to reply to your nonsense but I guess I have to.... -__-

Your a level 61 lahn after 3 years!! That should say it all but, I get it the content that you do doesn't have problems(probably a lifeskiller and i dont know why your commenting on PVP). You do not grind high-end spots and if you do you are not on arsha. You came here to brag about how you can 1v1 on awaken lahn which literally is brain dead with a ranged grab. Great for you. TY for your useless input...

Their entire kit needs to be adjusted imo or every top player will rr onto Witch/Wizard. TBH This discussion is aimed at players who play and enjoy the High End PVP content in the game. IF your under 650+ GS this doesn't apply to you and I'd ask that you get the gear score and come back after that.

#4 HavocGravity, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  5. WhySoSeeryus

which buffs do you have the problem with exactly? coz only buffs for wizards recently were for awakening wizards and i still barely see any existing in game.

Nubek likes this.
  6. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

Main issue with this thread is your calling all witch as wizards very overpowered but yet in your reasoning you only list aspects of succ wiz.

This is a common issue with class balance in that alot of players don't know the difference between them so just group them together and ask for nerfs or buffs when one classes gender version or stance is weak while another is OP.

In this case you have succ wiz who has it all and tp cd short enough that he is yard to grab which has always been witchards weakness that balanced the class.

Any class with a grab and any experience has an auto win against awak wiz,awak witch and succ witch while succ wiz is one of the hardest classes in the game to grab due to his short tp cd

#6 Stealthe, Sep 11, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  7. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

I have trouble with what your wrote with awk and you dont event factor all the slow you can inflict to your target to even the field,for a static classes vs grab mobile classes which can be up to minus ~80% move speed debuff and attack speed debuff inflicted from farther range than grab engage range...then you have PA to deny any contact and your protection rates from awk skills due to being long animation(for sure you need it) making the grab the only effective CC on the first 8 seconds of any combat.Sure succ does have it all but awk and pwk almost have it all(the awk+pwk only missing feature is constant protected movement).
    Calling a spec who have much more tools than any other classes (and more than double the tools than some other classes with meaningless ressource cost,excluding manashield,) weak is just mocking every one who doesnt play witchards....

And its not like awk witches is missing damage since the change in classe's PvP ratio when in live server RBF they can One Skill with lightning spell (pre pet buffs) a trial succ warrior on its SA from front ((306DP,269DR +70 more DR on buffs,everyone knows how warrior scale with DR)when a succ DK (supposed to be savage on burst) do 80%-90% of damage with lunacy of Vedir on warrior SA from front on same warrior buffs.Though i didnt asked the gear of withches nor DK's gear but when you are randomly OSed on your SA without any CC while having almost full def buff (block+EBUff+old BSRbuff//missing scare of dusk buff+addons buffs)on you(despite being trial) and people say awk witch damage is weak you know those peoples are completely biased when it comes to PvP.

Witchards weak....its not mechanically,and you are only hardcountered by grabs AND THIS DONT MAKE YOU WEAK.

Delete witchards...

8. Askie01

In my opinion, the SA from Flow: Magical Evasion that Wizard got is meaningless. It does nothing in 1v1s. I expected to be able to cancel some spells and dodge grabs, but it always desync and i see it pointless. Also grab is a joke, because if I want to grab someone, this person have to stand still and gently wait me to grab him or i can use it as second cc. Also Aqua Jail Explosion animation is so long and cannot be canceled. If you could change the SA from Flow: Magical Evasion into Iframe, that would be a great change. We finally will be able to dodge grabs, like most classes does. ex. Warrior, Lahn, ninja, kuno etc. All of them have iframes to dodge grabs. Give grab SA or FG, so we can use it during fight, not only as a 1st cc. Allow Aqua Jail Explosion, Hellfire, Bolide of Destrucion animation to be canceled and then Wizard should finally become a 1v1 class. Thanks.

#8 Askie01, Sep 11, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  9. WhySoSeeryus

if they made SA roll (Flow:Magical Evasion) into iframe and make it animation cancel at least Aqua Jail the class would be ten times more fun to play. it would resolve much of the frustrations.

10. WinterRED

I had this discussion with my friends just yesterday... The reason succ wizard, and succ wizard alone, is so strong is because it doesn't have any seriously defined weaknesses. It's probably the best siege class and debatably the best NW class, but everything else (1v1, damage, mobility, CC, survivability, PvE) are average or slightly above average.

As long as split TP is exclusive to succ wizard, that class will always stand above the other 3 unless they do something drastic like remove PA from succ or something. The extra mobility and iframe allows wizard to go from a deadly stationary potato to a flying preheated pan capable of doing pretty much everything decently well. My personal opinion is that succ wizard's TP CDs need to be adjusted, but that's a discussion for another thread.

Crimson_Scarlet, Rilok and Stealthe like this.
  11. reconkangas

The time has come to stop bitching about other classes and start looking at buffing and correcting your own class.

Do I have a problem with God tier wiz that is so over powered they melt others with ease.. NOPE i will tell you why becouse wiz and witch are just like every other class in this game. GEAR is #1 without it your dog **** anyway. But with it your still dog **** unless you can play your class. There is a certain amount of skill, yes yes i know wiz succesion is a press 1 button and auto kill but you still have to be able to TP at the right moments you still have to be able to CC AT the right moments. Wiz and witch are one of the classes if you suck at it your really bad and no amount of work will fix it BUT if your good at it you can be #1.

Wiz at large scale is #1.. Witch meeh not so much but ok close, witch and wiz are good in small scale AS LONG AS THE PLAYER themselves has top notch situational awareness otherwise they are udder trash. YES you heard me trash... if your team does not know how protect you or understand their own placement on the battlefield you may be better off with a shai.. or a un awakened hashbrown.. hell I would take a level 59 zerker 1st.

In 1v1 witch with a 700 gs full eva build sure... but anything less yah ok number 0 don't bother.
    1v1 wiz sure your getting warm if you have a knowledgeable player that has good gear with min of 280ap they are a noob killer for sure but against most classes with knowledge of there class you have to be joking me top tier trash maybe but they are not god tier unless of course you have big GS.

But again as I have stated in a majority ofnmy previous post this game is NOT A 1V1 GAME.. sure you may 1v1 grinding and dual for spot but this game is so group dependent that the min you add a teammate to that wiz like a range class that TEAM becomes a sword.. but again the big word is TEAM to many people still continue to play BDO as though it is a single player game it is ABSOLUTELY NOT. The sooner people realize it the more fun they will have.

12. WhySoSeeryus

1v1 classes need to stop downplaying importance of 1v1 in this game. u will legit make more money via 1v1 (arsha duel for spots) than via mass scale (payouts, lol) in this game.

13. TeRRoRibleOne

After NW last night I went from this (have played it since release):
    [​IMG]

To this:
    [​IMG]

These dev's are retarded, they are making this harry potter online.

Guess which one will be better for NW's and siege? It isn't the maehwa

14. WhySoSeeryus

tet offin and tet leeburs?

[​IMG]

ouch. succ actually needs some accuracy.

also, that evasion build on your maehwa explains why u hate on witchzards that much. its like wearing paper vs them.

Nubek and makis like this.
  15. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

Sorry but as much as i'm tired of witchards crying on their mechanics i'm also tired of people who keep bringing gear on the balance when speaking about mechanics.In the current state of a game supporting gear is the same as supporting unbalance,when talking about a class being only bad at a low GS and good at max GS just show how unbalanced the game is if one class must be carried through raw stats to be even considered....When the balance is an okay state you should be able to do the same thing being at 200 GS or at 2000 GS without much differences.But on BDO we have such crazy differences between classes stats effectiveness on max gear due to the differences on base stats,the scaling of the AP stats per classes,how the stats scale on itself and how they scale versus their polar opposite,making the max GS a complete s.hitfest where classes with lackluster mechanics being considered overall best classes.The differences on static stats and stats scaling per class only work under a certain threshold(limit being full pen in each slots before the 2017 final DR buff which was also before any brackets,the DR stat was underwhelming at that time and needed a buff but the devs should have buffed only the accessories giving DR instead of the overall DR scaling VS AP),when breaking over said stats threeshold the differences in stats from differents classes is completely highlighted bringing an overwhelming change in balancing and making certain classes into undestroyable slaughterhouse then call a chain reaction of nerf on said classes mechanics (defence buffs nerfed on mystic/striker/kuno/ninja).If the devs dont normalize the statics stats and scaling of each classes,what do you think will happen when the game's gear will reach 900 gs with double the ammount of the current stats?Will they need to halve the defensive buffs of theses classes to balance them again?

And if we compare awk's+pwk classes on paper,there are classes that make you wonder how they can function with insane stam cost/high number of skills with stam cost/very low protected stam regen skill uptime/very low or no protected CC uptime while other classes are so loaded you wonder why they are still allowed to exist like witchards,shield classes,gauntlets.
    Now let's take witchards on paper,if we remove gear dependancies and set the AP/DP on a gear range where the AP/DP are neutral to each other as well as the pet AP is neutral against the DP,despite being grabbed every 10 seconds witchards wont ever die because their target will always be under 20% AS/MS debuffs killing hard the grabber's damage output.With ritardando(completely legit name) and blizzard's debuff they'll be able to completely outrade damage against their target(and how much classes have-50% magic AS debuffs to counter it?).And we add their heals and their tp every 8 sec to buy them more survival time.
    And you have those same witchards saying they are completely dogshit in 1v1 then you look at their sheet and think "nope thats just a gitgud issue".(Also they where much more powerfull in the past and they cried even louder...)

I agree with @WhySoSeeryus 1v1 being important,thats not fair to completely downplay its importance for the classes unable to do it...but fortunately for him he is not playing a 1v1 scuffed class,he just need moar gear!:D

(Also i'm guilty of promoting gear last year but i only did that to portrait how ridiculous the gear gap was and how completely unbalanced the gear growth was.The sooner people realise that the sooner BDO might change that's what i thought at that time).

#15 dobe, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    sajdas likes this.
  16. Ahri-

pvp in this game has basically been dumbed down to just pure brainless spam, warrior valk witch wizard sorc basically have 0 weaknesses and basically take no mechanical skill other than spamming the same ability rotation over and over or game knowledge to play idk what you expect tbh

Wollbert, Marzipan Stan and Xenon like this.
  17. Ahri-

yea almost like he has no infinite protected rotation, multiple ranged knockdowns, debuffs on every ability, immortality button, instant cast gapless iframes, protected movement cc skill.

The only thing maehwa and wizard share is a lack of grab while wizard doesnt even need one to deal with the **** whos only counters are grabs. maehwa is dogshit unless youre fighting 7 out of 20 classes in the game 1v1 and takes alot of game knowledge and skill to play while wiztard is toptier in everything while being basically mindless spam.

18. reconkangas

my main point is stop trying to nerf another class, lets bring other classes up to a higher level.
    wiz and witch are not gonna get nerfed its obvious by the constant buffing that the Devs working on the class PLAY the class and right now they are increasing damage and speed so they can keep up with there horrible game play that pretty much 90% of Koreans have.

dobe and Fearless V like this.
  19. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

I somehwat agree,but awk history confirmed buffs are good until a point then it goes all bad even if i hate to admit that.
    The devs needs to go rollback their game to the early state of awk even if it was overtuned globally it was still healthy(before they went all in buffs trying to appease all the cryiers in the world)and start to slowly chopping away with an another rule set than the previous one which was completely trash(which was removing SA+CC or protection +CC mostly on awk but they didnt factored animation length which proved to be completely unfair for some classes but totally fine for others,on their changes).

Of course there are outliers which was completely broken from the get go and need extra look(witchards/mystic/valk).

#19 dobe, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  20. Ahri-

Funny how people shouldnt be complaining about spam brainless classes but where were you when they gutted maehwa and dk because of constant bitching?