1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Give Wizard and Witch EVEN MORE!

Discussion in 'PvP' started by HavocGravity, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Kayray

Kayray Tenebrarum Musa 62 NA

Imagine unironically asking to be s or a tier at EVERYTHING else when there are literally classes that aren't a tier at anything.
    Also, bold of you to speak for the bdo population as a guildwars main.

2. kamon211

They already are S and A+ at nearly everything, that's why there's a ton of threads on them (mostly succ wiz really) being broken.

Yes, please take the NW/siege nerf and boost them up to ranger, tamer, musa, mae, kuno, nin, zerk, etc level. But also take whatever weaknesses those classes have also!

3. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

Yes there is a bunch of threads crying about how OP Witch and Wizard are in NWs and Siege.(2 hours a day content) Meanwhile you have salty Ninja mains on the forums, bragging about how they dominate them outside that.

Yes lets make Witch and Wizard a forgotten class like some of the ones your mention. Because that's logically sound. Meanwhile hardly anyone mains a Witch or a Wizard. Most just use them for 2 hours of the day. Then jump right back on their actual mains. That are much better at 1v1s and just as good if not better at PvE progression. (Striker, Lahn, Warrior, Kuno, Valk, and Sorceress)

I don't even main Witch nor Wizard btw. I just decided to try it since I kept hearing how OP they was. Turns out my Lahn was better in both 1v1s and PvE than Witch or Wizard.

I honestly do see more buffs coming to Witch maybe not Wizard because he is in a decent spot atm.

If you want to prove Witch and Wizard is OP as you all say they are. Then post some proof of it.(Trial gear battles between the classes) Show yourselves dominating other classes in PvE, 1v1s, and Small-scale PvP on a Witch and Wizard. If you guys can't even do that. Than how do yall expect the devs to take yall serious if the metrics they have shows otherwise. Just saying is all.

Stealthe likes this.
  4. Xenon

It's not like there isn't a site out there that's already collected tons of user data for classes, then ranked them in pve and pvp accordingly. It's not like the general consensus among most players is that succ Wizard is good at everything, and his only area where he might struggle is 1v1 against certain classes. But no! That means he's garbage.

Stuff in red. Read it.

Time stamp is 9:10. Make sure you watch all the way until about 11:10. You think succ wizard doesn't have plenty of 1v1 outplay potential? You think succ wizard isn't an S tier class? That two minutes is all you need to know what this class can do in the right hands. Ones that aren't yours or of the majority of awful players that make up the class's ranks.

So what would even be the goal then? Nerf NW and Siege to A-tier capability while giving them S-tier 1v1? I bet they'd immediately complain about that, or say the 1v1 buff still isn't enough when they still lose.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  5. Quinra

Quinra Witch 62

Ah yes, the infamous Witchard infestation going on in Arsha, locking down grind spots and constantly winning 1vX matches years before Succession came out.

See, I can argue in bad faith as well.

6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

ive also heard these legends of arsha awa wizards/witches fighting with gs disadvantage winning 99/100 conflicts and farming 30% more trash than other classes permanently teleporting with cc on every protected skill and slowing more than a guardian just by being near you...... and of course pets that cc on their own.

7. Xenon

I guess you weren't here for the period of time when awakened wizards were extremely dangerous and were taking on multiple people at once, then promptly wiping them out with a couple skills. This was before the Bolide nerf. As for what I said before - It doesn't matter if you took a bunch of Ls because your class was crap at 1v1. It's not crap anymore, and it's not an excuse for what succ Wizard is now. You can't have good 1v1 potential, be the class with the highest utility, high mobility, and have huge amounts of aoe damage and cc for siege all at the same time, and still be balanced.

You... you're joking, right? That's sarcasm, right? But then again, I'm willing to believe someone said that in this game..

kamon211 likes this.
  8. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

same goes for ninja or not? hypocrite

9. Xenon

Ninja's never been able to wipe a group of people out in the same way a wizard could, or can right now. He just doesn't have the aoe damage to do it. You're not hitting more than 2-3 people with one serpent, drastic measure 100% is a cone in front of you that isn't wide enough to get a big ass group of people, and 50% katana shower doesn't hit hard enough to just kill everybody. No. Ninja's always been about disassembling groups and picking them off 1 by 1 in 1vx, in either spec.

kamon211 likes this.
  10. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

are we playing the same game? ninja was and is the only class that can do that. maybe you are not able to do it. but youre just like a bad 1v1 wizard dont know how to master the class. be strong in the part the class carries you, be bad at the rest coz bad.
    Ninja is easily on the same level of succ wizard with his protected aoe CC damage skills. they are also lightspeed fast blinking around in iiframes, makes it nearly impossible to outplay it. Ninja dont even need to CC anyone nowadays due to his ridicoulous buffs

Stealthe likes this.
  11. Xenon

LOL! SAYS THE CLASS WHO CAN STAND IN THE BACKLINE JUST SLAMMING AS MUCH DAMAGE ACROSS THE FIELD AS THEY POSSIBLY CAN AND WRACKING UP POINTS IN RBF WITHOUT EVER HAVING TO ENGAGE! That's f*cking priceless.

Clearly we aren't. Either that, or you're some 400 gs gearlet. You don't know anything about my class and you're just talking out your ass, as per usual. Ninja on the same level as Succ Wizard? You've lost your mind all over again. You're really starting to sound like Lemon now.

12. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

at least Lemon know his class. you are just an extremly bad gear carpet.
    im playing awakening btw

13. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

so these 1vx arsha wizards that were owing whole groups of people with bolide (non the less) were farming who? people on gahaz? pirates? :D

14. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

well damn, aint that the truth

kamon211 likes this.
  15. sajdas

Which skills ninja have that are both cc dmg and protected (outside of bsr)? I only know of smokescreen but it has 0 dmg so no dmg here.

Fateneko and kamon211 like this.
  16. kamon211

LOL no, just no
    Nin is good, but not in the same league as succ wiz. Probably even slightly below witch.

Look at everything a ninja is good at and bad at.

Then look at everything witchards are good at and bad at.

17. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

1v1 god, largescale needs some skill to be god, and nobody cares about "pve"

kamon211 likes this.
  18. kamon211

You could literally flip it around, witchards are large scale gods, they have no equal at large scale from any other class. 1v1 witches definitely struggle, though wiz are not bad but definitely not S tier like they are at large scale.

Damage/aoe
    Utility
    Mobility
    CC
    SA

Damn, just give them iframes and grab immunity, call it gg

Wollbert likes this.
  19. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

yes thats what i said

kamon211 likes this.
  20. Kayray