1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Give Wizard and Witch EVEN MORE!

Discussion in 'PvP' started by HavocGravity, Sep 9, 2020.

1. CompZilla

@Stealthe and Whysoseeryus

This is the thing, from what I see witch/wiz can get away with stacking DP and still be effective with high damage aoe, tp?, heal constantly sustaining dmg.

Archer on the other hand has to have super high dmg and stack accuracy to hit hard and fast or go home. I've had 350 dp but you lack the punch and archer is still squishy af

Rbf node archer can be coward but in open it couldn't be further from the truth with tarrain etc super high risk and 'no get out of jail free card'

Succ wiz in particular - tp in cc with high aoe dmg(no aiming) in trouble tp to flank heal rinse n repeat

That fine if y'all want easy mode only makes it even sweeter when i slay them but:

With all that utility they need damage nerf or dp nerf

2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

oh, dont get me wrong, i also have 301 ap. still many classes have way higher DPS output :p

3. TeRRoRibleOne

I didn't make those choices based on which stance they were in, it was overall. You can't throw ranger in there purely because its succession is pretty damn good where it raises it above those other classes. I mean if we split it out, witch/wizard are a top 10 class I think in both at this point with the buffs their awakenings have gotten.

4. WhySoSeeryus

i guess awakened wizards with their population of "i can count them on one hand" are indeed top tier :)

5. Xenon

Well, you should. Each form is its own class. If you go off overall, it becomes much harder to blur the line between classes. Some classes have really good successions and bad awakenings, and vice versa. Ranger succession is very good in situations where they have a front line to protect them, or a lot of chaos to keep the heat off of them. So they're great in large scale and rbf, but not so good in small scale or 1v1s where they can be focused down hard. They basically accel at one thing - pure ranged damage. While this can be incredibly broken in the right situation, they have next to no protections and most melee classes can easily catch them if they're alone. Awakening drops more of the ranged damage for slightly better 1v1, which can work like any other class, but it overall hurts the class because they lose most of their meta performance and grinding speed. Like I said, you need to treat each spec as its own class and rate them according to their strengths and weaknesses.

While I agree that succ Wizards need nerfs and I'm all for giving them sh*t, this is kind of disingenuous. 388 dp is no joke in pvp, or pve. After about 370-380 dp, you become massively tankier than you were at 350 or 360 dp. While you can't take a hit at 330, they can basically fall asleep through certain levels of damage. Certain class damage evens out at max gear, whereas others become really stupid. Succ wizard has a curve where it goes low damage -> high damage -> stupid levels of damage along the gear spectrum. Even when people are 390 dp, a 300 some ap wizard will 3 or 4 shot them. Anybody below 280 ap, with an ap offhand, basically aren't worth anything anymore in the pvp meta.

6. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

I mean I dont defend what succession wiz at all...the real wiz mains stayed awaken,succ is only fotm hoppers and nw/sw alts.If their damage wasnt out of this world high I could at least look past the rest of their kit.But even the low geared ones nearly one shot me at 365 dp

7. Vortexii

You can't make a viable DP Witch/Wiz. Even at 400 DP a Guardian and other classes can 1 shot it. That means ideally at 700 GS you would get 1 shot. Welcome to shty MMO PVP.

What you are asking for doesn't solve anything. In fact unless clever design is applied nothing will ever work. (That's actually the result you should expect from Pearl Abyss).

In 1v1 the damage from Witch/Wizard isn't really any different from all the other classes, in fact from many it's completely inferior. Their real damage only comes in group situations where a player can't properly defend against a group of players.

Some of the most OP and ridiculous combat doesn't even apply either. A Zerker chain grappling in a group fight can be handled while in a 1v1 it's pure cancer.

In Korea the Archer wall is also as cancerous as any other class including Succ Wizard. The game simply falls apart in these situations because the foundation of the game is pure trash.

You can't even move against a wall of Archer Range spam.

8. Ahri-

I'd rather fight 2 archers at the same time than see a succ wiz come into my render range

9. Vortexii

The more practical application is a group of archers camping a flag or spawn point. They also need to be stacked AP archers and a group of them. Otherwise, the issue doesn't really exist. You need their fire rate and damage to be constant.

10. WhySoSeeryus

id rather fight all three of them at the same time than seeing greatsword on the horizon.

11. Xenon

Yeah, honestly, I'm with you there.

12. CompZilla

My point was archer with 388 could not withstand that amount of damage from crypt of resting thoughts with all the utility

I agree succ wiz is more the problem - fought one on Arsha few days ago 10 fights I only won 1. And that was just lucky that he tp'd into Piercing Light. On three occasions kd this wiz, point blank Fullbloom barley a scratch with 297ap and 440 acc. He tp to flank heal tp strait back in cc and pretty much one shot me exactly the same for all fights, too many tp's and insane aoe with cc

Could of been highly geared but with all that utility they should take more dmg or hand out less

13. CompZilla

Fair dues..

Warrior - Archers nemesis, complete rock on scissors