1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Give Wizard and Witch EVEN MORE!

Discussion in 'PvP' started by HavocGravity, Sep 9, 2020.

1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

some with pretty decent stuff are shai, valk, sorc and even tamer.

others debuff/slow, use suction skills, etc also contributing alot to the team and outcome of the fights..

2. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

It remind me i forgot some classes to add on my previous post.
    4 more classes does equate to almost full roster?!

3. WhySoSeeryus

well, point was, direct buffs arent the only thing that decides outcome of the group fight. good scouting, preengage, slows, downsmashes, nukes, mobility for feints etc all play big roles.

4. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

Im not gonna waste time going over every silly thing you posted in your wall of text but will say lahns healing is wayyy better than wiz,...you heal during the fight,we have to disengage to a place safe enough to cast it which usually isnt possible.

Even then the best support in the game is cc's...if my teamate is being attacked and I try to heal him through it he will still die and probably me now too for being locked in an unprotected animation.The best support is ccing or grabbing enemies off your team...healing teamates durring a fight is suicide and just bad support overall.

And the fact you even mentioned lava field is hilarious

#104 Stealthe, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    Quinra and Fearless V like this.
  5. TeRRoRibleOne

I'll take it a step further, Maehwa attacks in a single place in a small conal attack. A witchard does a large AOE while standing still that does more dmg. It's getting to the point of idiocy that they havent figured this out after 3 yrs of awakenings.

Kayray likes this.
  6. WhySoSeeryus

what you fail to realize our output is measured with our own buffs in mind. other classes get strictly above their own performance capabilities with our buffs stacked on top of their own kit.

playing without speedspell up on awa staff is painfully slow experience and it doesnt have that big uptime for ourselves.

if u want to make all our buffs and heals personal, great, we can discuss that. but simply taking them away would require a full rework of the class.

7. WhySoSeeryus

have u tried maehwa after recent buffs? if u get hit in the back u melt in an instant.

8. Stealthe

It was at this point when you tried to say Maehwa has as little movement as awaken staffies that I realised im wasting my time

9. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

Tell me something i dont know please....And why devs nerfed the utilities of others classes directly impacting their mass PvP performance but left witchards utilities safe for their 1v1?(except your battle rez)

Utilities not being only stats buffs but also self tools like movement,magical shield etc.

AWWW Silly me i forgot i was a main lahn lv 60 trial deleted since april/may last year,my real lahn being lv 56 and currently being a 61 warrior formerly a 62 maehwa.(I dont even know much about lahn so i'll give you that)

Instead of lahn,lets take warrior recovery.Warrior recovery have a 400 health regen on pulverize on use+150hp x7 on hit x10target on its flow both skills being full FG.It requires me to stay in battle to recover,the more target i hit(flow) and the more health i regain,so any geared warrior would need to face at least 2 target to recover 50% of its hp and on 1v1 being roughly 1/4 of its health on 12 sec CD.
    Warrior regen is what i would consider on the OP side out of the battle regen skills but it is(kinda) dangerous to use while still remaining on combat and you say witchards heals are not better than most combat recovery when its 90% hp every 30 sec on ~3 sec anim without the need to hit something with?What is your double TP and all your slows are for?And healing aura is fast enough to be considered a battle heal which heals you for 20% of hp on 12 sec CD.You are ridiculous,what will be the next excuse to downplaying the strengths of your class for asking for more tools?

The best support in the game is PA, do you forget there is a limit of CC one can inflict to the other one on combo(not speaking about "infinite combo reset"here)so if you are in 2v1 situations and your mate is geared,healing is actually the second best support (remember you heal 60% of your own HP pools on your allies).IF you dont have 100% pen Resist on your grab you run the risk to be resisted,if you try an another CC the enemy can be on SA or FG(on top of its resist) and attacking the enemy will not do any good for your mate on mosts cases.

Whats wrong with lava floor?Do you claim it dont have the utility i wrote they have?

Wait what?Witchards "output" is measured with their buff in mind?Not at all for PvP i'd say,it does feel like when devs designed the awk they forgot most of witchards pwk utilities.For PvE its questionnable.
    You also forgot other classes also have long ass duration animations skills(some hard hitter some others not even hardhitting) and they dont have their own version of speedspells with AS and MS relying on the new rage to get their AP and AS(and you look on new and older rage you'll see some classes have a real choice while others got the short end of the stick).

People want to make witchards having more tools for 1v1 on top of their current list of advantage,they are not even interested to make it fair 1v1.
    You want to talk about 1v1?I'm not talking about making their buff personal only i wrote Witchards need to lose most of their current tools first in order to "gain other tools more adapted " for 1v1(awk witchards have great tools which can be used successfully on 1v1 too but they dont have all 1v1 tools and they are upset because of that).

edit:correction for confused skill names.

#109 dobe, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    Kayray likes this.
  10. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

If you think Witch and Wizard is so OP. Then do what I did and reroll to it. To see just how OP it is for yourself.

I heard all these rumors and crying about how Witch and Wizard is OP. So I decided to see if the grass is really greener on the other side. Guess what, fights I used to be able to win on my Lahn was now unwinnable. My PvE got about 15% worst. Most classes at around my GS will just ignore my damage while charging at me with no respect. Then they would grab me and completely 1/2 to 1 combo me. (Looking at Guardian, Tamers, Warriors, Mystics, and Strikers.) Trying to progress in the game in Hystria and Aakman on a Witch and Wizard is a nightmare as nearly everyone will come up to you can either ask for DFS or just try to feed you to the NPCs.

After playing Wizard for about 2 weeks. I'm going to farm the 6 billion silver, I'll need to reroll back to my Lahn. Just my personal experience with Wizard.

Stealthe likes this.
  11. Eran420

Eran420 XiaYo Musa 63 EU

GUYS .. hope you all know by now why we all suffer :)
    note : thats come frome inside " bdo balance head master and his son play wizard/witch main reason why we all suffer for 4 years "

12. Stealthe

In a 2v1 I would much rather have a warrior supporting me by grabbing someone comboing me off me than a wiz trying to heal me while someone is comboing me.

That aside Im talking more about even matches such as 2v2...if your trying to heal your teamate when hes getting ganked by 2 people instead of trying to cc them you are now both going die.

13. Kayray

Kayray Tenebrarum Musa 62 NA

This is a direct response to someone's post saying that casters have to stop moving in order to do damage. And when they use their abilities they are stationary. THUS the conversation about how witchard skills aren't nearly as long as a lot of the other classes' skills, while also maintaining Full damage reduction SA, CC and a fairly large aoe came to happen. Let's not jump to conclusions.

14. Kayray

I did, way back even before this busted rendition of succ wizards, I rolled witch. Guess what? I fairly easily won 1v1s against Musa's, mae's Dk's, sorcs and archers. Even among the grab classes the only ones that consistently gave me trouble were warrior, striker and mystic. Ninja's were surprisingly not a terrible matchup. The really good ones were hard obviously, but those ones were hard even on Musa. Timing frigid on blockjump literally cucks ninjas and kunos so hard and mouse movement TP catches people on their backs pretty easily. Except for classes with the grab passive most people generally failed grabs against me about 60% of the time and with the nature of witchard rotations that usually means they get put on their ass.
    This is 1 v 1 mind you. The second I got a second teammate, there was literally no competition whatsoever. the sheer damage and support you provide is insane. Add onto this your range damage output+ rabaam lightning slows and most classes can't even play the game once you start hitting them.
    AND THEN, there's succ wiz now, which is an abomination and a crime against all things holy. It's got the good parts of EVERYTHING I mentioned, with literally none of the downsides and you nuts have the GALL to complain about it. Go take a hike.
    Nice try tho with the "Hurr hurr, you should play it"

15. Kayray

I mean... you gotta use brain cells. You're not gonna tp in and start healing some1 when they're on the ground. I would personally use my slows on whoever is comboing first and if that isn't an option I would speedspell tp in and pa first. If you wanna make the class work while you don't, that's not something I can be okay with.

Xenon likes this.
  16. WhySoSeeryus

so, why arent u a witch now then? :)

i mean, most of people that rolled staffies, awk ones at least, rerolled off of them omega fast with obligatory "its broken and strong BUT it aint my thing....."

all mage mains listening just chuckled ofc. yea, not thier thing getting pwnd in open world and farming with less efficiency and having to be in a herd during large scale. its way better to play a self sufficient hero class. :D

Fearless V likes this.
  17. Stealthe

What you can do in between your attacks is just as important,try grabbing a sorc

18. Kayray

This is honestly a silly conversation. I rolled off of witch because I didn't want to play it. The playstyle isn't fun for me, that doesn't mean I rolled off of it because it was bad for me. My witch did better in pve than my musa, and anytime someone asked me for a 1 v 1 dfs I said flag up. You know why? Witch can 1 v 1. But in open world my ability to fight is literally 2 times my ability to fight in the ba. It's literally one of the strongest classes in open world ( I have a ghillie too). Literally any time I tp the person loses my position and has to look at the map to know where I am. Especially if there are mobs around. Just because I rrd back to musa because my dandy went pen doesn't mean I don't still think caster is exceptional as a class.

Xenon likes this.
  19. Kayray

This is funny because witchards literally have 3 of the best anti sorc skills in the game. Chain lightning if the focus isn't on you, frigid fog if you have the timing down and have low ish ping. If none of those work just wait for the sorc to dash towards you and earthquake 6/10 times she's gonna get ccd. I guarantee it.

20. Stealthe

The point is still the same,support can come in way more forms than skills applied to party.Any class can provide support.Grab classes provide some of the best support,they can save the team from being nuked by a single player