1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Give Wizard and Witch EVEN MORE!

Discussion in 'PvP' started by HavocGravity, Sep 9, 2020.

1. kamon211

I would just like witchards to have the same survivability teleporting into the front lines as a ranger.

With the amount of damage they can pump out, witchards should be as protected as a ranger.

That was a serious statement, but really, how can one of the most broken OP classes out right now, even more busted than warrior, be demanding even more? There's a reason there are tons of threads already complaining about succ wiz

#141 kamon211, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

[​IMG]

flow magical evasion.jpg

#142 WhySoSeeryus, Oct 14, 2020
    Vortexii likes this.
  3. Rügenwalder Pommersche

talking about succ wizard now (obv)

i would be fine if they had ANY weaknesses at all but they are great in every single aspect of the game, largescale, utility, dmg, range, protections, mobility, pve - there is nothing "slowing them down" - just like guardian was on release (but even stronger)
    even at 1vs1 they are not even close to be as bad as other classes (which lack all the other things they have)
    just looking at the 3 "main" aspects
    • pve
    • 1vs1
    • largescale
    they are literally good in all of those while most "broken classes" might be good in 2, and all the other classes are happy to be good in 1 of those at best

obv like i said talking about SUCC wiz, and i think at this point everyone is very aware how broken it is, besides the typical trolls and fotm abusers that dont want to acknowledge that they are "class carried"

kamon211 likes this.
  4. Quinra

Quinra Witch 62

That's a terrible way to look at things - it wasn't that long ago before succession when people were still staying witchards were OP but everyone agreed their 1v1 combo was "V - Esc - Escape". You can't have a class bad in PVE unless you want to condemn it for lifeskilling. You can't have a class being bad in 1v1 unless you want to completely remove OW PVP (and might as well delete Arsha too). Yet everyone wants to balance the game for largescale even though that is objectively the smallest part of the game, not to mention the balance for that comes down to more than just class balance alone (I'm looking at you, RBF). People who complain that succ casters are no longer a "free grab" (not my choice of words, literally heard them described as such) who play classes who do good in 1v1/small scale but bad in large scale should instead complain their lack of roles in largescale.

Is succ wizard overtuned? Sure. I wouldn't mind having them nerfed in largescale (easy start would be removing Protected Area). But that's not what most people whine about and remember, in this game there are so many ******** overtuned mechanics and everyone loves to downplay their own.

5. Vortexii

Thank for the exposing this terrible community. That's exactly correct, but I an assure you it extends much further. Nearly everyone lies about everything and only thinks about themselves. They are happy to exploit the faults IF and only IF it's in their favor. Hence why so many didn't give a sht about "free grab" and just laughed it up. Now it's so unfair NOT because it's broken, but because they can't abuse it.

6. kamon211

Witchards are a bit too over-tuned for large scale. (Well, I should say the issue really is more succ wiz and their 2nd teleport)

Removing PA, give it to shai, that can be a start.

Damage needs to be nerfed in large scale also, that or remove protections.

If the argument is the class only shines 2 hours out of the day, commit to it being large scale, keep the damage and drop mobility, or take the large scale nerfs to up survivability.

*PA doesn't care about what we say or post here, this is all just venting. If it's not witchards it's sorc, or nin, or succ ranger, or war, or valk.

PA is either amazingly incompetent, or purposefully picking a class to break for a few months

#146 kamon211, Oct 14, 2020
  7. TeRRoRibleOne

Go look at a siege guild or even NW guilds at this point and you will see a comp of over 50% being witchards. These are actual facts. The top guilds require you to have a witchard alt. Just look at the BR/Snake Valencia war a couple weeks ago. I **** you not Snake definitely had over 60 witchards that war and BR is defiantly not far behind on that number. It's not because the class is trash, its over tuned insanely. At this point I've seen more people reroll succ wiz than anything else. I even made a succ wiz cause of how over tuned it is. The fact that you specifically keep spreading actual BS lies about it not being OP is getting annoying.

Xenon, alastersan and kamon211 like this.
  8. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

How do you know hes talking about succ wiz?...the title says witchards.

Witchards have always been a top pick in seige and NW but their mostly all alts specifically made to exploit PA botting.Of course they have different classes as their main because god knows they are garbage in everything else.

Sure the top 1% of the players roll witchard alts to exploit PA stacking...but what about the 99% that dont even participate in seige or nw?

#148 Stealthe, Oct 14, 2020
  9. Xenon

I side-rolled a succ Wizard for pve and siege. He's a monster that's easy to play with low skill ceiling. Everything flows together way too easily, he has the best support skills in the game, and the damage output is almost as high as my Ninja with air attack Serpent. Not to mention, I can rain death down on my enemies from atop any structure or from a distance. It's honestly insane. Stick with playing ESO or GW2, bud. You aren't good at BDO, and it really shows in your past videos and what you say on the forums.

Most Witchzards don't know how to 1v1. They fall for every mindgame and trap you can throw at them. I've only met a handful of good wizards, and they were damn scary in 1v1 before succ existed. With succ? I don't want to think about fighting them.

Ninja Awakening has this issue where if anything is hitting you in Murderous Intent, it literally cancels almost all of the skill's movement. It's stupid.

No, no, no, noooooo. Super Armor is good enough. Just fix the movement consistency under fire and allow you to cancel some skills into it, then it'll be good.

He doesn't even play BDO seriously. Of course he wants to stand here and lie. It's not his main game, so why not do more damage and laugh at the chaos?

Spotted the PA bot. How's it going? Git gud or go home.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  10. Stealthe

Well luckily even Pearl Abyss im sure know the ninja playerbase is full of the most diceitful/selfish players...they picked a class closes to their own personality.Its common in most games.

But nonetheless its good to see youve brought your classes cowardly tactics to the forums as well.

11. Xenon

I'm not even a stealth Ninja. I only use it as absolutely necessary to disengage at low health or as a tool to help my team setup for engage, but nice try. Being top class for 4 years sure has made you conceited and short-sighted.

12. Stealthe

I know man...the 2 years that ive played has been full of awaken wiz's everywhere just running everyone over,throwing all the ninjas out of their grind spotszzz

You said you made a wiz alt...so why not make him your main?

Is it possible that all of you complaining that you have to have a wiz alt is really saying that wiz is not good enough to be your main?

Is he your alt because hes only good for 2 hours a day and the rest of the time hes garbage?Of course im not just talking about succ wiz,im staying on topic of all witchards of what the op was talking about.

#152 Stealthe, Oct 14, 2020
    Fearless V likes this.
  13. Kayray

Kayray Tenebrarum Musa 62 NA

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Because maybe people started playing a class, not because its fotm or broken as ****, but rather because they enjoyed the playstyle. Imagine unironically thinking that everyone's just gonna play the most broken class that's possible whenever they can regardless of gameplay preferences.
    I'm pretty sure xenon is one of the oldest ninjas on these forums as well.
    I guess what you see in others is a reflection of yourself.:o

Distaken and IWalkAlone like this.
  14. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

How are you going to cry for nerfs on a class, and then in the same comment tell people to Git gud or go home? How about you take your own advice before people start calling you out for being a hypocrite.

#154 Fearless V, Oct 14, 2020
    Stealthe likes this.
  15. Eran420

Eran420 XiaYo Musa 63 EU

amount of witchzard right now is like all class togatther .. so broken ,

16. Xenon

Same way you come to this forum to piss and moan about how the game isn't what you want it to be all the damn time, and give everybody your 2 cents even though you don't even play the game and nobody asked you. Like I said - stick to GW2 and ESO. Those seem to be more your forte and what you enjoy way more.

Besides, I have plenty of sources to back up what I say. I could organize a forum raid to blow these threads up with more people calling for nerfs for the class because my siege guild is sick of the succ wizard meta. That's about 60 people rn. Can you say you have the same backing you up? I sincerely doubt it. Lemme point to all the other threads complaining about the class, reddit threads, and discussions on discord about how op Wizard is. This is arguably the worst meta BDO has had, and if not, it definitely rivals the 2018 post-nerfs meta and the Awakened Mystic metas for how awful it is.

I already went over this, and so has another person in this thread - Most wizards are awful at 1v1 and don't know how to use their staff to their advantage. They're too used to braindead awakening and only want to use that. They fall for simple mind games and get dunked on. The matchup does heavily favor me, but not enough to where you can't win. You just have to be smarter, and a lot of Wizards aren't that. That's why they play Wizard.

I don't make him my main because I don't want to main a mage. My playstyle and aesthetic preferences lean towards fast-moving rogues who dual wield or use multiple swords. Wizard is not that, so I would never main it regardless of how strong or weak it is. I told you I made it for pve - more specifically Ash Forest grinding since Ninja is absolute garbage there - and for siege when my guild needs more Wizards. Certain factors make it necessary for me to have a pocket Wizard to swap to. If my guild didn't need more succ Wizards, I would have just made a secondary succ Ranger or succ Valk instead for Ash Forest since I prefer their pve playstyles, but this kills two birds with one stone.

In playing it, I discovered how disgusting the class really is. Not just my personal experience fighting them in siege, but through actually playing the class. Coming from a class that doesn't have the luxury of protection on offensive abilities or on ccs, high ranged damage, or high amounts of utility and group support, the difference is night and day. I might not be able to do as well in some 1v1s, but what the kit offers in other modes of play bring so much to the table and allow me to do things I could never, ever do on my Ninja. There's a reason why Wizard is a one-man army in siege, without being a suicide bomber, and so many clips showcase this. Succ wizard is a top tier grinder now.

Wizard is very much op, much easier to succeed with, and will always remain relevant in pvp compared to my Ninja, until the day they hit the class hard with the nerf bat. I'll still always prefer my Ninja, because like I said, I prefer its playstyle way more over the campy and ezmode Wizard playstyle.

I've been playing Ninja since it dropped in NA/EU back in July of 2016, and BDO even longer than that. My play time actually goes back past my forum join date. I played JP for a short time, then participated in the Alpha and beta tests for NA/EU when those happened. I believe my forum join date is at around the first or second closed beta. So yeah. I'm one of the oldest Ninjas still around.

17. Stealthe

Because he wants nerfs but hes been so spoiled with playing the longest running top tier pvp class that hes used to down talking other players of inferior classes

In the post he made above this one you can easilly see that hes been so spoiled playing ninja that he thinks he thinks if he loses its because the other class is op and if he wins its a gitgud situation...its pretty typical ninja mentality.

Let me guess he likes it for the playstyle

#157 Stealthe, Oct 14, 2020
  18. Xenon

Nice try - Ninja succ meta lasted for two weeks before it got nerfed down to a middle or high tier class. Ninja awakening has been a C tier class all its life, and had a fotm meta for 3 months after the pvp rebalance before it got nerfed hard. Meanwhile, you've been king of Siege for 4 f*cking years, and succ Wiz has been the meta for 7 months now. Ninja wasn't even the best 1v1 class in the rbf stealth meta. It was the cheesiest because you could camp stealth, serpent into blade spin to kill people if you had high ap. That didn't last long however. You got a lot of nerve to say that sh*t when you get to be top Siege class for the entirety of the game, and now best class overall for 7 months. Like I said - git gud or go home.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  19. Stealthe

Lmao,Ive never even played siege but thanks im so thankful to be at the top of it.

20. Kayray

Kayray Tenebrarum Musa 62 NA

If you have problems against the class do what he's doing. Go make a post on ninja forums asking for nerfs, debate and discuss. Even in the event that ninja is broken as **** that doesn't take away from the fact that succ wiz is an abomination. Why do you feel that he isn't justified in making these claims just because you believe his class is broken? All you guys have been doing is deflecting the situation. I don't remember if it was this forum post or another (there's just so many asking for suc wiz nerfs), but you guys tried to gaslight warriors earlier and that worked for some time. Let's not stray off topic.