1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GL Notes 21th Feb - Odylitta is out! - Dande/Dslayer upgrades - Bstar armor PEN+

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by WaifuJanna, Feb 21, 2020.

1. StupidApe

Where are the buffs for other awakening classes? Where are the buffs for succession classes that are completly trash?

2. ghoulz666

The hell going on now? People never played a game with slavery in it before?

3. T800

So what next, Pedophilia? Nazi symbols? Where do you draw the line, if it just a game to you?

And to people comparing it to Conan Universe, get a grip, In BDO they are introducing slavery out of the blue 5 years in to release, in other works it's a canon staff from the start.

#243 T800, Feb 23, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    Factorial likes this.
  4. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

It's bad... in real life.

We can differentiate real life and video game. Just because I'm playing a violent video game doesn't mean I'm going around killing people, neither will I perform a surgery because I've played Surgeon Simulator hours earlier and, in the same vein, I won't enslave others because I'm not outraged by a video game using it for whatever reason.

The Sauwastika has already been removed in our region (potentially in other regions too, but I haven't paid attention if they did or not).

#244 Alterist, Feb 23, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2020
    Factorial and Paric like this.
  5. Paric

Thats like saying world is overpopulated or no worries more people get born every second to say killing some doesnt matter. Rember we are talking about imaginary world here so if imaginary genocide doesnt bother you than neather should imaginary slavery which you arent forced to participate in anyway since noebody is forcing you to buy slave labour.

Also while i belive some other posters in this thread are geniunly against the idea of slavery ingame its pretty obvius that you are just attention seeking and fishing for likes same as in countles other topics you post almost daily.

6. T800

Yes, it is a simulated world, with a bit different rule sets from the real world, but why would genocide or slavery not bother you? This terms do not change.

The only difference is whether you get punished for doing it or not! - maybe that's the whole point of them introducing slavery, to see if player still oppose it, when they don't get punished for doing it?

P.S: You can't commit genocide in MMO's, because NPC's just like players do not die permanently, unless it's a part of a story line like in World of Warcraft and Burning of the Teldraissil.

#246 T800, Feb 23, 2020
    Factorial likes this.
  7. Paric

See that is where your logic is flawed the respawning of the NPCs is simply a gameplay mehanic that represents them being replaced by new ones, its is true that in games like BDO it might not semm like it due to super fast respawn rates and ability to kill same named NPCs on multiple chars but in essence you a mixing up gameplay mehanics with lore/story mehanics here.

And yes ofcourse you cant commit genocide in any game cuz its imaginary same goes for slavery though.

#247 Paric, Feb 23, 2020
  8. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

Everyone going on about slavery..... what did you think workers were?

What just because its called a worker, and you give them something to drink after working 24/7 for you its not a slave?

LOL, oh the amount of hypocrisy in this thread over a word is truly astounding.

9. Boink

It's bound to happen. The lore of the game still has Kings and or Monarchy system. It's a normal thing to have slavery in the background.

What line are we describing here? Who takes offense to having slaves or owning one playing a fantasy game?

Edit: Nazi Symbols are in the game called Wolfenstein. Oh and just to note every people (race & color) on Earth was more likely subjugated by another. Also, If the system is reverse and you can be a King instead of a Slave would you argue that title?

#249 Boink, Feb 23, 2020
  10. T800

You are the one that is claiming you are committing genocide when you attack NPC's, and i am saying you are wrong, because you can't kill NPC's permanently for it to qualify as genocide.

Don't mix slavery and genocide together, they are very different terms.

Over a word?
    [​IMG]

A word?

[​IMG]

Didn't realized there were so few players ignorant of slavery in this forums.

But, at least you guys learned something new about your selves.

Factorial likes this.
  11. T800

It is also normal thing to oppose it. Never asked for it to be removed from O'dyllita expansion, just give an option to oppose it. Yet for some reason, some players on this forum don't want to agree even to that.

I think it would create a much more interesting story.

#251 T800, Feb 23, 2020
    Factorial likes this.
  12. Boink

I meant... shouldn't that apply as well to the very lore of the game where Kings, Queens and Princes established monarch rulers.

Are you calling for Revolution to topple the current established order of the game, just now?

Subjugation is in BDO's lore. That is why you see NPCs in cages. Even during the war where Heidel lost and now a puppet nation of Calpheon. That's why you go to x to y location to kill x and y mobs.

13. MikeyMutz

jesus to get +5 dead god on all pieces is gonna be like 5trillion silver if it uses fs past pen bs

Edit: and it gets bound to you past pen??? thats absolute trash you spend so much lvling it only to not sell it when something else comes out later in the future

Factorial and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  14. T800

I think you are fishing in the wrong pond. We are discussing O'dylitta expansion, not other regions.

If they created a linear story ( from what i saw on the Codex), my wish is to expand it, so players could chose whether they want to become Slave owners, or oppose to free them.

15. Paric

Oh i see you are now resorting to selective reading, didnt i just explain to you that npc respawn is gameplay mehanic while story/lore wise things are different you are still mixing up gameplay mehanics with story/lore explanations of the said mehanics. And nowhere in the story/lore there is any talk about the endlessly respawning NPCs in which you semm to belive in, there is quiet a lot of talk about misery of war, death and hardships inthere though..

And who is mixing genocide and slavery together i am merly saying i find it intruguing how doing one of them never bothered any of you however even an possibile option of the other clearly does.

#255 Paric, Feb 23, 2020
  16. T800

If by " one of them never bothered any of you " you mean genocide in video games ( NPC' killing) - it doesn't bother anyone because it never happens as i explained early, so how can something that never happens bother anyone?
    As for genocide in the video games storylines - it does bother people a lot. Like Burning of the Teldrassil - spawned endless discussions on WoW reddit about it. Players remembered it and condemned it.

It the same for slavery in video games - even in Conan Exile, the Funcom's creative director had to apologies for it, because it bothers people, a lot.

Just because some people on this forums are ignorant about it, to them everything is just a game, for others it's not that simple.

17. Paric

Sorry to break it to you mate but you didnt explain anything except that you are incapable of seperating gameplay mehanics from story/lore elements of the game and simply bundle them together to fit whatever point you are trying to make.

18. T800

1 sentence in the post that you quoted, i talk about game mechanics.
    2 sentence i talk about storyline.

I clearly separated them. So what's the problem? What do you not understand?

19. Nelkuran

Not quite. There is also the Abandoned Iron Mine in Mediah, where the Barbarians took over during/after the Three Days of Darkness and enslaved the workers there. And, given the setting, one can guess that some manner of slavery, indentured servitude, serfdom or what have you, has occurred in the setting's past and still may persist in its present as well.

And, even if Odylitta was the first instance of it happening, well...this is the capital city of the Ahib. As far as we've known, they're bad guys. Perhaps the lore that comes with it will add some nuance or something else to make them not completely bad guys, but even then they're still probably not good guys either.

While I haven't looked through this thread in its entirety, I doubt anyone here is advocating for pedophilia in this game either, and while I doubt Kakao or Pearl Abyss really care about it much, the Shai's poor executed censoring suggests they're at least trying to avoid any such accusations damaging their bottom line.

I don't think anyone's advocating for Nazi symbols to show up either, since that would be out of nowhere and not make sense in the context of this fictional world/setting. I'd at least be questioning why they'd make such a decision if they did that.

20. T800

Yes, you can write a story 5 years later, to create a Slave trading Faction, but that's not the question, or the argument here.

Why do you have to be a Slave owner of this people:

[​IMG]

Why does your character now can become a Slave owner, out of the blue? What, just because Ahib do it? They got a story ( we assume at least there is a story) but what about your character? Why should you be forced to become one( if that is the storyline)? Why can't i free them? Why do i have to be friendly with this faction if i disagree with their ideology?

Slavery is not a topic that you can just throw in to a game, with out giving player option to act based on their own moral and ethical believes, right?

#260 T800, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    ODB3698 and Deyric like this.