1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GL Notes 21th Feb - Odylitta is out! - Dande/Dslayer upgrades - Bstar armor PEN+

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by WaifuJanna, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Boink

Blacks were not the only ones that were slave or was given a slave collar. It doesn't make any sense to make it as race symbol. A symbol of oppression against the blacks. Come on you don't see China complaining about "Chinese food" and point out that Genghis Khan really made Chinese food when he invaded and conquered China.

Only ones that makes a big deal off it are called fanatics. Just the same set of people who complains about Wolfenstein showing off Nazi symbols or talking about Tamers and/or Shai being form of pedophilia.

LOL what? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America

Come on.... be factual and stop the exaggeration.

This game depicts NPCs being imprisoned and chained. Lore of entire city being subjugated by another. That's perfectly fine. When it comes slave collars oh lines were drawn.... and somehow your moral and ethical beliefs are questioned.

Fanatical beliefs should not influence you on playing a fantasy game where lores involves class system like Prince, Kings, Queens, Workers and or Slaves. A lore system that involves subjugation and power. Even Kzarka is chained. Come on now.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  2. Vanraven

There are people being forced into slavery all around the world, mean while you are here talking about how much you make per hour with bartering. You are super fake man.

3. Rügenwalder Pommersche

i mean i really dont care about them doing the slavery thing but arent they "dark elves" and arent they supposed to be evil so following that logic they have to do evil things right

+ its an easy solution, instead of adding new workers which wouldnt make any sense in an "evil faction" to have happy workers who want nothing except beer they just enslave the ppl of other factions (actually a really cool idea cos its fitting to the theme)

4. T800

None questions the motive of Dark Elfs for enslaving other races - that could be just part of their story.

What people advocating in here for is, how your character can react to it.

For me in particular, i want a story where i can free the slaves. So as an example: when i employ NPC's from this region in to my Working empire, they wouldn't have collars in their pictures like that:

[​IMG]

#324 T800, Feb 25, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  5. Boink

Looks like you and I have something in common. I want a story where I can free Kzarka.

[​IMG]

Imagine what kind of sick individuals will farm this poor innocent lost soul. They go to some extreme extent to make him spawn at a schedule pace. Just sickens me.

I got a question: What if they are criminals that are sentenced to slavery? Or civilizations from distant lands trying to invade the Ahib?

Dark Eus likes this.
  6. Capitaine Courage

Well, at least, all these slavery questions could raise some interesting gamedesign points.

Maybe that, for once, in what is supposed to be a role playing game, we could have the opportunity to play a "bad" person in the main story, thus making choices that make sense and have a real influence on subsequent quests, maybe even choose a side between Grana and O'Dylita. Like you would do, in, you know .... RPGs.

But looking at how pearl abyss has no freaking clue about narration and how to tell a story (it's badly delivered. so bland, not even one cinematic or dubbed dalogue in what is supposed to be an AAA prod, sold for a more exepensive price than the market average on top of that), I don't have any hope.
    You will just follow the path, read some not that well translated random text (full of mistakes when not in English) in front of a static NPC, 2002 style, and that's it.

Findubar and T800 like this.
  7. Analiyah

Well the kamasylvia questline rework has a crossroad type choice as the last quest, so for now I still have hope we'll get choices for odylita main quest :/

T800 likes this.
  8. Stabby

9. ODB3698

I'm hoping that was sarcasm? What successful video game company produces product that will not be experienced by 95ish% of their customers? I mean spending years (time and resources are money) to produce something that will barely get any use? I could see that being successful for luxury items like high end cars or mansions or jewelry, but for a mmo? Maybe they are really banking on credit card warriors to make up the difference though. Just doesn't seem smart to not have the majority of your customers experience your content.

10. Carahil

Carahil Warrior 63 EU

you will experience it in the future
    look at hystria.. nobody grinded there in the first couple of month after its release

you need to git gud first

11. ODB3698

This is under the possibly erroneous assumption that this "future" will still have BDO as the game of choice.

12. Vanraven

Problem with this is a few things:

Using your credit card =/= git gud
    Enhancement Rng =/= git gud

And lastly, it won't take a few months for a player to hit 300 ap. For the average person that might be years.

13. Carahil

Carahil Warrior 63 EU

u dont need your credit card or rng..i play since release and reached 293ap with kutum 3 weeks ago
    i never enhanced..just bought everything ez

14. WaifuJanna

WaifuJanna WaifuJanna Witch EU

15. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

You can see when clip start left back golem start casting attack and witch make zero respond for that, not even trying to block it, and i think this exactly moment was discussed when Od come to KR, that its 1 shot with very slow attacks.
    Also take a second to appreciate how balanced Witch is, that even after she die she kill doing damage.

16. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 62 EU

what? odylitta have also 1 250ap spot and 1 270ap spot so yes we are ready for it

17. WaifuJanna

WaifuJanna WaifuJanna Witch EU

still fun pen + GM blessing and mob oneshot you... doubt many players will go there its officiel the crystal break area :)

18. Findubar

I AM SO HYPED!!! This will probably come to eu/na in September, right when Cyberpunk and Valhalla get released. Sweet.
    edit: Ah damn, they come out in November :(

19. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

You expect full pen make you superman ? Nope, its make you super dead to 1 shot man with a bit more salt than regular.

20. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

if my class has long non cancelable attacks and no mobility, long cd iframes, then yea, i dont expect to be one shot in my class protection mechanics.

ODB3698, KhaosThanathan and Jinoro like this.