1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GL Patch Notes 2020-04-23: lots of big pve class buffs

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Keldorn, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Xplato

More worthless PVE Maewha buffs wake me up when PA actually stop being retarded and buff PVP. Until then worthless buffs that don't matter.

2. Hondo_Lane

ESO is one of the most boring MMO's ever

thanosgms and MentorMentat like this.
  3. Netreiam

Awakening ranger best ranger, heck off.

And while it isn't surprising its actually hilarious sad how ignored valk has been.

Single line patches that change nothing
    "split damage removal" that changes nothing
    weeks of silence after being specifically called out as one of the classes to be focused on.

Meanwhile everyone and their mom gets at least something.

ODB3698 likes this.
  4. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

To you! Not everyone has the same opinion.

Arkadia likes this.
  5. ghoulz666

DK awakening buffs. Where? Things that really needed it didn't even get touched lol.

6. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

You are insulting me :(. Axe is a lot of fun, give it a try :)

Please don't copy and paste that unformatted text. Next time you can format it properly and/or post it to the witch sub. Thanks!

ODB3698, Fateneko and WhySoSeeryus like this.
  7. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 62 EU

hope this will make kunos awk good in pve because i like both and want to play awk and succ

8. Lofty

Yeah at this point I'm starting to think Valk is their base line class, the one they use as the center point and move all the other classes around. Like the most bang-average class (in PA's eyes) but probably a bit undertuned

ODB3698 likes this.
  9. Zarankai

Buffs class ap that doesn't scale past 269 due to "summons"

sounds legit.

10. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

if im reading that translation ok, then u also got some sort of -dp 15 debuff which sounds neat combined with extra ap selfbuff.

i guess.

11. Zarankai

striker already has -15 and -20 dp debuffs so i dont think it even matters tbh

12. WhySoSeeryus

cant really comment coz i cant even make out what got the debuff from those notes, but more options to do it seems like a welcome addition and gives more variety, no?

13. Vortexii

If this is true, and there is plenty of data to suggest it is. It's one of the most fd up things Pearl Abyss has ever done. It's essentially breaking the entire scaling of damage for certain classes and making the calculations much more complicated.

There is absolutely no benefit to doing this and tons of harm. It's forced Pearl Abyss to keep modifying the numbers over and over because they don't work on their own. It's essentially Pearl Abyss trying to sabotage their own game.

Why can't we just have a simple clean AP scaling the same for ALL classes. God damn it would be nice to just have competent employees programming this.

Iv'e literally heard multiple people say things like "that class is just bad for (x) area".

14. WhySoSeeryus

my theory is that they ****ed up coding for summoned objects for one reason or another because its obvious that anything that isnt directly tied to character skills while they are performing them doesnt scale with gear ap bonuses for some reason. strikers and staffies are not he only ones affected by this, but its felt the most on these classes.

basically everything thats summoned object is suffering from this **** and fixed ap bonues. hell they even did it in successions, see succession blizzard thats stand alone.

15. Zarankai

More variety of garbage is still garbage xD and honestly if ur not doing crimson fang to dp debuff ur doin it wrong anyways. its literally how every combo should start for pve striker.

16. WhySoSeeryus

but dp debuffs arent pve only, thats the real kicker here :)

17. Zarankai

okay but why am I gonna use -15dp debuff when I have a -20 dp debuff which works pvpve? like legit xD

18. WhySoSeeryus

dunno, maybe u used it already and its on cd, or some other reason :D in any case, better to have redundancy than not, no? hard to discuss when we dont know what it is exactly.

19. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Sure about this?

20. Vortexii

Probably. Your entire damage output is based upon your Gear Score. To ignore your gear score to such a degree is virtually unthinkable. You have to go out of your way to intentionally do something that stupid. The game isn't even focused on Pets/Summon. Those should simply scale to your AP just like regular skills. They should also level like skills and be upgraded so they do the appropriate damage for your level.

This work is simply a disgrace by Pearl Abyss.

I highly doubt the skill damage upgrade is based on anything either. I bet the 5% and 10% upgrades are just numbers Pearl Abyss pulled out of their ass. It would require actual work to track and balance them, but why bother when you can just do no work at all and randomly give out RNG % upgrade.