1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Global Costume Design Contest 2018 - Grand Final Winner

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Yukimura, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Kotaro

SOOO YOU ARE SAYING THIS AMAZING AND BEAUTIUL AND GORGEOUS COSTUME COULD BE IMPLEMENTED IN GAME??
    jpa2.png

2. Ryu Blade

You can't be serious O.O
    Are you actually sure this wasn't spam voted? This must be a meme.
    Also, can you please share the number of votes for each costume? That would help.

3. kakodaimonos

Hidden numbers dude...
    You know the drill.

4. Rykoth

HAH! My money will spent towards that outfit and them some.

Zerker wins over all you crazies who like skimpily dressed children and impractical T&A costumes!

I dig it.

ga.gdv.s likes this.
  5. Hilligan

Hilligan Escanor Mystic 62 EU

oO the worst, they will not make lot of money with this sh?t

R.Prescott likes this.
  6. Parae

Not really about bashing someones' art, but when it was for real money and hundreds of legit designs got "out-voted" by that... ahahahhahaha.

I'll believe literally any goofy, whacky screwball conspiracy theory over people having actually looked at and voted for that. People don't even play berserker.

My money is on scripts or the person being some distant relative of the contest runner.

Angwar and Mana_Mafia like this.
  7. Envywastaken

Well the chance of other outfits will be made is 100%... You have to realize they have to pay 10K USD to the winner :D You think they gonna make that 10K back with that "winner" outfit? Hell no :OMEGALUL:

R.Prescott and Rozett like this.
  8. ga.gdv.s

NA and EU sort of screwed us over with their translation of the guidelines on that point. I looked at other region's announcements for the competition, and that point of the guidelines was something more along the lines of: "outfits must fit the BDO universe" I think the Japan site even went as far as specifying that if you are designing an outfit for an Asian inspired class it's fine to make an Asian outfit instead of medieval European. The winner is not completely my style, but given the pics I've seen from the new Drieghan expansion with their sort of mongolian/tribal inspired geometric ornamentation, and considering that's supposed to be the land of the giants in the lore of BDO. I really see the winner of this contest as consistent with the rules (for the international competition, if not the ones for the NA and EU servers) and as one of the more original submissions.

Onoderane likes this.
  9. Riujii

WOW. The ninja costume was AMAZING, and we will have only this ****?

10. kakodaimonos

All those spikes and horns are very practical that's for sure.

11. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

Correct, but that's up to them. Though if they're interested in sales, they'll probably look into it.

Based on the 2 years infographic of EU/NA on each server 6% of the characters were Berserkers only, whereas Ranger and Dark Knight (due to the elf ears in the design) were at 9% and 11%, but since there are no weapons it could be a costume for all female characters, which then would add up to 62%.

Cispia and Kotaro like this.
  12. Eyes of Cimeies

They were asked by participants in NA/EU to clarify numerous times during the contest and the community team failed to do so. It was an argument nearly the entire time and I don't recall anyone ever being given a clear answer. The NA/EU community team dropped the ball big time on this job. Unfortunately it doesn't make a lick of difference now, and it probably won't make a difference in the future of how things are handled on that end.

Mana_Mafia, Asterotis and midgard229 like this.
  13. Dalenos

[​IMG]

Really PA you pick that abomination as first place. Even though far better ones were submitted. You think you would be also smart enough to not pick something from NA that looks like a kkk outfit >.>

Ubbles, Vatayah, TFU3 and 5 others like this.
  14. Poni

Love the #1 costume

15. PandoraRose

Considering how complicated number 1 looks, something tells me it won't look anything like that in-game, or they're not going to bother at all.
    All in all, money saved.
    Number 2 is the only one i'd of spent money on.. if I had a wizard.
    Or if I had a wizard and was still playing because right now that seems unlikely.

16. ga.gdv.s

Alas I'm still hoping they will make the wizard costume with a hood that won last year from their first competition in Korea!

17. Amenra

There were a lot of nice designs out there. l like the berserker one, but hope they'll add some others too.

18. Rysoma

Rysoma EU

GZ to the Winners :D

Sad that some amazing arts does not made it to the finals.
    I hope that they still get the chance to made it in to the game.

Would be awesome if there where at least one new Costume of the contest for each class in the game.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  19. ga.gdv.s

I also participated in the competition with two entries I spent like a month working on, so I've been following it from the EU and NA site, and I agree, our region got a really bad deal with how the competition was managed on a local level compared to other regions, I started exploring the other regions' websites with the help from google translate after I submitted my entries. I'm just saying it seems to me that the global level of the competition was better managed and they probably learned from their first run of this competition in Korea. Here's to hoping our region learns from their mistakes for next year also.

20. Rysoma

Rysoma EU