1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Global Costume Design Contest 2018 - Grand Final Winner

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Yukimura, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Asterotis

I can see it now "We were unable to implement the following design due to the complexity for our artists."

2. Asterotis

You were robbed... do you hear me... ROBBED!

Vamathi likes this.
  3. Cheyr

I may not be observant and stuff but I have never seen that #1 design during the selected showcase? It's like a #1 out of nowhere.
    I can't really complain though since I didn't vote because I knew it's all in the numbers and not really a player's true appreciation.
    Good on the #1 place but I am actually disappointed.

Dalenos likes this.
  4. ⇋๖ۣۜTʜᴇ01xвᴏxᴇʀ

How to waste an occasion to make a lot of money
    -Do not put any protection like steam verification and such so votes can be botted
    -Release the worst outfit for the least played class and give a thai botter 10k$ that you will never make back with that thing being sold on cash shop

Ez

Dalenos, Mana_Mafia and R.Prescott like this.
  5. gemuzih

I'm from Thai server too and didn't vote for this
    really disappoint about the result :(

Taniko likes this.
  6. Azzier

it's fine.glad i come this far...thank you

midgard229 likes this.
  7. Nepheisa

Welp lets hope they like other costumes and implement them. How on earth did that costume win.. and where is the underlying middle aged european theme? Or was that just a rule for NA/EU? <_<

Sidina and Mana_Mafia like this.
  8. AquaNoixl

No TH has this rule as well so...... :(

9. Taniko

Haha Guys, April 1st is over

Ashlinidor, midgard229 and Mana_Mafia like this.
  10. Sniffles

I can't believe this one won... was told the artist for the zerker outfit is a bit youtuber in thailand too... I wouldn't be surprised if his fanbase mass voted for his costume to win even though they don't play BDO. Allowing people, not just players, to vote was a horrible mistake and could easily be exploited. Good job PA on letting the least interesting costume in the top 10 (a costume that shouldn't have even been in the top 10) win. You're sure to make that 10k back with this costume. *clap*

11. Carina Villagomez

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  12. Barnowear

You people should realise that the drawing has nothing to do with the real looks of the final costume, tbh i dont like the artist style but im fine with the design, most of you are just analizing the costume as players, and thats not how art contests work; many of you are 100% biased, thats water clear.

P.S if the votes were botable all costumes got more votes, not just the winner, youre absolutely biased.
    And BTW there were specific rules about the costumes design, if people did not read them is not PA's business, deal with it guys; if i were the one to decide i would've trashed 80% of all the costumes. Theyre already paying the winners, you cant ask them for more.

#152 Barnowear, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    Krankwagon likes this.
  13. Sniffles

Oh, hey they might implement some of the other costumes into the game LOL those will make them money for sure... not this zerker one. Good going PA. **** the community as long as you get money.

14. Wet Cake

DISAPPOINTED BUT NOT SURPRISED.

TFU3 and midgard229 like this.
  15. Pastrybox

middle aged european jungle terror, seems legit

Niriko likes this.
  16. Milinia

There you go then, that explains it.

17. REDrecorder

That is the most surprising today.Congrats to designers

They (pearlabyss and officer in all regions) need to work more professional next time.

18. jose0320

that zerker costume is horrible

Mana_Mafia and Spooky5.56 like this.
  19. Jennaby1221

Every single costume entered in the contest was better was than any of the costumes we have in the pearl shop now. However that trash zerker outfit shouldnt have even come close to making it to the top 3 winners, let alone the to 10..There were so many costumes that blew that zerker costume away. I cant believe that shyt won..now kakao will be paying 10k for a costume that will hardly sell..That third costume from Japan is way better and i voted for that one. Im not surprised the wizard one is there either.

20. Vincent Xyooj

I'm sorry... But how did that win first place... Grand prize? hmmm :O... That has to be the worse design I've ever seen in my entire life zzz... I can be this way the guy is from Thailand or w/e :D... Horrible design compared to the others that were done :|... Now pls tell me who the hell was voting... Doubt this is a community thing :/... I see it more as what the company thinks will make more profit :|... Bad choice though, grats to the other winners... First place should have been to someone who diserved it :o. No I'm not salty XO, but its a shame. First place should have been the second or third entry... Good luck selling that abomination :)

midgard229 and Mana_Mafia like this.