1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Global Costume Design Contest 2018 - Grand Final Winner

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Yukimura, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Mumnoch

Really disappointed in the result.None of these would be my top 3. But I get my tastes are not everyone else's.

Krankwagon likes this.
  2. Spooky5.56

Just put all ten of the costume in the game..........**** more importantly put this one in there
    [​IMG]

#162 Spooky5.56, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    Sidina and Envywastaken like this.
  3. Ignapa

Congrats to all the winners.
    I'd just like to add that imo they shoud add some of the top 10 designs into the game or at least the top 3. It's true that kakao doesn't usually listen to us, but lots of people are willing to buy some of the costumes and that means some juicy money for them. (BTW it's funny how the 1# won with so many haters in the forums *cough cough*)

4. odd

odd

zerker jungle terror coming to you late 2020!!!!!!!!!!stay tune!!d!!!!!!!!

Krankwagon and midgard229 like this.
  5. JadeRose

D:<Pretty much everyone Hates this choice and obviously needs to be re voted for, you cant be that blind not to see/read it. Listening to the players is what matters most, This contest needs to be redone asap. The 1st place is horrid an a joke and a big slap in the face. :( 2nd or 3rd would be a better 1st.

Mana_Mafia and Ignapa like this.
  6. Zeryetia

I think it's quite interesting how many people actually complain about this outfit and yet it won. I mean, think about it. Thailand is actually a pretty poor country compared to other countries that participated in it. 10k dollars is not like a few months to a year for us. 10k dollars is for them a few years. So it wouldn't be surprising for me if someone did manipulate the contest votes.

#166 Zeryetia, Apr 11, 2018
    midgard229 and Mana_Mafia like this.
  7. Mana_Mafia

This is so aggravating.

Dalenos likes this.
  8. Dalenos

It's pretty obvious that this voting was rigged and PA didn't do a good job of preventing spam voting.

9. Krankwagon

Can we please just get that awesome NA one for the striker/mystic?
    Tbh I love the aesthetic of the jungle zerker, hell I even voted for the rook zerker skin. I hated all of the top 10 cept for this one and russia. I'm happy that the crappy NA one did not win. Since most of it was garbage. I don't think all you people whining about how it wasn't your pick deserve to have the contest redone or have the other 2 put in. If someone else one people would complain too.

10. midgard229

What if the vote numbers are pearl abyss staff votes and not community?

Regardless Grats to all the winners! Phenomenal work from everyone

#170 midgard229, Apr 11, 2018
  11. Krankwagon

who knows

midgard229 likes this.
  12. Krankwagon

the winner doesn't suit my tastes, but the only costume that I liked got bumped out by the crap wizard one. So I voted for one that looked nice and was unique

13. Dragonici

lol, I didn't even vote for those xD

14. Darkseid

How the hell did this win. Forget that its a Zerker costume. It looks ugly as hell.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  15. CherryLolo

I'm glad Japan made it too. Was my favorite out of them :)

16. Mynameis

You must be kidding me. That costume is the worst piece of crap I've ever seen. That guy must have been begging for votes on his youtube channel or something. Undeserved.

No idea why was it even accepted in this design contest. It has nothing to do with mediaval Europe.
    I'd instantly disqualify this ridiculous "costume".

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  17. Vikachu

To back this up, $10K is 311k Baht. A good designer can earn 15k Baht a month, which equates to 180k Baht a year. Thus, $10k USD is just over a year and a half's salary.

If a year and a half's salary was at stake, just looking from their standpoint I'd probably cheat too. That being said, I don't know what exactly happened, and we might never know, unfortunately.

I believe the voting should have been done by per region, and tallying of all the per region votes into one big vote. (And having it done locally, by owners of the game or steam login ONLY.)

Miloszek218 and Mana_Mafia like this.
  18. Arudius

I disagree, the top 10 were mostly garbage, no offense but totally a result in some cases of simply not having any solid competition and being region locked for too long allowing mediocre designs to win the region but fall short in comparison to other regions with stronger contenders. So many great designs that likely could of beaten this zerker out had they not been region locked prior to final. Really rough process, not clearly thought out and not designed around elevating the best design.

I doubt there will ever be a next one but here's some hindsight:

1. Don't class lock outfits, ask for male & female versions so people don't feel obligated to vote for "their class".
    2. Don't region lock the voting process past the very first phase.
    3. Tie voting to actual game accounts and not gmail / IP which is easily circumvented.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  19. Xecty

Second place design looks a lot like Grenth from Gw2

Sidina likes this.
  20. Jennaby1221

Idk how many entries there were in the contest, but almost all of them are better than the costumes we have in the pearl shop now. If I was running kakao or pearl abyss. I would just put most of these costumes in the pearl shop right off the bat for people to buy. Then pay royalties to each of the players that designed them. Everyone gets to wear a nice costume, and the designers get to see their costume become real. For example, I'm pretty sure that dark knight costume with the boney tail and skeletal structure would have sold thousands, idk why that wasn't even first place.

Even if my idea was actually implemented, I'm sure they would just class and gender restrict them..because I'm a valk and I haven't seen 1 single valk costume entry yet..don't even think I saw a mystic one.

Random side note. Idk why the f.k kakao brought back that gross termine outfit from last summer. I've been waiting for a new unique costume for months. MONTHS and I'm sure others have too.

#180 Jennaby1221, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018