1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Global Costume Design Contest 2018 - International voting

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Praballo, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Skarrlette

Skarrlette Sorceress 62 NA

when did i ever bad mouth anyone? lol...
    and yea They didn't want to make it in the game. Simple. End of story. i get it

2. Celty24

Not sure what's going on, but for some reason I cannot vote, as others said, Google apparently doesn't register my login, not sure if the site is just over loaded, but google never takes my account logins. :(

3. LexiiBunnii

Same here idk whats going on =/

4. Arudius

@CM Praballo How exactly do we vote? It says login to a google account, what if we don't use google? Can we just make a million google accounts (edit and use a VPN) and vote for what we want? Why isn't voting tied to our game login?

#44 Arudius, Mar 29, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  5. CherryLolo

6. Nomz

It only allows one vote per IP. So you can't just make dozens of accounts and vote, my other half and I could only vote once together since we share the same IP. :D

#46 Nomz, Mar 29, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  7. Skarrlette

Skarrlette Sorceress 62 NA

VPN's lol

8. Arudius

Ya I wasn't gonna say but, this. Not exactly a reliable way to do this if they aren't tieing it to accounts that have actually purchased the game.

9. Arudius

@CM Praballo If you guys aren't going to make a real effort to tie voting to actual game accounts you might as well end the community voting process all together and just let the devs vote amongst themselves because there's no way in hell it won't be abused and exploited.

LostSoulsQueen and Sawarru like this.
  10. celvice66

something i cant help but notice iis one of the NA entries wasn't even in the top 10 if i recall namely this one, and after rechecking the top 10s i was sure it wasn't there not complaining kinda disappointed the maehwa one i wanted from NA didn't get picked as that was the one i wanted most but o well cant win em all. but how does that work i dont mind votes bein vetoed by devs but confused as to how one not even in top 10 made it to top 5 of its reagion[​IMG]

11. Denthors

i wont vote cuz the costume I wanted was not selected... so screw you :)

12. Hadewych1234

I cant vote, I login with my google account none

13. Hadewych1234

14. Ahaetulla

Ahaetulla Ranger 61 NA

Musa-Flame likes this.
  15. Milinia

I for one am glad Hot Tea made it in because I voted for this one in the first round but seriously?!
    What a mess again.

giphy.gif

tealover007 and Vamathi like this.
  16. SPIIKE

What of a joke this company is, next time dont ask community voting if youre going to take down the ones with the most votes, just proves once more how incompetent BDO_teams are.

Ashenvall likes this.
  17. Arudius

Pretty sure some were removed for plagiarism and they do reserve the right to choose, it's stated in the rules. We vote then they pick then we vote then they pick etc. Our votes inform those decisions but they don't make them finite. If they did the pink zerker would win because there are more trolls in this community than not :P. However this voting process is totally botched, doesn't work at all and even if it did is subject to VPN and Email generation abuse since it appears to not need to be tied to a game account.

18. Celaiona

Dont worry. It appears they fixed this by making sure you cannot login at all. And they dont show the vote numbers so the community can't see that their vote doesn't count and that PA will pick the final winner (read: easiest to make).

19. Vamathi

Vamathi Macabre 61 EU

How does it matter? The winner isnt chosen by community alone, doesnt really matter how many votes each costumes has.

Milinia likes this.
  20. Arudius

I'd be totally fine with them just voting internally, this whole voting process has been handled terribly anyway. Just let the devs decide.