1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Global Costume Design Contest 2018 - International voting

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Praballo, Mar 29, 2018.

1. DeaD.aj

Don't worry about these people bruv! They want E.T costumes and F-18 jets as mounts in bdo.

CherryLolo likes this.
  2. Durain

90% of the final designs are either lazy, horrible or unoriginal like come on nothing what's on offer here is new or good looking to have on any of my characters.. ALL of the current selection in EU are terrible in comparison to the ones that got knocked out in the voting. I am not being biased because i don't really play right now and I play a Ranger and I already have a good outfit so Im not looking for a new ranger outfit.. but come on these outfits... i almost believe the contest is rigged.

Zanikyosh likes this.
  3. DeaD.aj

Who are you to tell these artists that actually spent time, put their work and emotions into making these costumes, that they are unoriginal and lazy??? Lets see your costume design! Make sure it's ORIGINAL AND UNBIASED because you don't really play right now. lel.

You remind me of the gutter everyone avoids.

Go suck a good juicy big onion :)

Sidina, Gamza, Toaster and 1 other person like this.
  4. Lunarspell

Nobody cares about what you think is fit for your characters! It is so rude and disrespectful to insult artists that made it to this stage. If you feel the chosen designs don't reflect your taste, no one is forcing you to vote.

It is bound to be like this, some design will make it, some not.
    How my dad used to say:" don't go around shitting into people's taste". Just cause you're disappointed with the outcome doesn't give you the right to spread negativity towards all the remaining artists,calling them lazy, horrible and so on.

#124 Lunarspell, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  5. Tinikka

Tinikka Van_Essie Sorceress EU

They looks beautifull, wow!

6. BarbaNegra

what a dissapointment u.u tough votes going to count for something :/

Sawarru likes this.
  7. PandoraRose

I see where you're getting at, and you're right, not everybody has the same tastes.
    Buuut I don't think they're calling the artists lazy or horrible. Just the designs. As an artist myself, and as is much with life, you can't please everyone with your work.

Durain likes this.
  8. Shanothy

Couldn't help but notice that Taiwan misses 50% of one of the costumes. It's supposed to be kuno+ninja? Original is attached, you can check voting and there's only ninja one and not kuno.

Attached Files:

9. CherryLolo

Haha thanks :)
    I know not everyone likes my design, which is absolutely fine.

I will participate again if there's ever another contest. It's a lot of fun competing with so many talented people.

10. Fayrix

I don't get all the fuss about that maehwa skin, in my eyes it wasn't even original as blue and black is the most overused color duo in the history of arts, not to mention that the overall design reminded me greatly of Aion skins. it would have popped out of the game like a sore thumb in my opinion, but I don't even like around half of the ones up for voting as this lacey-frilly-puff stuff with skirts that basically don't even hide nothing is def not my cup of tea. I loved bdo as it is way more realistic when it comes to world, skins, but I can see that slowly it will turn into the same old asian mmo stuff. I just hope it don't ends up as Tera, with two triangles on a boob and one to serve as panties.... I didn't even cast a vote on Japan, cause I won't vote for something I don't like... I'm really curious which ten will get to the finals, but I don't have my hopes up at this point. Who could have foreseen that cyberwaifu skins will get the most votes? :D
    And don't get me wrong. I'm not saying anything about the quality of the arts that got in, they are all well-thought, nice costumes, I just can't see most of them in this game...

Zealshin, Sawarru and CherryLolo like this.
  11. Beeso

The hardest to choose from for me was South America. If i could I would have voted for 3 of them.

12. Sunvaar

Sunvaar Sunvaar Maehwa 62 EU

Rigged contest, thanks for nothing. Have fun, decieved community. But then again, it is Kakao, right? They are good in one thing though; Having "flexible" terms of use.

Well, for a contest of top and runner ups in every region, it doesnt have to be unique. And if it does, there is no use in previous voting FROM THE COMMUNITY. Ppl are mostly frustrated that they are being asked to vote on things they do not really like, so the majority that voted for best costumes, will not vote in this contest. That means that this contest wont be a voting contest anyway, or at least the minority will vote for what they like, thus try to decide the outcome of the "best". And who says, it will not be rigged again in order for the winner being someone that is biased by Kakao. So what is the point of Voting in the end? Nothing.

#132 Sunvaar, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    Wet Cake and Sawarru like this.
  13. Sawarru

i was dissapointed when i saw your costume didnt make it. I wanted to vote for it :<

14. CM Avalace

Community Manager

[UPDATE] The Google login window is now fixed for NA players who had difficulty logging in!

ElPsyKongroo, ashlye, Moraea and 2 others like this.
  15. Wet Cake

The male character entries that made it to the top 10 are AWESOME! But somehow, even with 90% of the entries being for female classes, the picks for the ladies are terrible. Come the **** on... Why even hold a vote if you're going to pick the ones we didn't vote for?

16. Wet Cake

The contest is rigged, but that is on Pearl Abyss and not the artists.

17. Wet Cake

^

18. bluewill

Does anyone have the costume submission forum link for countries of korea/south east asia/thailand/taiwan/russia/south america? I want to see all their submissions but don't know how to navigate through their websites =(

19. Arvalo

Arvalo Galavant Lahn 62 NA

Wow across all regions only like 2 I even kinda like ended up in this round of selections.

Disappointing.

20. ashlye

I voted for all of the good ones including this one[​IMG]
    but I didnt vote for those beserker outfits bc beserkers are ugly af!!!

memorysenemy likes this.