1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Global Costume Design Contest 2018 - Voting NA

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Praballo, Mar 14, 2018.

?

You have 3 votes:

Poll closed Mar 20, 2018.
  1. Runenith - Primal Flare

291 vote(s)
    6.5%
  2. Vangard - Shades of Ash

625 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. Bianca - Wayward Curiosity

269 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. Kimewon - Runekeeper

117 vote(s)
    2.6%
  5. Lyezara - The Cursed Widow

106 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. Dragokir - Gilded Feathers

412 vote(s)
    9.2%
  7. Onyxwing - Scion of Hystria

344 vote(s)
    7.6%
  8. LiliumBrownii - Fairy Dance

336 vote(s)
    7.5%
  9. LiliumBrownii - Night Blossom

398 vote(s)
    8.8%
  10. ColdNorth - Beast Hunter

289 vote(s)
    6.4%
  11. Tanbata - Kaeis Astreus

155 vote(s)
    3.4%
  12. Kaeli - Red Crane

432 vote(s)
    9.6%
  13. Cultix - Rose Garden

41 vote(s)
    0.9%
  14. Cimeies - Desert Oracle

223 vote(s)
    5.0%
  15. Micis - Di Order Spirit

154 vote(s)
    3.4%
  16. Kaeli - Astromancer

555 vote(s)
    12.3%
  17. Sovereignity - Snake Empress

381 vote(s)
    8.5%
  18. Kaeli - Bull Rush

105 vote(s)
    2.3%
  19. Hearting - Sand Slinger

177 vote(s)
    3.9%
  20. Borkdrive - Devil's flower

278 vote(s)
    6.2%
  21. Kaeli - Elion's Herald of War

279 vote(s)
    6.2%
  22. Scintillare - Lover's Pride

626 vote(s)
    13.9%
  23. AkagamiKurama - Beyond Martial Art Spirit

582 vote(s)
    12.9%
  24. Zuh - Artdomia

145 vote(s)
    3.2%
  25. Cracklink - Celestial Body

83 vote(s)
    1.8%
  26. Adanessa - Vanha's Tear

80 vote(s)
    1.8%
  27. Azure_Sky - Hela's Champion

40 vote(s)
    0.9%
  28. VictoryTM - Ikki Jumoru

55 vote(s)
    1.2%
  29. Cursed_Crow - The Royal Set: Greed

54 vote(s)
    1.2%
  30. Savast - Alizarin

186 vote(s)
    4.1%
  31. Praise_Joko - Fawning Frostbite

148 vote(s)
    3.3%
  32. Oblit - Oblit

424 vote(s)
    9.4%
  33. Azzier - Forsaken

1,439 vote(s)
    32.0%
  34. Pudori - Blood Dress

73 vote(s)
    1.6%
  35. Sillybeans - Celestial Garment

190 vote(s)
    4.2%
  36. Hot_Tea - Raven's Eye

396 vote(s)
    8.8%
  37. Sushiroe - Higanbana

485 vote(s)
    10.8%
  38. Sorbet - Autumna Flos

326 vote(s)
    7.2%
  39. Sorbet - Lepidoptera

306 vote(s)
    6.8%
  40. Sorbet - Nox Draconis

223 vote(s)
    5.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamza

I was really hoping for this one [​IMG]
    to get to the voting stage. Would have fit Kunoichi quite well, and looked very cute too. Reconsider? Ah well, there are some nice ones for kunoichi in its stead.

2. Vontiva

I did not expect my entry to make it to this round because of the tough competition. But I must say, personally, I am surprised with the overall selection. I will carebear and say everyone did really well, and yes, submitting multiple entries would increase someone's chance to get chosen, but putting through 3-4 designs from a single user is quite insane. So two designers alone have 7/30 entries. In total, 3 designers take up about a third of entries 9/30. Let's say you think all of the costumes designs from one designer are outstanding (I personally do not, but that is my preference) could you really not choose any of the other many entries available that were just as good if not better? I really don't understand why there is not quite as much variation in design/DESIGNER than was expected from a "professional" team choosing for a $10000 prize. To say that this was a fair selection of entries would be untruthful. The odds are certainly in some people's favor. Good luck to those that have a single entry.

Giginly, ga.gdv.s, slapdot and 6 others like this.
  3. Aeternelle

Even thought some of the costumes I checked out in the submissions didn't go in, I'm really happy to see the diversity of arts being represented here ! Various level of skills are displayed, showing that's it's all about the costume itself and not much about how many details got crammed into a single drawing (although some of them I find breathtaking and wish they could be drawn in combat post and background for wallpaper purposes!)

Surachii likes this.
  4. DonCatrin

5. Cummere

disapointed that some low quality ones made the cut and some really good ones did not. I honestly think the NA and EU GMS are very lazy and did not go through the entire submission thread, and i really dislike that out of all the various regions we have the laziest voting implementation.

SereneDreams likes this.
  6. Lostarot

My mistake; It's been awhile since I had to re-register to these forums; forgot that they weren't automatically created and connected to our game accounts but in hindishght I recall the old BDO forums being the same way.

I've just seen this sort of thing before in other communities where there isn't this oversight and it has always been slightly disheartening to me, is all. No hard feelings?

#106 Lostarot, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Aapple_Fry likes this.
  7. Lostarot

Actually they did adhere to it and they actually got one of 3 of my votes along with Harting's stunning Sorc and Azzier's wizard. Nysandir, my wizard would totally rock those feathers and though I love the floating awakening books in Cimeies I just want it to win in hopes there will be a design for ninja too. :3

OK TO THE POINT:

The rules said "Middle Ages of Europe is the underlying theme. Not the literal translation of...

#107 Lostarot, Mar 15, 2018
    Asterotis and SereneDreams like this.
  8. Asterotis

This is what angers me too, plagiarism is called out in these kinds of events, but it takes GMs/CMs forever to actually take action against it.
    In Blade and Soul, this happened not once, but twice, and nothing was done until the community took to reddit/twitter and the forums. One of the CMs even came to the reddit to call people liars, even though the person pointed it out on the live stream too with links.
    It's like screening is non-existent when it comes to these contests and nothing gets my blood boiling more than plagiarists.

9. Eyes of Cimeies

I appreciate the recognition for my design. I made it for wizard because of the books but I main a ninja and would absolutely love pretty much any of these for ninja because we get no love :D

I also hope that they look into the plagiarism issues before it goes much further. At this point it isn't really their fault somebody decided to copy a design they may or may not be familiar with. But if either of those designs should win or become implemented, then their negligence will come back to them should they fail to investigate further.

midgard229 likes this.
  10. Lostarot

And they better keep the book elements to it as well! It would fit well with my ninja's RP as he buys, rebinds, repairs, transcribes, and sells books. :)

11. Zephyrsong

and not a single ninja related costume was chosen...

Eyes of Cimeies likes this.
  12. Eyes of Cimeies

Mine, too :D He's a research alchemist.

(also I had two other designs that weren't chosen that were intended to include all classes they unfortunately didn't like as much)

13. midgard229

Underlying theme is not the same as overall theme

Najla and Eyes of Cimeies like this.
  14. RainnellLynnMitarius

I love LOVER's PRIDE it have some PUNCH ((you see what I did there)) But I don't think that all this is a reason to be angry or calling out that the Dev didn't do a good job at picking. Everyone taste is different certainly and we should all respect that!

I am proud of all our contestant, From the people that didn't make it or did! you just have to look at the Likes on your pictures and tell yourself that someone stopped and looked at what you created, judged it and loved it! it's something to be proud of and to Cherish that a community entirely takes time to look over and just appraise it. To fight for our own taste is not something people should do...We should fight to WIN! it's not about fighting in between each other, it's about a worldwide contest, like Olympics! right now KR is picking their best, RU is picking their best--- It's our turn to do so and to fight at the end for the Dev's to judge.

No matter who's the winner at the end. NA, or EU or RU or KR ----be proud that someone from our country made it, created it and shared it. That the world saw it! and probably that the world will wear it!

My biggest concern is ....from many people I know---which were unpleased with the costumes presented! decided to just vote for people they know, to give them a better chance. Which is nice and all that yes! but really...I felt its unfair to the others that actually deserve also recognition. If you have to vote, vote for something you'd like to see or have. This is not a popularity vote and again let's not make this into one.

Make sure you vote for something that will represent US, you and everyone else. Something you'd put 40$ to buy and that even despite it being the class you play or not. We all have taste and different view of Fashion, we are still a community and should stand by it and not hate each other cause of it.

---they could have made it KR only like last year...

15. Javelin

I'm really surprised there are like 6x as many total votes on the NA thread as there is on the EU thread, do people not realize they are allowed to vote on both or what?

So 1st place is a decent looking wizard with an insane voting lead.
    2nd place is underwear?
    3rd is a blacksmiths wet dream
    and 4th is... more underwear + a hat?

So people either want to be a badass or... they want to get naked.

I'm so confused. Also, who in their right mind holds a voting contest using a forum poll does no one at kakao work as an engineer? Do they have no clue how easy it is to compromise? These aren't exactly secure people. Just saying, lol.

#115 Javelin, Mar 15, 2018
  16. Choi

It's really sad as an artist myself when people cry plagiarism or put down artworks, because they don't understand parallel thinking/conceptual pieces/tropes/inspired pieces. Nothing is ever going to be completely original, that doesn't discount someone's vision, creativity, or talent. Don't be petty because your favorite or your submission didn't make the cut.

17. UrbanNoodles

How do I even vote? All I see is a list of names with "You have 3 votes" yet there are no check boxes or anything.

18. Surachii

Might have to relog! I believe voters must have the game as well (just in case you don't?)

19. Pyrenix

Dude I should gift you Art Mems for this It brung a tear to my eyes. 10/10

Choi, Crucianna and Ashellia_Vei like this.
  20. ghoulz666

Meh I'll pass. DK's options all look like the same damn design like the ones we already have. Wtf?

This feels like that Mystic character design contest and just some ones sticking out in the front were picked. Many of these are so meh.

#120 ghoulz666, Mar 15, 2018
    SereneDreams and Risa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.