1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Global Costume Design Contest - Top 10 EU [Updated: 6/14/18] Prizes delivered!

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Kabz, Mar 20, 2018.

1. CherryLolo

Thank you :>

2. Mzelle

Yes, I voted for this costume, I want it !

3. Ser3rere

Leopold_Kain likes this.
  4. Crescentmoon

Sorry... non of the above are atractive enough besides the only one i may consider is the Desire outfit.. but that scythe realy need to have its beak changed.. ugly as hell.. and as every one stated not enough male out fits .. this contist shoulde have had rules that each class have it own exsampels and voting for each class....

And please bee more creativ many of the outfits are eather was copy past from other games or inspired off.. or taken from other fantasy pics..
    non of the ones i woted for made it in top 10.. but the ones i woted for was the most original.. well that is how things go :D

5. Noxie

Where do I Vote? BUT THIS YES THIS! Give it to me!
    Family Name: Nomnomz
    Name / Alias of designer: Nomz
    Title: Acervus Ossum
    Class: Dark Knight

6. Pep_Pur

maxfactory_elf06.jpg
    Family Name: Shadowtracer
    Name / Alias of designer: Mary
    Title of the Costume: Galadia Aurora
    Class Name: Witch Please win and make it for Mystic as well just add gloves or gauntlets. Galadia Aurora is cutier than this outfit. And this one has made a lot of money.

Niriko, DeaD.aj and Dunkleosteus like this.
  7. Nomz

That's actually Lineage 2 in-game armour (majestic light).. no money was made from that. :)

8. Pep_Pur

I know it's Lineage 2 it says as much on the ad to sell the doll. The doll in the image sold and made money and the outfit helps dolls and statues sale. I used it as it was white and gold and not as cool as Mary's outfit.

9. blitzstativ

Dont like the Outfits that much, especially for sorcs. These Outfits look like the ingame outfits, nothing new just boring. The second one for sorc... yeah whats this.. an armor for the desert. Lol?
    There was great armors out, "wasteland reaper", or this one from kratos. These armors were a new fresh cool spirit.
    Dont understand this "decisions".
    Yeah give me another kibelius. Just white t-shirt, for good overall protection and so much immersion.

10. Lunarspell

@Pep_Pur
    I swear you read my mind :D Was thinking exactly the same; I actually have an idea which I am working on, of a real epic gauntlet that exploits a bit more the crystal theme she has going on her accessories, and that has an underlayer with a nice effect coming from it (kind of like releasing energy).What do you think?
    I am happy I chose pants for my witch. Staring at the screen, trying to fantasize about this costume, I figured that I would rather stun my enemies with an ability, and not by a flash of my underpants hahahhahahaha XD

Pep_Pur and DeaD.aj like this.
  11. Mystica

I am glad that I have reached the top 10 EU.

It is sad that only 10 artworks could go further because there were a lot of great projects.

I want to thank you all for voting on me.

furyaquin and CherryLolo like this.
  12. Blooming_orchid

the final vote part is unfair, the reason is because people don't understand the criteria by which Korean devs will going to choose one. the other reason is because of personal attitude unsuccessful fans/artists against other (more creative works) artists.
    The public vote should be the first- this could make a small influence on works that might be not meet full attention of you (server devs/gm) from the works you took out in the list. but the last part have to be your personal decision based on how to promote the few chosen who has best chances to win at the end. imo​

Fayrix likes this.
  13. Fayrix

I get what you say. From all the comments I looked through, both here and on facebook, I can see that half of the voting people don't even understand the way how this contest is made up. A lot of them thinks the server skins will only be available on their server, other half thinks these are the winners, some demands changes on the outfits, and of course more than half of all the players wants some smexy-skin-showing-flashy eyeburner piece that totally does not has to do with any of the BDO themes. Yay. Community contest was the cause of that 10 winner korean skins too last time, and what, half of them were actually made into costumes cause others couldn't be made or were so out of the given theme, but were still voted for top place cause boobies? I know it's a way to drag in community, but anytime I saw community contests running it was decided by how much friends you can convince to vote on you, or how popular you are. I like most of the skins that reached top 10 on NA and EU, there were other good ones which didn't made it, it's really a shame that this contest is so filled with salt and toxicity now. I can understand why, but mostly I can see people who are salty that their works haven't made it, or people who just trashtalk all of these. People worked on these skins , for hours, for days, if you don't like it at least don't talk about it like it's a piece of trash.
    I hope they figure out a better way of handling contests for next time, and I think closing comments for this should also be a must. Some people tend to act really cruel just to get what they want, with no care of how others will feel....

14. Horstmann

Medieval europe by the way.

Is that just something thrown in there to use as an excuse for throwing some outfits out of the competition? The ones remaining surely doesn't seem medieval to me.

PS the kuno outfit, looks like the dragon is performing self-fellatio.

15. Pep_Pur

I love the detail on the jewelry its so awesome. I will state I am on the NA servers and do not know the artist. I just kept up with it as i entered on the loosing side. But my main thing was something cool/beautiful for my Mystic. I have not bought an outfit for her yet was waiting for these. have several things already on my Tamer and Darkkight. As a female player I want something besides bouncing boobs. I love classic rich girl look. i played perfect world just to buy cloths and use her like a paper doll, they had a wardrobe that changed your outfit auto every few mins thus I had oodles of cloths. I wish we had that in Black desert.

Lunarspell likes this.
  16. Fayrix

It turns out after you read ALL the other servers' rules, that the theme was supposed to be BDO-theme. Medieval europe was the cause of the total confusion on our servers. When people asked for clarifying our CM's thought it would serve well, and it didn't. Medieval europe is a really strict theme and gives the artists way less freedom. To be honest I'd like to see what could all of these people come up with if this hadn't been said. BDO's theme comes from medieval themes, arabian themes, varied asian themes and a bit of nordic themes. Also I see two or three of the costumes that could even fit into the medieval europe theme, but of course if we would get that theme strictly even the game itself doesn't stand a chance. Female classes couldn't even get armor, just long robes and corsets so I guess in conclusion we can say that the term "medieval europe" did more bad than good - as it was intended.

Horstmann likes this.
  17. CherryLolo

Lol, wasn't my intention to make it look like that. Wasn't able to draw it in a different way xD

Horstmann likes this.
  18. Guiran

Firebreather has my vote, but mostly because I want a properly armored DK costume and this one fits that most. Doesn't have to be a full suit of armor, just.....no more stockings and small shoes please. xD

19. furyaquin

Thank you!! ^^,

20. furyaquin

Well i didn't make it to global top so whatever :D good luck everyone who made it