1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Global Costume Design Contest - Top 10 NA [Updated: 6/14/18] Prizes Delivered!

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Kabz, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Wilter

The other issue is the costume has some uncomfortably familiar elements, and it was already something the "artist" previously created about 4 years ago. Literally every art contest I've ever known has stated in the rules that you must make your idea FOR THE CONTEST, so this only adds to the pure laziness of this contestant. I've spent longer than I like to admit going through his stuff and he plays what i call the "Victim Snake" so hard. It's all just way too shady to be deserving of a spot in the top 10, especially with all the amazing entries that didnt make the cut.

Yolai, Thirea, SereneDreams and 3 others like this.
  2. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Berserker NA

Still no love for the most macho class.
    Too many soyboys playing female classes :(

3. Xandorai

Yea, a Mystic in an outfit like the Jousting armor makes a lot of sense. :O

All the current Mystic armors are appropriate for the classes playstyle, and only the Kibelius can be said to show "too much" skin.

The Striker/Mystic armor combo listed here is nice, but I'm not sure its style "fits" the game... looks more like an outfit suited for Beserkers.

4. JohnnyReews

My next vote gonna be NIGHT BLOSSOM

5. The_Death_Princesses

I am just sad that we didn't see one good Ranger costume. It's pathetic to think that nothing but lingirie/nighties would ever be worn in the wilds. Wish I had an artistic bone in my body so at least there would have been a real Ranger chance. BTW, no offense to the one here you have talent, but my point is that's not survival gear....

6. ShadowstarXIII

I want that Tamer and Kunoichi ones

Ebba likes this.
  7. BarbaNegra

my outfit always shows only the pre awakening, i hope they can put the awaening u.u

[​IMG]

8. Xandorai

I think many of the listed outfits could be used by multiple classes, so its possibly not quite as bad as you think.

Demonic Angel likes this.
  9. Xandorai

Would be tough to pick just 5 of those outfits, but if I were to make that decision they would be:
    Forsaken
    Astromancer (my favorite)
    Gilded Feathers (sorc, mystic, valk, dk, ranger)
    Higanbana (tamer, maehwa, kuno, lahn)
    Oblit (sorc, mystic, witch; will never come to NA, too many sensitives type would complain about too much skin).

10. MrZeph

Oh my @BarbaNegra I really like yours now for striker, makes me want to make one just for that haha, cheers best of luck my dood!

BarbaNegra likes this.
  11. Knisheffy

Flawed idea for competition obviously the winners are based on the most popular classes since why would someone vote for a costume they wont be able to use. ( If it were to be implemented )

CherryLolo likes this.
  12. BarbaNegra

Thank you!, glad you like it! i tryed my best :v

13. Arudius

On account of how un-tanky mystics are? It's not like they are the tankiest class in game atm or anything right? :O lol. Armor makes more sense for them then tamers who got a full plate "night cat" outfit. Also, strikers have more full armor outfits in game than non-full armor so not sure what you mean by not fitting the style of the game. To that end since when did every outfit in game fit the class you can get it on, valks in nightgowns yet they are a tank, glass cannon wizards in full plate gavi regan... give me a break lol.

14. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Mystic 61 NA

really hope this gets made
    Family Name: Scintillare
    Name / Alias of designer: rdsketch, Rachel Downing
    Title of the Costume: Lover's Pride
    Class: Striker/Mystic Pair

15. Devirja

Greetings there, I am the designer of that costume and as surprising it may sound, I didn't have that Aion costume in mind at all. If you want to believe me or not, that is up to you. But as you said, I realized myself that there is in fact a very big resemblance between the two.

But here is why is it looking the way it is now (I just want you to know this): Sorceress has a lot of skills that include the word ''crow'' (ex: Rushing Crow) So I wanted to make something with feathers and with dark colors. The golden parts were added afterwards to make it a bit more detailed. The side parts with the ornaments and extra layer of cloth look indeed extremely similar to the one you showed, but those were thoughts to somewhat try and make the costume work together. I wanted to try and not make it too symmetrical which is why the extra layer of cloth is there and that was the only form that would just work together. The kind of ornament on the hip was something I was really proud of because of the form, but again, the concept of it seems to already exists, though I don't think it resembles the Aion design that much, maybe that's just my eyes. The shoulder pieces and shoes look pretty fine to me as well as the weapons pieces shouldn't be a problem either.

Again, if you want to believe me or not, that is fine. Though I must say that I'm kind of embarrassed to see that, in the end, there is still a large resemblance between the two and I want to apologize for that. This may sound like a poor excuse but it was really just a coincidence ( multiple ones if you want) but I still think that my design has some original aspects of its own (the ornament form, the feathers on the shoulder).

Have a nice day and good luck to every one on the top 10!

16. TeRRoRibleOne

Hi, I play Maehwa and voted for none of them. Not everyone is as biased as you

17. iThrowTrainz

azier should be for WITCH too !

18. SereneDreams

That is very big of you that despite the fact it was not intentional on your part, you can see what others might have seen. I don't believe that anyone's intention was to attack you or bring you to shame, it was more used as a defense of someone who is actually guilty of those things and isn't ashamed of it and seems to have no remorse for what they have done. I hope that your being involved didn't make you feel bad or negative in some sort of way, because the situation has absolutely nothing to do with you. I thank you anyway for trying to apologize for things that may be misconstrued, it's very much appreciated in light of everything. :]

19. Devirja

Thank you for your reassuring words ^.^ I just wanted to explain just in case to prevent further misunderstandings. And I understand that it wasn't used as an attack or to bring shame, so it's alright.

Kaijoichi likes this.
  20. FrequentFlyer

Are you ahead of scheduel? It should be top 50 currently yeah, according to the event schedule dates...