1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Global Donkey Race Event Exclusion

Discussion in 'Support Announcements' started by GM Salome, Jul 10, 2019.

1. GM Salome

Game Master

Dear Black Desert Online Adventurers,

When creating the Global Donkey Race event, our goal was to run an international competition that everyone could enjoy, and that also showcased the fun and quirky nature of the new Shai class. Unfortunately, there was an error during its execution, that caused the NA race to start at EU time, subsequently causing a delay to the start of the EU race.

We believe this error has hindered the enjoyment of some of the involved players, as well as affected the competitive nature of the event. Due to this, while all participants will still receive the individual prizes, NA & EU region has been excluded from the global rankings. We know that this can be upsetting, especially to everyone that tried their best to attend the event, and for that, we would like to extend our sincerest apologies. The reward for the last place in the global ranking, [Event] Extra Mount EXP Scroll x1 (+20%, 10 hours), will be sent out along with individual prizes to all adventurers with July 17th maintenance.

Despite this setback, we hope that those who participated still enjoyed the event. We promise to take more care to avoid similar mistakes in future and provide you with fun and unique events within Black Desert Online.

We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding,
    BDO Team

#1 GM Salome, Jul 10, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2019
    Andaro, Krolite, Larala and 3 others like this.
  2. Sir_Potter

Cuckao at its finest

3. Player_Slot_available

I am beyond disappointed over this. I am sad.
    My guild practiced and found the most optimal routes. We took turns marking out the path for each other, and we upgraded our donkey gear as much as we could. I had even had a donkey costume (Although I would have bought that regardless).

Now to be told that all of that was for nothing.
    I was told I took this race too seriously, and I guess they were right, as it all amounted to nothing.

If you check my Account_Name, I am almost 100% sure I made the top 10 in EU..

4. Gharlane

Gharlane Witch EU

Going by what is written you will still receive rewards (and titles) based on your position within your region.
    The only difference is the whole server only gets 1 mount xp scroll rather than up to a possible 5 of them.

5. Player_Slot_available

From my understanding, we just get the EXP scrolls. No rewards or titles.

6. Gharlane

Gharlane Witch EU

Player_Slot_available likes this.
  7. Suawoy

Gr8 job PA and Kakao! You never disappoint. Thank you.

On side note. Just take a look how fun is waiting to enter Altar of Blood. I got plenty of joy leveling... On my guilds discord... Yay.

8. Desado

Desado Wizard 62 NA

but the title....

9. GM Salome

Game Master

The title is not lost due to this, as it's part of the ranking rewards within the region.

10. Zytania

So let me get this straight you guys ****ed this event up and the players get punished for that? Well I guess, I could have expected something like this from you.
    Also I don't understand, how exactly does this affect the competitve nature? I mean this only affects EU and NA and only in a bad way right. Atleast I don't see any advantage for our servers.

11. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

At least this time you guy don't call all players to join you on wonderful adventure and fight powerful World boss all together on 1 server, you just spawn NPC on wrong server and took 26minutes to notice that.

12. TQuin

You mean "We screwed up so you get the maximum reward." That's what you meant to say.

13. Malpo69

Malpo69 Witch 62 EU

So pity we are excluded from global donkey race, and now who tell to my donkey that he will never get Clip-Clop Donkey Gear Set?

14. TQuin

For real. I was going to celebrate by buying a new costume for my donkey, but now? **** it.

15. Darlgon

So, basically, everyone receives the title for last place, the participation award?

Last place HAS no title according to this chart here. https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/2889

Just to be clear.. no one really gives a crap about the server wide bonuses.. they are just bonuses. Players are upset that, according to the above information.. you disqualified all of us from ANY global rankings for time spent on the race. So NO ONE can claim spots 1-10, or 11-100.

16. TQuin

I'm upset that I'm pretty sure I beat the pants off those other region bastards. I spent the whole weekend putting donkey gear together and spent the entire afternoon leading up to the event doing practice runs. My **** was perfect.

17. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

I empathise with the people who took part in this. After your screw up with the Guild Support Event and your complete disregard for the players, I’m not surprised to see another **** outcome for people who took you at your word.

I wonder at what point a company gets investigated for continually misleading its consumers

18. TQuin

19. Twinkle

20. TQuin

@Twinkle
    The point that he was trying to make is that it's a shitty non-reward.