1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Global Lab Patch Notes 2019-08-22 : bug fixes and small improvements

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Keldorn, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Ireshi

Can ANYONE please post the SMH details such as - how long does it take to kill Candidum now, what does it drop (if different from live servers), how do you go about killing said Candidum given ability to shoot cannons, How many Candidums can you kill before having to go back to port.

P.S. Do sea monsters still drop 100kk items, and are they still guild items, if yes - any noticeable variation in chance as compared to live servers

P.P.S. - Any other info relevant to SMH, and the estimated impact of the upcoming update on current state of affairs for guilds that specialize in SMH.

Thanks in advance

#41 Ireshi, Aug 24, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  2. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

So in a nutshell you want someone else do all the work lol.

3. Ireshi

If I could, I'd do the test right away, sadly I dont have access to test server. What surprised me is that no noone really talked about SMH, only about ships and guns, as if you need guns to do fireworks or trade. We have ships as tools to make gold, we (kinda) enjoy the way we make gold, and we get upset when our ways of game life get upended with no discernible benefit.

P.S. Dont get me wrong, we want the update to Margoria, and always did - but .. at least tell us what's up with farming mobs in the ocean

#43 Ireshi, Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    Parthin and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  4. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Just joking mate. I agree about no point having boats if there is nothing to do with them. I used to do seamonsters but got bored of it.

5. Tabri

Tabri Paingiver Witch 62 NA

They apparently lowered the amnity needed for this since the last time I did this but yeah I am lazy I do too many other things in game to be trying to keep up with that and the time limit involved after using them also and storage space on my boat used. But after this ocean update I doubt we will be using these anymore anyway who knows.

6. elgen

Content has not been release on the test server for what you want to know. Last I looked they are still lacking blue upgraded gear and npc crew workers. People have been killing of the weaker young sea monsters with out gear but I would not expect some good tests on the big stuff until they have to blue +7 gear to test it.

What we do know so far.

Sea monsters drop more then just guild items now. They also give combat and skill exp.

Ramming has been nerf and you use some thing like 5% of your max health on skill use.

Cannons do double the amount of attacks per cycle then the old boats and do not require a gunner. To balance this they do less damage per hit on vell compared to older boats.

Stage 5 goods in the new trading system are worth about 8 mil a pop. You have some thing like 30 slots on the upgraded merchant ship for those goods.

So the ability to make silver is still going to be there on sea content it just won't be catered 30 man smh guilds that only exist for weekly payouts which really is not a bad thing. .

7. Airie

I've updated the values with what appears to be the actual applied values.
    The item descriptions in Global lab are still using the old values. Functionally 1 ration is equivalent to 1000 ship power.

Additionally I've added some information on the materials needed to craft the blue parts.

At the moment the recipe for cooking the sailor food is not known yet (it's missing from crafting notes).

seanas and Wodur like this.
  8. Wodur

Thank your compiling the guide. <3

9. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

The current System of Wind and Currents should never come to the live game. Trying it out, you are pushed back! if you sail against currents and wind (even real world sailboats can sail against those and move forward).
    Due to this for me, testing the new sea hunting and ship was impossible as you get pushed away so far, if you don't stay stationary, which you cant because you would like to try to avoid damage as well as adjusting your position towards the enemy to be able to shoot it, i was pushed away so far that the monsters simply reset back to spawn which i could not follow because i get pushed back even further.
    This effect is way to strong and will kill sea content completely.
    Going from Velia to port ratt was just a 10 minute trip or even less, if the wind and current is in your favor, but going back from there to velia took me over an hour, or would have if the wind would have stayed the way it was.

You need to rework this system or just don't implement it at all if you want people to actually enjoy sea content.

Oh and i forgot... Pirate ships don't even care about the currents and wind. They can sail against these without any problems.
    I guess they have a huge diesel engine hidden somewhere

Lord_Xenon and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  10. Purr

thats why i used a wagon to store them in no storage required to waste

11. Lord_Xenon

So I can't do it. Via VPN I have a bad connection that will throw me out before I can login in this game.

12. Vanadiel

If you look at the track record of SMH content and sea content in general, you will notice all their "improvements" have slowly but surely killed off sea content.
    I just see this as a continuation of that practice.

Tvvin and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  13. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

I made a video of this for my guild mates but sadly it did not record what i said there so i put it into Subtitle comments.

Please if you happen to watch the Video, enable subtitles for English, the video is just ingame sound but no voice as my Mic was not picked up by my recording software for whatever reason. Rookie Mistakes but hey first time i did a video

Naho, Parthin, Tabri and 1 other person like this.
  14. warriors

You have free blue stuff +8 in global lab.

15. Purr

love the vid also those drift turns woulda make the drivers in tokyo drift jealous af

16. Tabri

Tabri Paingiver Witch 62 NA

Thank you for the video this just confirms what I said before. I was excited about the new ocean content coming up but now my excitement meter just went to zero due to the current thing. Why is it they tend to ruin anything fun in the game with stupid unwanted things all the time makes me wonder.

17. Vanadiel

It's simple: they don't play their own game or communicate with their players, and introduce things they think are "cool".
    The end result is unhappy customers, and more work later on to try and "fix" it.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  18. elgen

And yet even the video just above yours post and all of the others posted shows no use of blue upgrades gear or workers.

19. warriors

Because the upgraded version of sail/fregate is not compatible with blue gear.
    And some players use the new boat versions

20. Parthin

Looks pretty fun. One thing I don't understand is why the cannonball rack shows empty.